TNT Dallas For Beginners

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by Willie Oleson, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    Don't worry, I can handle it.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Willie, they actually recycled a couple of scenes that had already appeared in the show, one of them the limo scene and the other the final one with JR on the phone. If you go back to Episode 4, he is talking with someone but it´s not a red wall in the background. They altered the image digitally and inserted the red wall so both images didn´t look the same.

[​IMG]

They also took some lines from other episodes like the "I´m proud of you" and added them to the scene. IMHO they managed to give a great farewell to the character and Larry too, in such circumstances. The infamous showrunner said then that they had to rewrite "slightly" the storylines when Larry passed away, but most of it remained the same. Actually it all made sense at the end, within the universe of TNT Dallas, of course. Incidentally, I´ll add that Deborah Rennard, aka Sly, almost made it to this episode, but in the last minute the "brains" behind the show changed their mind...:re:

Can´t wait to hear your opinion about the outcome of JR´s "Masterpiece" in Season 2´s cliffhanger episode...:dance:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,643
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Here´s the process in the words of "that Cider woman" and his partner in crime (of destroying "Dallas") Michael Robin (no spoilers):

Reflecting on that time, Cidre says the question was: “How do you say goodbye to such an iconic character and such an iconic actor in a way that pays tribute to him and also makes the fans happy? It was a huge challenge, but we knew we had to accept it and rise to the occasion.”

To that end, Cidre says that she, fellow EP Michael M. Robin and their writing team “kind of threw away the rest of the season as we had plotted it, just for the moment, to free our minds about what else we could do.” After a couple of weeks and considering “what must have been 30 different” scenarios, “I think we came up with a really good one,” she says. “The next challenge was: OK, now let’s reintegrate all of the really good moments that we had already planned. And I think we ended up keeping 80 percent of it.”

The storyline conceived to accommodate Hagman’s death, as now revealed, involved killing off TV’s greatest love-to-hate character by way of a murder mystery. And while the original idea was to simply have J.R. shot off-camera during a one-way call with Josh Henderson’s John Ross, “Post-production put together all the lines of dialogue Larry had recorded, and we the writers figured we could reverse-engineer the John Ross side of it,” Cidre says. “Our editor was able to come up with something extremely clever.”

Robin explains that the episode-ending phone call was built off of an Episode 4 scene between J.R. and Pamela Barnes’ No. 1, Frank, who had just delivered the upsetting news that John Ross was sleeping with the enemy (ergo J.R.’s distressed reaction). The FX guys then stripped out the original background (J.R.’s room at Southfork) and dropped in the walls of the motel room in Mexico where the oily tycoon is ultimately found murdered. Add in the sound of approaching foot-steps, cut to John Ross’ reaction when shots ring out and… “We were like, ‘Son of a gun!'” Robin shares.

But lest that one scene feel tacked on to an otherwise J.R.-less episode, the editors and post-production wizards cobbled together two others — J.R. in a limo, and then a phone call with Bum — to create a three-beat final arc for the character. (The second scene involved tweaking a spliced-in snippet of Season 1 Hagman dialogue from, “What are you doing about that rat [Harris Ryland]?” to “What are you doing about that race?”).

http://tvline.com/2013/03/11/dallas-season-2-spoilers-jr-funeral/

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,865
    Medals:

This was the stand out scene in all of Dallas TNT for me. It's rare that anything in a soap makes me cry, but when she says "Yes JR, the answer is yes" in response to inviting her out to dinner in his letter I was welling up. Beautifully written and acted and so bittersweet. The fact that Linda was drawing on her own emotions and grief made it so raw and heartbreaking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,649
    Medals:
    Well, he did once say, "I never killed anybody, not even during the war" which suggests some sort of military background. The detail of the flag-draped coffin is paid off later in the series -- or at least it resonates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    I'm mostly snottering my way through these soaps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    JR is gone, but there's no rest for the wicked, and what a wicked bunch they are!

