Discussion in 'World Cup of Soaps' started by Angela Channing, Jul 30, 2018.
Just to clarify what this round involves. JR, Sue Ellen, Miss Ellie and Bobby have automatically qualified for the knockout round of the contest. This round is to select 2 more Dallas characters to join them in the next round.
Please select the THREE additional characters you would like to join the other 4 in the next round. List your choices in order of preference. You can give reasons for you vote which might help others with their choices but this is entirely optional, it's absolutely fine just to give the names.
The top 2 characters of all the votes will go through to the next round and the character in third place will join characters from the other soaps in a final vote off for the remaining 2 places in the knock out rounds.
This week's vote will end at 8am on Monday 6th Aug 2018.
1. Cliff Barnes - I originally wanted to gave an automatic qualification place to Cliff but as Bobby was a finalist in the Dallas World Cup I gave it to him instead. Arguably, one of the most important roles in the series after JR and he never gave up and ultimately came out on top,
2. Pamela Barnes - I always thought she was the personification of the main themes of the whole series, Barnes-Ewing feud, with a foot in both camps. A vital character that deserves to be in the final round.
3. Jock Ewing - Just a great character, I liked and disliked him on different occasions but always enjoyed watching him.
1. Cliff Barnes
2. Pamela Barnes Ewing
3. Ray Krebbs
These 3 feel most Dallas aside from the 4 already qualified.
1. Katherine Wentworth
2. Cliff Barnes
3. Afton Cooper
Without these three characters, I wouldn't have been as glued to the show as I was. Plus I fancied Katherine far too much even though she could be a little cruel at times.
I've changed my mind
1. John Ross
2. Judith Ryland
3. Cliff Barnes
1. Pam Ewing
2. Cliff Barnes
3. Katherine Wentworth
ok My selection
Pamela Barnes Ewing - Dallas golden girl and the key to story lines, the link to the barnes family, the feud, Bobbys wife and hated by JY, she was the lynch pin for me and the key player who linked it all together. She was the most important female figure on Dallas and 2nd most important character after JR
Cliff barnes - another key character of Dallas past and present - hatred fuelled by his daddy and his dislike of all things Ewing.
Jock ewing - patriarch of the Ewing family and links to the past - so much of the central story was because of jock Ewing and how he treated people and post death the aftermath of his death and the battle for the family and his company. Even in death he was still there!
1. Pam, she was so lovely,had integrity not to mention imo she was the most beautiful woman on television.
2. Donna - she was one of the most down to earth, believable characters and played an brilliant actress
3. Katherine - she was great fun to watch, very naughty and pivotal to some key Dallas moments
Thank you @Angela Channing and those involved with creating all this for us. It’s a lot of work. It’s much appreciated
Willie, you may wish to change your vote as it's the 80s prime time soaps so I'm not including TNT Dallas (nor the Dynasty reboot) so I won't be counting votes for characters don't appear in the original series. Sorry, I should have made this clearer in my earlier post.
1. Pamela Barnes/Ewing. No Pam, no Dallas.
2. Katherine Wentworth. A character never fully understood but pivotal in one of the most iconic moments in Dallas history when Pam screamed over Bobby in that driveway.
3. Jock Ewing. I've never known another character to have such a lasting effect on a television series, long after his death.
The forth son.
In some ways she was like a Ewing daughter more than a grand daughter. Also the character did well in the Dallas world cup.
Wihout her the Ewing-Barnes fued made no sense.
1.Pam--though the actress was taking self-involved to new levels in every interview, Bobby and Pam was the core of the show's original drive
2.Cliff--obviously needed to try his Scooby Doo attempts to get J.R.
Mr Torrence, you still have a third vote if you want to use it, although your other 2 votes will still be valid if you chose not to.
Thank you. I was unsure of whether to include Rebecca or Katherine Wentworth, but in the end I decided to leave it to just the two basic ones.
1. Cliff Barnes
2. Jock Ewing
3. Pamela Barnes Ewing
But but but... Scooby was always successful. I'd more compare Cliff to Wile Coyote.
Separate names with a comma.