Top 10/20 Episodes

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by cijimccashin, Jun 15, 2019.

1. cijimccashin

cijimccashin Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I wanna know you guys top 10 and /or 20 episodes. They could range from the most entertaining ones, the ones that really represents the show, the ones that utilize the entire canvas, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,634
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,737
    Medals:
    I'm gonna give this a try and it's not easy since there are so many fantastic episodes to chose from.

1. Here in My arms
    Val finally gets to hold her babies at long last. The pay off after the long kidnapping plot.

2. Will the Circle be Unbroken
    Great introduction of Lilimae and Val's complicated relationship with her mother. It also sets up Lucy's visit in the next episode nicely.

3. Noises Everywhere
    Laura's departure is really, really sad. The only thing missing is the actual funeral

4. Living Dangerously
    Valene finds out about Abby and Gary's affair.

5. Critical Condition
    Sid dies on the operation table. I was shocked that he was actually killed off.

6. Just Like Old Times
    I love that Val came back and also Abby. The show actually got a happy ending. :)

7. Community spirit
    JR is planning to drill for oil in Knots Landing and is actually outsmarted by Gary and his new neighbours. It is the second episode of the show. So it still builds on the characters and adds some depths from the pilot.

8. Abby's choice
    Diana needs a kidney transplant. Abby gives her one of hers.

9. The Gift of Life
    Laura's last episode. She tells Greg that she is dying from a brain tumor. He has problems accepting it.

10. The Three sisters
    Excellent stand alone episode about the ghost house. Val's longing to be a mother is explored.

11. Home is for the Healing
    Lucy visits her parents. She should have been back more

12. The Burden of Proof

Gary is in prison for Ciji's murder. Val is also a suspect. Richard's last episode.

13. Rise and Fall

Joshua falls to his death at the end of the episode.

14. Sacred Vows
    Gary gets married to Abby. Then sees the Ciji lookalike during his honeymoon. Val has to leave Lilimae at a mental institution.

15. Love to take you Home
    Joshua's father shows up and has some meaningful scenes with Lilimae. You can see the older couple/younger couple dynamics with the parents and then Joshua/Cathy.

16. Out of the past
    Gary goes after Val to Tennessee and tries to talk some sense into her. She remembers something. But she remains Verna.

17. Only Just Begun
    The twins finally learns that Gary is their father. Paige agrees to marry Tom.

18. Holiday on Ice
    Really cute Christams episode. All shows should have at least one.

19. Bottom of the bottle
    Gary's alcoholism rears it's ugly face after he is promoted at work

20. No Miracle Worker
    Olivia hits rock bottom with her drug problem. Abby keeps her locked into her room with her.

21. Encounters
    Gary finds Ciji. Val and Gary's confrontation in the garage. The first episode I ever saw.

22. Until Parted by Death
    Val and Ben gets married. Joshua and Cathy's marriage is falling apart.

23. Cement the relationship
    Abby thinks Olivia has killed Peter and buries the body on the Lotus Point new playground. Probably Knots most camp moment.

24. The Perfect Crime
    Jill threatens Val with a gun and tries to force pills down her throat.

25. My Kingdom for a horse
    Nick and Anne got up to some hilarious stuff. Them trying to steal Greg's race horse was memorable and funny.

Okay so I ended up with 25 episodes instead of 20 but there you go. :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. cijimccashin