According to the stichwörter scribbled down in my notebook, the episode start with Dallas' most notorious alcoholics.
    Gary addresses the issue of Sue Ellen's drinking during the funeral, but she (quite rudely) tells him to hit the road because she no longer needs his vote to get the oil well back in production.
    This behaviour only confirms Gary's suspicion, because the only thing addicts want is to be left alone so they can focus on their addiction. And they'll have it the good way or the hard way.
    In order to distract Gary, Sue Ellen lures Valene to Dallas.
    Yeah, Gary and Valene are currently/temporarily seperated because of his drinking problem. What's new in the cul-de-sac!:lol:

Barnes Global underbids the contract with the DTC, but Christopher - thanks to a blackmail scheme - "convinces" the head of DTC, the sexy Alison Jones, to attend his presentation at the off-shore methane rig. And then vote in his favour, of course.
    It's a little more detailed than that but I don't feel like rephrasing all the technical stuff.
    A bad guy (not sure if he's working for Barnes or Ryland, but it really makes no difference in this case) blackmails Drew, a former explosion expert, to blow up the rig.

Meanwhile, over at the Ryland residence, Harris and Judith's verbal fight from the previous episode takes a turn for the worse when Harris refuses to apologize to his mother.
    upload_2017-9-4_4-8-23.png
    "This is a family business, and I am the head of the family. And since you are dead to me, you are no longer family".
    The logic in this statement is painfully simple and un-sophisticated, and very characteristic of Judith Ryland.
    It couldn't be more "Falcon Crest" even if it tried.

Staircase moment alert!
    upload_2017-9-4_4-14-48.png
    :dance:

Via cameras, the bad guy notices that Pamela is also on the methane rig, and he informs Cliff about this unexpected situation.
    He struggles for a moment, and then orders the bad guy to proceed.
    This also means that Cliff Barnes surpasses Jeb Hollister from THE YELLOW ROSE as Most Evil Prime-Time Soap Villain.
    upload_2017-9-4_4-19-40.png
    Should I be surprised? This man, who has lived his life for revenge, who has become revenge...it's pure madness.
    He knows he's not going to live forever, and this is his last chance to destroy the Ewings, whatever it takes.
    I am shocked, but not surprised.

Like I said, no rest for the
    upload_2017-9-4_4-32-14.png

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,898
    Like most things on TNT Dallas it was never explored, pity really as I think there was a story there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,898
    Willie, for the Dallas purists we'll need to fill in the blanks as to why Cliff turned on the Ewing family again. During the original Dallas series Miss Ellie and Cliff had made peace. When we left the Ewing family in 1991 (remember TNT Dallas ignored the reunion movies) something triggered Cliff to go after the Ewing family again. I can only conclude during one of those Oil Baron Balls between 1992 and 2012, JR stuck his leg out and tripped Cliff, landing flat on his face. The Ewing/Barnes war had begun in earnest.

Loving the screen caps and reviews Willie :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    Most (if not all) of SoapLand's pregnant women are ticking time bombs, as I can't for the life of me recall a flawless delivery being shown on any of the classic soaps.
    TNT DALLAS does a double whammy when Pamela Barnes' pregnancy is in jeopardy because of a ticking time bomb.
    upload_2017-9-6_13-34-38.png

Episode 2.10 focusses on interpretations, speculations, accusations and straight out lies. And big drama, of course.
    Judith Ryland is also hospitalized after her unfortunate tumble down the stairs.
    Son Harris is moving heaven and earth to make amends, also because he hopes she'll reconsider cutting him out of the family business.
    Judith proves to be unforgiving, and apparently it all stems from the simple fact that he had chosen Ann (or any woman, I imagine) over her.
    However, she wants Emma back, and makes a deal with Harris.
    When Emma visits her grandmother, Judith tries to blame everything on her son. It's a bizarre scene but it also shows what a totally amoral and insane person Judith is.
    Is it any wonder that Harris turned out to be such a monster?

