Discussion in 'World Cup of Soaps' started by Angela Channing, Jul 30, 2018.
What? No votes for Lasy Ashley? Jackie? How immensely disappointing ;-)
1. Amanda I - Catherine Oxenberg was beautiful
2. Steven I - Al Corley was great
3. Jeff (this was close with Dex but JJ has the the most handsome factor and I heard he used whoopie cushions on his co-stars)
Thanks for your votes. It's not necessary to stipulate which version of a character you are voting for because this game is just about the characters and not the actor portraying them. I do agree with your comments though.
1. Dominique Deveraux because she was a great rival for Alexis.
2. Jeff Colby because he almost feels like a backbone of the show, like he needed to be there as he was involved in so many key storylines.
3. Adam Carrington because he was sex on legs and he'd be perfectly capable of filling Alexis' shoes.
Alexis CC, welcome to the game. I think this is the first post of yours that I've read on Soapchat, it's great having you on board.
May I ask, is that you in the bath in your profile pic?
I love a good game so thank you. I'm free to read the forum for the next month or so before work takes over my life once again.
Yes that is me in the bath.
It's a nice photo, although the real Alexis would have been in a bubble bath.
1 - Jeff Colby
2 - Steven Carrington
3 - Sammy Jo Dean
3. Sammy Jo
There's still time to vote for Kirby or any other Dynasty character you want to be in the World Cup of Prime Time Soaps. List your 3 choices on this thread before the poll closes at midnight on Sunday.
1) Steven Carrington
2) Jeff Colby
3) Claudia Blaisdel
It's just after midnight UK time, so the vote for the Dynasty qualifying round has now closed. Sixteen of us voted for 13 different characters. The results are as follows:
Steven Carrington: 18
Jeff Colby: 18
Sammy Jo Dean: 18
Adam Carrington: 11
Dominique Devereaux: 10
Amanda Carrington: 5
Claudia Blaisdel: 4
Dex Dexter: 3
Joseph Anders: 3
Prince Michael: 2
Caress Morrell: 2
Cecil Colby: 1
Walter Lankershim: 1
So there is a 3 way tie for the top 3 places. The rules of the World Cup state that in the event of a tie, the casting vote goes to the first person(s) to vote, excluding myself. As @Michelle Stevens voted for Steven and @Emelee voted for Jeff before anyone voted for Sammy Jo, those 2 characters qualify for the knock out round of the World Cup.
Sammy Jo will now join Jock Ewing and one character I will select from Flamingo Road and from The Colbys in a vote for a final chance to qualify.
Thank you everyone who voted in this round.
Details of the next vote (the Falcon Crest Qualification Round) will be posted shortly.
Excellent choices! Dynasty is going to be a strong contender.
Can't wait for the Falcon Crest round.
Who is next? Drum roll
To clarify the details for this round.
Angela, Richard, Lance and Maggie were chosen to automatically qualify for the knockout round of the contest.
This round is to select 2 more Falcon Crest characters to join them in the next round.
Please select the THREE additional Falcon Crest characters you would like be part of the World Cup. List your choices in order of preference. You can give reasons for your vote which might help others with their choices but this is entirely optional, it's absolutely fine just to give the names.
As before, the top 2 characters of all the votes will go through to the next round and the character in third place will join characters from the other soaps in a final vote off for the remaining 2 places in the knock out rounds.
This week's vote will end at midnight on Sunday 19th August 2018.
Can you remind us of the 3 that have already automatically gone through Angela?
EDIT: Oops, I just see you already did above.
I think you missed my second post. But to clarify, Angela, Richard, Lance and Maggie have already qualified for the next round.
I'll vote first as usual to help everyone understand what you need to do.
1. Melissa - she was just a fire cracker. Beautiful, bitchy, scheming and such a vital part of the series.2. Chao-Li - more than just a quiet loyal servant but a man that would do just about anything to support his employer, including covering up what he thought was a murder.
3. Emma - such a naïve, warm, quirky and loving character that I can forgive her for bringing the ghastly Charley St. James to Falcon Crest.
Separate names with a comma.