Top FC episode?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    Medals:
    There as been a discussion about cliffhangers and favourite seasons, in Soap Chat's renewed dedication to FALCON CREST but not about your favourite episode, off the top of my head. So with this in mind do you have a particular one, which was class for you? I'm probably in the minority here but I liked 'Stormy Weather' from season 7.

While I appreciated the episodes of the early seasons much more I feel 'Stormy Weather' was an eye opening episode, in terms of the remaining core cast all together at FC. There is something about all the characters in one spot, compelling if you like. IMHO each of them performed extremely well. Anyone for Chess?

Angela has a heart to heart with her close friend Fr. Bob Curtis, about the revelation that her nemesis Richard is in fact her son and declares, (a scene from season 7, 1987 - '88):

"How can I love the baby I lost and hate the man he's become?"

• Like Like x 4
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,822
    Medals:
    I wasn't sure which episode that was so I had to look it up. It's the one where all the main cast are forced to spend the night at Falcon Crest due to a storm. It was one of the great later episodes and I particularly loved the scene where Angela and Richard bond over a game of chess.

My favourite episode is Desperation, the episode from season 6 in which Richard is revealed to be Angela's son. If I had to chose one that was not a season finale, I would probably choose The Avenger from season 3, the one in which Julia dies in the Spring House fire.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,072
    Medals:
    Yeah well ... sort of. :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    Medals:
    United We Stand from December 1982 must be one of the highest ranking shows. In this episode Jacqueline tells Chase and Richard that they are brothers and that she is the mother Richard has been looking for. Talk about putting the cat among the pigeons. If I was to choose a single regular episode then I opt for this 2nd season offering.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +59
    100% in agreement! That one has always been my favourite. Before that the episode where Jacqueline was revealed as Agretti's killer. What I always liked about season 7 was the acid sarcasm in some of the dialogues and the music score by Mark Snow. The 'Stormy Weather' episode highlights that and I always loved the culture clash scenes between Angela and Carly Fixx. Too bad they didn't have composer Snow until the end.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +518
    Medals:
    Season 7 should have been the end, for the show. 8 and 9 were like different themes, with the name FALCON CREST and Jane Wyman was frail as the 1988 - 1989 season kicked off. I liked the episode Going Once Going Twice from season 4, because Julia is back with a meaty storyline, then Richard joins Chase and Angela as an equal partner in the winery and vineyards, with the promise of more twist - turns.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Medals:
    Ah there are so many to choose from. In terms of a top episode I always thought that Family Reunion in season one was a cracker, there was Angela and Jacqueline squaring up to each other as the Gioberti family settled into Jason's old home. Two vintage Hollywood divas Jane and Lana giving it there all, classic Falcon Crest.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,342
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I was recently picking up the best episodes of "Falcon Crest" for a new video (soon to be released) and this was the Top Ten list:

1- THE AVENGER

2- IN HIS FATHER´S HOUSE

3- DIVIDED WE FALL

4- CATACLYSM

5- PAIN AND PLEASURE

6- CHAIN REACTION

7- CONFESSIONS

8- MAGGIE

9- SHATTERED DREAMS

10- LAST DANCE

Do you agree with my list?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +671
    Medals:
    Aye a good enough list Toni. However I would've slotted in United We Stand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,455
    Medals:
    I would pick an episode from season 1, maybe the story about the crippled woman or Emma's miscarriage.
    I suppose I could look it up but there's a lot of crucial information missing in the episode synopses (and FalconCrest.org has the same as wiki)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Medals:
    I also liked Avenger, was this really the end for Julia? If not then how could she come back? Ya Jane Wyman and Abby Dalton each get their top acting gongs in this eppy.

• Agree Agree x 2