Pamela's mother Afton returns to Dallas to visit her daughter in the hospital.
    upload_2017-9-6_14-9-19.png
    And she looks stunning! In fact, it almost looks a bit inappropriate, considering her daughter's condition - which happens to be very complicated, to say the least.
    There's the classic dilemma of "saving the mother" vs. "saving the babies", but the Ewings demand a miracle.
    And initially it looks that's exactly what they get.

The Environmental Safety And Hazards Administration (TESHA) is investigating the explosion in order to determine liability for the environmental damage.
    One of Sue Ellen's most supportive campaign supporters/former admirer happens to be a chair on the TESHA board, and as a special favour he provides some useful inside information.
    Side note: everybody calls her "Sue Ellen", never Mrs. Ewing. At first I thought this sounded strangely informal, but it actually gives her more "profile".
    Kinda like Ann-Margret or just Racine:lol:

Apparently, two explosions were registered, and that's when the Ewings are getting suspicious. Even more so when this same person later claims that it was all a misunderstanding.
    Christopher and John Ross conclude that it has to be Barnes' doing, eventhough that doesn't make sense considering how much it will damage his stake (via Pamela) in Ewing Energies. Unless...he only wants to destroy EE!

Totally unexpected, the doctor's miracle is being reversed, and Pamela miscarries the babies.
    This awful event is beautifully filmed as we watch Pamela, Afton, John Ross and Christopher watching the unborn Ewing twins die - live and on-screen.
    upload_2017-9-6_14-50-15.png
    This has to be the most dramatic miscarriage I've ever seen.
    Thinking ahead, this also terminates the deliciously-impossible connection between Christopher and Pamela. I really hope she's not going to be sidelined after this.

TESHA's investigation comes to an end and Ewing Energies is fined one billion dollars for environmental damage.
    At the end of episode 2.11 I realize that the methane-rig-sabotage is not as cut and dried as it originally seemed.
    upload_2017-9-6_15-39-29.png
    It was the first part of a domino effect that is going to destroy the Ewing empire once and for all!
    Needless to say, Drew Ramos is at the end of his rope, and almost literally when Ryland decides to teach him a lesson.
    And then make Emma witness what happens if she continues to date him.

But Carlos Del Sol provides some interesting titbits about Harris Ryland and, possibly, Ryland Transport.
    OMG!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    "My father took down three senators, two governors and a vice-president".
    upload_2017-9-7_21-49-23.png
    "Your head's gonna look real nice above my fireplace".

Strong words by John Ross, addressed to the current Governor of Texas (or is it just Dallas?)
    There's a fine line between braggadocio and optimism, and from my European point of view, it's precisely this "line between" that captures the essence of Americanism.
    Or at least the America-in-the-movies.
    A European would probably try to bedazzle the Governor with pride and haughtiness (not saying that it wouldn't be effective) but it's that deadly "campfire" charm that really seems to work for the Americans.

Nevertheless, this Ewing-front triggers some concern on the part of the Governor, and he tells Barnes and Ryland that he doesn't want to become a casualty of their personal vendettas.
    In this scene, the confidence seems to be completely misplaced, because a corrupt governor should never underestimate The Man With The Money.
    The fact that Ryland and Barnes don't protest or disagree is very telling.
    He's toast.

Another servant of the state is sheriff Derrick a.k.a. the Family Sheriff.
    upload_2017-9-7_23-4-1.png
    Several soap clans had them, most notable Jeb Hollister's henchman-sheriff Wallace (The Yellow Rose) and of course all the sheriffs of Tuscany Valley who had a full-time job serving the Channings and the Giobertis (they retired very early, I think:lol:).
    Interestingly, on Flamingo Road it was Sheriff Titus Semple who owned the clans.
    Sheriff Derrick is very happy to help the Ewings trying to uncover Ryland's presumably shady business.
    Needless to say, Ryland is ahead of the game, mostly because of Bobby's not-so-subtle intentions to destroy him.

