Tilton On Vp: “she’s A Real B-tch!”

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by TJames03, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

Snarky's Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,342
    Medals:
    But it doesn't. He said/She said stuff is infamously hard to sue over.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  2. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Medals:
    And she’d do it, too....

That’s why I love VP. When I first found out that she took a gun to her maid I knew that she was a Goddess......

3. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Medals:
    I like to think that VP was somewhere behind the scenes in Joan Rivers’ doctor’s office that fateful day.....

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  4. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +489
    This article is completely inaccurate. It says that Victoria cut ties with everyone when the show was finished shooting in 1991. BS. I bet she dumped all of them as soon as she finished shooting her final scenes in 1987.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Medals:
    Well, as I said before, I just don’t know what everyone expected her to do once she departed.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +712
    From what Victoria said, her exit scene was Pam's death. Were the brass scared of another dream scenario and instead came up with the mummy and kidnap idea? The bad thing for the brass is that they went full out on Bobby's death with the emotions, yet reduced Pam's exit to a damp squib that haunted the series, even in 2012-2014.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Medals:
    VP also stated that TPTB were treating her like massive sh-t as her exit episode loomed because she continued to refuse to re-sign no matter how much $$$ they threw at her. Taking her parking space away, restricting her movements around the studio until she had her lawyers step in. Good for her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Barbara Belle Of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,967
    Medals:
    I do admire VP for walking away from being one of the most talked about, and printed on paper stars of the 1980s.
    She out did all her co stars with the articles that were printed about her/VP/Pam and she graced more magazine covers than any other female except Princess Diana in the 80s.

Dallas could have been an easy "cash cow" for her given the money they were willing to pay to keep her and I respect her so much for sticking to her Principals and saying no!

And it does seem very petty of Producers to take away things like her parking space and other perks. My own feelings are there was a little bit of jealousy where VP was concerned.

I also have to say - working in a large dept, there are "colleagues" (some who have left that I never wish to see or hear from again as I couldnt stick them, there are others that I miss and think about a lot) and of the current crowd, I cant stick one of them; Im always pleasant, smiling and civil, but hey ho, thats life and if i never saw that person again, I wouldnt care. In a large group of people you cant be expected to get on with everyone and VP wasnt part of the Dallas "set" off screen, neither was BBG, KK, HK, SK, SH and thats OK. Thats life

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,684
    How did you feel about Patrick Duffy when he walked away? Not the coming back later, but when he left? The same level of admiration?

10. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Barbara Belle Of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,967
    Medals:
    I was sorry that he was leaving Dallas - but i was super excited that he was going to be the next Harrison Ford with a great Movie career to look fwds too. That never materialised and all we saw of him in UK that year was a DER commercial for Tvs and a bad TV drama called Strong medicine with Pamela Sue Martin. He was never going to make it to that next level of Film stardom.

Also - as much as I loved PD, Id rather have BBG in Dallas, than PD and it was announced she was returning to soften the blow of his leaving in 1985.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JR Ewing Fan

JR Ewing Fan Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I don't even remember. It's had to have been over a decade though.
    The only thing I saw him in that year was an episode of Arthur Hailey's Hotel and that was early in the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Medals:
    His was different. VP even stated that she had absolutely no clue what was going to happen to her career when she left, but she just knew she had to. Duffy thought he was gonna go on to make big movies and have a cinematic career. VP’s career DID falter after she left for a bit, but she didn’t come back screaming and crying. She reinvented herself. Duffy couldn’t do that....

• Agree Agree x 1