cijimccashin Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Thanks so much for your reply I greatly appreciate it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,737
    Medals:
    You're welcome. I wish more people would join in with their lists. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +656
    I'm currently late in Season 2 on my marathon right now. The real standouts so far are the Bottom of the Bottle 2-parter (a true classic), and the one with Val's cancer. The latter is even better than I remembered. Val was so incredibly strong in keeping herself together and staying positive once she heard that she had cancer, keeping herself together for Gary, who later fell apart anyway in trashing the house and was struggling to stop himself from running away fast. Val was relieved to be able to lean on Bobby's strength once Bobby showed up and she was able to show her fear to Bobby that she daren't show Gary. It's a small victory for Gary too though, as he didn't run away. The chemistry between Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark is quite brilliant. Abby's masterplan to get Gary to fall for her is already in its early stages. And Val is Abby's best friend in Knots Landing, of course.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +656
    Regarding Sid's death. The whole literal cliffhanger to Season 2 with his car going over the cliff was the plan all along, as well as the scenes in the hospital, but Sid's operation was supposed to be a success and he'd recover. Don Murray wanted to leave Knots Landing, and suggested that instead of having Sid recover, have him die, suggesting that it would be powerful for the viewers. Putting Don Murray's name in the new credits in the first 2 episodes of Season 3 was a good ploy as well, making even the cynics believe that Sid would recover.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,737
    Medals:
    I considered putting that episode on my list since it's really good and deserves the recognition. :)
    But in the end I decided to go with episodes from more of the seasons instead. Over all Knots had a very strong run and many great episodes to chose from so it's hard to single out just 10-20 or in my case 25 episodes!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,922
    Medals:
    I couldn't even to be honest.

The actual Pilot is firmly in my top 20, but all other episodes between 1-10 would be up for discussion and I'm messy.

10. Jimmy Todd

Jimmy Todd Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +258
    It's hard to narrow it down to 20 because there were so many good ones, but here's mine:
    1. The Loudest Word. Ted Shackleford and Joan Van Ark were so good.
    2. Choices-Abby's cunning is on full display.
    3.Critical Condition- Sid's death and the Fairgate's reactiom to it was handled so well.
    4.Living Dangerously-The Val-Gary-Abby triangle, a great slow burn, comes to a head.
    5.Daniel- JR has a really fun guest appearance.
    6.New Beginnings- Gary goes to the reading of Jock's will and there's some great layers to Gary's relationships with Val and Abby on display. Another meeting between Valene and JR, which I always love.
    7.Loss of Innocence- Ciji's body washes up on the beach. The best part is it's not even the last episode of the season.

8. Nowhere to Run- Claudia Lonow was so good in this episode. The Chip plot was still going on, but it didn't feel overdrawn, thanks to the acting and writing.
    9. One Kind of Justice- Lilimar runs down Chip! Never saw that coming.
    10.Sacred Vows-Gary weds Abby, with Laura in attendance. He then sees Cathy for the first time. TS's expression is priceless.
    11. The Long and Winding Road. Abby brings Val to her babies and all the principal players converge in front of the Fisher's house. Best season finale out of all the soaps, imho.
    12. Here in My Arms.- Val gets her babies back!
    13. Phoenix Rises- Abby proves there's no one like her. After being blackmailed for her involvement in the twins' kidnapping by Peter, Greg, and Olivia, she grabs the bull by the horns and takes control over the situation.
    14.No Miracle Worker- Abby gives Olivia some tough live in response to Olivia's drug problem. Nice work by both actresses.
    15.Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate- Paige at her meanest, imho, Abby given another assignment from the gods of shrewd duplicity.
    16.Lest the Truth Be Known.- Mack discovers Laura is working for Apolune. The Wolfbridge plot was so well paced in season 5.
    17.The Gift of Life. Constance McCashin and William Devane at their best
    18. Noises Everywhere- Great ensemble work and John Pleshette is back!
    19.The Perfect Alibi- Jill sets her scheme in motion, and I was enthralled.
    20. The Perfect Crime- Jill attacks Val
    I remember their scene ran extra long without any commercials. So exciting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mustard

Mustard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +656
    Abby's seduction of Gary over the long haul in Season 3 is quite masterful, making her presence felt in Gary's mind way beyond just the physical sex appeal. I struggle to think of a better seduction in any other show than Abby seducing Gary. Gary's mind was a mess towards the end of the season after he slept with Abby, completely torn by the excitement that Abby gave him and the security that Val gave him. First Gary felt guilty for cheating on Val, then it was like "I feel no guilt at all", and then Gary had a good moment with Val and tried to call it off with Abby, but felt weaker than ever after doing so as Abby just took it in her stride, knowing that Gary would crack and go back to her. Val leaves Gary at the end of the season, and he's both heartbroken and terrified that she'll leave him behind completely. They don't do love triangles as good as this one anymore.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 12:07 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1