Another friendly, but more unusual, handshake is the one between Sue Ellen and JR's private investigator Bum.
    upload_2017-9-7_23-32-57.png
    This was my favourite scene, because the Old Sue Ellen Ewing, the snobbish and self-absorbed Daughter Of The Alamo (or was it "Rose"?), would have despised a man like Bum.
    But, being married to JR Ewing, she probably had her reasons.
    Bum even makes some complimentary remarks and yet there's nothing awkward about it. Of course, this Sue Ellen doesn't have time for fake Southern modesty because she has to save Ewing Energies.
    Not that I don't appreciate awkwardness in soaps - Old Sue Ellen was very good to Old Dallas.

I had never thought I would compare Cliff Barnes to Alexis Carrington, but some things reminded me of her.
    Cliff thinks that the death of the babies is a blessing in disguise, which is most convenient since he's responsible for the miscarriage.
    His victory, becoming the owner of EE unless the Ewings manage to repay the loan (within 24 hours!) was like Alexis waving "the papers to prove it" that she was the new owner of the company and Blake's mansion.
    upload_2017-9-8_0-8-53.png
    There are subtle differences, of course.:lol:

And there are tears when Pamela realizes that it really was her father who had the methane rig sabotaged.
    She's an emotional wreck and somehow that always looks better in the rain.
    upload_2017-9-8_0-17-27.png

The plot thickens when Christopher learns that a certain Swiss bank account bla-bla-details suggest that his mother could be alive.
    upload_2017-9-8_0-21-46.png
    Initially it was the plan to have her officially declared dead so that Christopher would get her shares of Barnes Global.
    Elena is worried because he approaches the situation so pragmatically, without any emotion. And to be honest, it surprises me too.

She's not coming back, I know that. But if she did, who could have played Pam - since Victoria Principal wasn't an option?
    My twisted brains started to twist and turn, and suddenly I thought, what if she had had so many facial reconstructions, that she (completely accidentally) would end up looking like the spitting image of

his mother?
    upload_2017-9-8_0-36-23.png

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    In episode 2.13, Elena confronts her brother with his job-gone-wrong for Ryland Transport. This leads to Drew's confession about his part in the methane rig explosion.
    Elena demands that he turns himself in to the police, because his and Roy Vickers conspiracy will prove that the explosion was not caused by the methane over-pressure (or something like that), and this will render TESHA's claim null and void.
    And because of that, the Ewings can simply repay the loan since they don't need the money for the billion dollar fine, and Barnes won't be able to take over Ewing Energies.
    Problem solved!

However, Drew flees the scene and tries to find Roy Vickers, who is released from custody because Drew didn't show up in court, and since Roy has become a liability to Ryland and Barnes, it is very unlikely that Drew (or anyone else for that matter) is going to find him.
    He's not helping, to say the leasto_O

Carmen and Elena give him the money he needs to escape to Mexico, after all, they're family too.
    upload_2017-9-9_16-14-44.png
    Drew isn't a bad guy, he's a trouble-magnet. "You had a chance here", his mother says in tears.
    I felt so sorry for them and I had hoped he and Elena would find that oil.
    Nevertheless, they're taking this little secret back to Southfork, and as we know, that's not the best place to hide a secret.

Ann and Bobby have to deal with Emma's addiction, when she causes an accident while using drugs.
    (although I don't think you can get "high" of painkillers, but it can influence the coordination and reflexes).
    upload_2017-9-9_16-34-5.png
    Emma lashes out at her mother, accusing her of leaving her daughter with the controlling Rylands.
    "You did four years, I did twenty!"
    This is an emotion I hadn't seen before - although it was partially caused by the accident and the fact that Ann confronted her with the addiction.
    Furthermore, what she says isn't true, but emotions don't always have to make sense, and that's why I sympathized with her.
    Ann decides to let her spend the night in jail, and this echoes of Sue Ellen's parental advice (ha!) that parenting isn't only about making things easy.

Personally, I always enjoy Harris' indoctrination about "following the rules" versus "chaos!". It's so Mommie Dearest.

