Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Ome, Oct 17, 2016.
Great, thanks. I would have ended up doing it the wrong way, if I hadn't asked.
Oh hi ya
Where do you start?
1. The one where she is throwing things out of the drawer and stumbles upon the gun....
2. Pulls the sheets back and sees that JR is balling Afton
3. When she is with JR and they discover Kristen had a baby
4 Where she clubs the woman in the sanitarium and takes off in the car
5. Most painful and hardest to watch: Winds of Vengeance, everyone should know which scene im talking about.
6. The one where she is with Gil Thurman and they are trying to entertain him and he drinks a whole quart of bourbon saying stuff like "The last I heard you were off to San Angelo with Clayton Farlow's boy".
So many great scenes to chose from. This won't be easy. But let's give it a try:
1. JR & Sue Ellen gets remarried again
2. Sue Ellen leaves John Ross with JR since she loves him and wants what's best for him
3. Sue Ellen teases JR until he wants her and then says he can't have her.
4. Sue Ellen cries her eyes out to Pam when the plane has gone down since she feels like she's nothing without JR.
5. JR shows Sue Ellen the Miss Texas video in Anniversary and they kiss
6. Sue Ellen is the new owner of Ewing Oil
7. Sue Ellen has lost the love of her life
8. Sue Ellen hits rock bottom in the dream season. (I don't get how Linda could not win the Emmy this year. I mean her performance in this storyarc is just superb!)
9. Sue Ellen gives JR what he doesn't like!
10. Sue Ellen teaches Cally her tricks how to make JR want a woman. Cally thinks it sounds sick.
Jesus. Where do I start??
I'm not really sure where to start here as I do have a very long relationship with this lady and idolise the very air she breathes!!! This is just a selection of some of my favourite Sue Ellen scenes:
Sue Ellen tells JR she's going to Barnes Wentworth...and he thinks she's going to see Cliff
After the car crash
One of the happiest days of my young life:
From later years, a scene which broke my heart and gave me a lot of peace at the same time:
A bit of hum-ana - hum- ana
When John Ross gets appendicitis:
Sue Ellen finds out what JR did to Clayton:
Sue Ellen tells JR about Valentines
And as a special bonus!!!
The scene at the table when JR is eating and reading the newspaper 'Oh look JR, it's the Valentine Girl'.....'She don't look trashy to me'.....'Well that was an entirely different thing' 'It was?' 'Yes it was' 'How?'
I LOVE YOU SUE ELLEN
Sorry me again. Have to mention this one:
OK I'll try and stop now. God she's stunning
Actually I have to add one more that goes to the top of the list. I love the one where she is with Gil Thurman and they are trying to entertain him and he drinks a whole quart of bourbon saying stuff like "The last I heard you were off to San Angelo with Clayton Farlow's boy". Absolutely hilarious.
Thanks Jon, I've edited your post to include this (otherwise I'm known to miss these things)
My Swellin´Top 10:
1- She and JR fight about her drinking, aka "that Winger tramp", aka "Joan of Arc would´ve been a drunk if she had married you" ("Swan Song", complete scene from beginning to end)
2- She is rejected by Cliff, aka "am I just the marbles" ("For Love or Money")
3- She decides to let John Ross live at Southfork, aka "custody is a word for trust" ("En Passant")
4- She "visits" JR´s bedroom, aka "JR Ewing Stud Service" ("Oil Barons´ Ball")
5- Sue Ellen´s Verna Ellers-like Monologue, aka "You are despicable!" ("Rock Bottom")
6- She leaves Dusty for his own good (the first time), aka "I´d never think (about your impotence, Dusty darling)" ("Lover Come Back")
7- She drinks champagne when shopping with Pam, aka "gonna spend all the Ewing money I can" ("The Road Back")
8- She gives the Mandy tramp an "advice for the beech at heart", aka "Why is she the mistress?" ("Close Encounters")
9- She tells JR they´ll have separate lives, aka "I already paid for this" ("The Long Goodbye")
10- She talks to Pam about the Holly tramp, aka "I´m the biggest masochist of Dallas" ("Ewing Inferno")
The one where Sue Ellen admits that Mandy was different and beautiful and special:
1. Sue Ellen throws a bottle at JR and it smashes against the wall by the stairs.
2. Drunk Sue Ellen excepts a drink from a wino on the street.
3. Sue Ellen tears up Mandy's contract saying "cutting you off, you viper!"
4. Sue Ellen finds JR in bed with Holly Harwood.
5. Dusty telling Sue Ellen of the night with his new wife when he discovered he could get it up again. Sue Ellen cuts him off mid sentence, angrily snapping "Lucky Linda" and argues with him.
6. Being made to sing "People" in her swimsuit while held hostage at Southfork
7. JR and Dusty fight over Sue Ellen in the drying out unit and she jumps up between them screaming.
8. Sue Ellen pulls back the bed covers to reveal the sheets were messed up by Afton and JR.
9. Drunk Sue Ellen looking at her reflection in the mirror saying "You're disgusting".
10. During a session with Dr Elby, Sue Ellen realises she didn't shoot JR.
The curse of autocorrect. My number 2 choice should read:
2. Drunk Sue Ellen accepts a drink from a wino on the street.
top 10 Sue Ellen
S8 en passant, the scene at the end where she decides that John Ross can stay on SF with his father, it was one of the few times she put others first and it was a selfless act, a changed Sue Ellen
s1 for love of money, when Cliff tells her why she cant be with him and giving up all that went with being a Ewing
s7 swan song Joan of arc would have been a drunk if she had been married to you
s1 act of love with JR, chances are its yours scene at the end and he slaps her
s8 in bed with JR after they have been to the party - penultimate or final episode, cant remember
S2 Rodeo and meeting Dusty and talking to him at the BBQ with a jealous JR looking on
s5 Penultimate - after coming home from hospital and sobbing on Miss Ellies shoulder
s4 when she reignites her affair with Cliff, makes the phone call then spends the night
s7 with Donna relecting on life on the SF sofa
s11 JR has just married the dreadful Cally and she says you were quicker than usual and pops the balloon
I almost put that on my list. It's just hilarious.
Separate names with a comma.