Cliff still thinks his victory is in the bag, and he intends to share that monumental moment with his little princess.
    Pamela II persuades her father to sign over Katherine's shares of Barnes Global (formerly known as Wentworth Industries, I think:lol:), and combined with the shares of Pamela I, they'll control the majority of the votes.
    This simple juggling-with-shares was common practice on the classic soaps, and often a substitute for a really clever business storyline.

It's all about the outcome of course, and that's why I can't wait to see Cliff's reaction when he finds out that the impossible has happened:
    JR's son has married a Barnes Woman.
    upload_2017-9-9_17-31-4.png

!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,898
    I'm enjoying the critiques Willie. They're often chaotic, matter of fact, with no emotional pull to the characters. Sums up TNT Dallas perfectly. This is no reflection on you, more so the creative types behind the resurrection of Dallas. If this was their vision then they succeeded. :)

14. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    It seems to me that they know what they're doing, but then again, I'm just a beginner so please bear with me:)

"Bum, it's Bobby. Time to put the plan in motion".
    upload_2017-9-10_3-8-7.png
    But what is it?

This episode is all about tricks, and it suddenly dawns on me that every episode has a different theme, but I don't know if this was intentional.
    Thanks to Bum, Sue Ellen locates Ken Richards, former chair of TESHA.
    She tricks him into revealing his misstep, the very misstep Governor McConaughey is holding over his head.
    And then she promises to "protect him" in exchange for prove of TESHA's cover-up.
    upload_2017-9-10_3-40-39.png
    "Just a little something I learned from JR - if you can't count on someone to do the right thing, don't give 'em the choice".

Meanwhile, in Zurich, Christopher locates Pam's address. She's not home, but her current husband tells him that she never wants to see her son again.
    Christopher is very shaken up by this news, even more so because he hadn't expected to care.
    upload_2017-9-10_3-47-33.png
    But that's not all. He accidentally discovers that Elena is still in contact with her fugitive brother, and if there's one thing he can't stand, it's being tricked.

Drew actually finds a way to frame Roy Vickers - it won't connect him with the time bomb, but it will help to uncover Ryland's drug smuggling.
    upload_2017-9-10_4-25-13.png
    Titbit: Roy's girlfriend is played by Dutch actress Micky Hoogendijk who debuted in the Dutch soap "Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden".

Emma pretends that she wants to come home - anything better than the rehabilitation clinic - but her father catches her red-handed when she's trying to open his safe.

John Ross stumbles upon information that proves Cliff's plane was in Nuevo Laredo the night JR was killed.
    A hooker confirms that he had been watching her and JR when they were in the club.
    Bobby and John Ross are convinced that Cliff has killed JR, but Pamela has her doubts, and without hard evidence, so do I.
    Apparently, JR's buckle was stolen after he was murdered, but JR has left of copy with instructions to frame Cliff.
    upload_2017-9-10_4-33-24.png
    What Bobby seems to forget is that JR hated Cliff, and he would have wanted to blame Cliff even if he wasn't the killer.
    So I'm a bit uncomfortable with this scheme, but maybe that's how it should feel.

Christopher finally catches the plastic surgeon together with the woman who is supposed to be Pam.
    upload_2017-9-10_4-42-12.png
    Well, obviously she's an impostor, a scam to take the money deposited by Barnes Global.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    I have to admit that the scene with Pamela losing her babies at the hospital was very dramatic and well done. Add in Bum and Sheriff Derrick (who I liked so much better than Sheriff Washburn from the old Dallas), and Judith's antics, and I might have been able to call things up until now redeemable. But Cidre ruined it for me by "killing" Katherine Wentworth with just one sentence.

Keep up the reviews! They are very entertaining!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,898
    Well, at least she apologized for the stuff up. But, what really annoys me more than anything about TNT Dallas? Unless there is a continuation (produced with competence) we're left with the horrid possibility Christopher died, Pam and Katherine are both dead and out there somewhere is JR's daughter. I suppose we could leave the last one out since it didn't officially make it to air. I understand most have dreamed up their own scenarios (with fanfics) since TNT Dallas left our small screens but until the day Dallas returns this is what I'm left with. :( Keep safe Florida!

17. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,204
    Medals:
    There were so many things with TNT Dallas that disturbed me, it was mostly continuity mistakes like that "Cattlemen's ball" or for example Bobbys reaction to Afton in the hospital. "Pull in your claws Afton, you've done enough damage in the past".
    Huh?! What "damage" did Afton ever do and to whom? The last scene they had together on the original show, she saved Bobbys life by calling the ambulance after he was shot. HELLO?!??!!
    So his reaction towards her should have been the complete opposite, those two were never enemies or fought in any way.
    But this is just one example of hundred other moments when i was just shouting at TNT-Dallas "Noooo, it wasn't like that, it's just wrong what you are doing there!" :re:
    But the funeral and JRs/Larry Hagmans death was handeled very well, i liked those episodes a lot.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    But no-one except the diehard fans remembers that, and it sounds much juicier to say that particular line.
    And since it was just a guest appearance without any consquences I don't think it matters that much.

It's almost as if the diehard fans think backwards, that TNT DALLAS alters old DALLAS. But it can't. What happened then was real (OK, most of it), and what's happening on TNT DALLAS is really happening to the NuEwings, and till so far I haven't discovered anything that doesn't make sense, let alone that it destroyed the show. Let alone that it destroyed old Dallas.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,204
    Medals:
    But the problem here is, that it wasn't the producers intention, to throw in a witty line. If you are a good writer, you'll find ways for that without altering the past.
    They just didn't care and for a big part didn't even watch or read the summaries of the old show to gather the informations they need to be able to properly do their job.
    They just read the first line of Aftons character description "went to bed with JR" when she first appeared and said "okay, she's a bitch who caused trouble".
    Same with Swan Song, one of the most pivotal episodes, they just read "Catherine was killed in the car crash" so they assumed she must be dead for good. They just didn't care... then what's the whole point in doing a "continuation"? :lol:
    You can throw in witty lines if you're good. But if you're doing it, because you forgot to do your homework, it's just stupid.
    And of course the audience cared, they ran away in millions, episode after episode that time, the ratings went down the basement. Cidre herself admitted that they had done mistakes there. It got barely renewed for S3 and got cancelled the next year, and rightfully so. :byee:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,208
    Medals:
    The theme of episode 2.15 is "OMG!"

Wrong again. It wasn't their scam, it was Cliff's scheme to keep Pam's death a secret from the Ewings, and especially Christopher.

Christopher is still angry with Elena, and here she stands - the outsider - watching the Ewings leave.
    upload_2017-9-11_3-34-33.png
    Yes, the Ewings can be very compassionate...when it concerns their own family.
    And this short scene retroactively gets more emphasis at the end of the episode.

Two very angry daughters conspire against their evil daddies.
    upload_2017-9-11_3-43-28.png

upload_2017-9-11_3-44-35.png
    I immediately believed that Cliff had nothing to do with JR's death, that would have been too simple.
    "JR is framing me from the grave!"

He sure did, and we finally learn what his masterplan was all about.
    His murder was staged (but not 1980s-staged, when characters popped up from the grave) and had to be used as leverage, or any other way to stop Cliff Barnes from ruining the family and the Ewing empire.
    upload_2017-9-11_3-53-18.png
    This show is all about family, and far more epic than it was on old Dallas.

But Cliff has another card up his sleeve, and explains to Elena how JR had stolen the oil-rich land from her father.
    It's a sneaky way to pass on the feud to the Ramoses!
    upload_2017-9-11_3-59-12.png
    "Make the Ewings pay for the sins against your family".
    Ooh, I like it!

And while the Ewings are celebrating oh-so-smugly...
    upload_2017-9-11_4-4-18.png
    And what's that English/Spanish song playing in the background? I must have it!

upload_2017-9-11_4-5-35.png
    But some things...just never change.

This episode was *lemon* brilliant!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2