Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Ome, Oct 17, 2016.
Apologies if I somehow missed any of these that were done:
Favorite pool incidents (has this really not been done???)
Favorite fights (I suppose those that didn't end up with people in the pool Although those two could be combined)
Favorite slaps (were there enough?)
A few more:
- Favorite love professionals...
- Favorite (closeted but) obviously gay characters...
- Favorite scene with Mandy posing as a X-star...
- Favorite scene with Afton singing "Steal Me Away"...
- Favorite Pam´s parasite girlfriend...
Approximately how much longer is the break until another list gets started again?
From what I've seen, my favorite suggestions are:
1. Favorite JR cons
2. Least realistic storylines
3. Favorite JR put downs
4. Variations of storylines they did too often such as JR and Sue Ellen breaking up and then reconciling, Donna arguing with Ray anytime he tried something new where she'd say "What happened to the cowboy I married" while Donna started a new career anytime she felt like it, etc.
5. Favorite OMG moments
Another suggestion: Favourite Dallas clichés, e.g. Pam wearing a white dress, Sue Ellen getting drunk, Donna saying "It works both ways, cowboy", Pam slapping someone, Dallas characters remarrying their ex-partners.
Lol @Toni I laughed at the favourite steal ne away scene. Who is Pam's parasite girlfriend??
I like the least realistic storylines idea. Haha that'd be a long list starting with a head switch from 1984-1985 season onwards
Well she had a few: mostly dear ol´ Jackie, who seemed to stalk her in search of a better job! (Or was it the other way?). Liz Craig also bitched about her once in awhile though she stayed at The Store aka The Store. And well, what about Afton and Mandy? They had a lot of free meals thanks to their relationships with Cliff. In her last years, there was Jamie (aka the cousin who died twice!), though she undoubtedly had a crush on dear Sue Ellen and preferred her...And speaking of Sue Ellen, remember their trip to Hong Kong...? Hope you got an idea!!
Thank you for all your suggestions. I will put them all together and we will start again on Saturday
Could this be extended to any pool scene?
Yes, that's a great idea because there were a few good scenes at the pool at Pam's mansion and at Marilee Stone's pool with Cliff.
1- Favorite first sex encounters.
2- Favorite slappings (male and female).
3- Favorite sex scenes out of a bed.
4- Favorite jeans-wearing characters.
5- Favorite Emmy-worthy scenes by BBG.
6- Favorite nods to other supersoaps.
7- Favorite (successful or not) suicide scenes.
8- Favorite creepy characters.
9- Favorite Dynastified characters.
10- Favorite marriage proposals.
Staring back up again our next mission is to list your
Favourite ending to an individual episode that is not an end of season cliffhanger.
Please give the name of the episode title that ends with one of your favourites, otherwise it will be very difficult to list the final results. If you have time, jot down a few small notes on what you loved about the ending you chose.
Thanks to @Angela Channing for this week's suggestion
Remember this does not include the season finale cliff-hangers.
Totals next weekend
So Dallas Duff-Duffs, then?
Not trying to be too spams-twin-sister but you can also get a little help for this poll if you take a look at the freeze frames pages of my site. It´s not complete but you can guess the episode title by clicking on the pic with the right button and choose "save as". Not necessary to save the pic, of course, but you´ll be able to read at least the first word of the eppi title. Hope you find it useful. Here are the links:
Note: I corrected the first link, now it does lead to the first 4 seasons´ freeze frames.
1. Pam slaps Gerald Kane after he tells her JR was behind the her wild goose chase looking for Mark in the Caribbean. BAIL OUT
2. Pam walks away crying after Bobby tells her he wants a divorce. THE LETTER
3. Sue Ellen takes a swig out of the liquor bottle of a wino in the street. ROCK BOTTOM
4. JR picks up John Ross for the first time. PATERNITY SUIT
5. Miss Ellie takes down Jock's painting. SHADOWS
6. Angelica kills Nicholas with her hair pin, wipes it clean and then replaces it in her hair. NOTHING'S EVER PERFECT
7. JR tells Jock's portrait "finally it's all mine" after Pam decides to sell him Christopher's share. JUST DESSERTS
8. Peter cries when Sue Ellen tell him she doesn't want to see him again. WHEN THE BOUGH BREAKS
9. Pam tell JR at the Oil Baron's Ball that she isn't selling Christopher's Ewing Oil shares and will "see [him] in the office, partner". THE WIND OF CHANGE
10. Sue Ellen sees JR shagging Holly in her bed. TANGLED WEB
To be totally honest to me and to the others participants in this poll, I´m going to vote for the freeze frames that only showed the pretty lady below. Because I really really think the show was much better when it ended with her (laugh-cry or not):
1- "The Letter" (s6) (co-starring Bobby in the background)
2- "Sue Ellen´s Sister" (s1)
3- "Oil Barons´ Ball III" (s7)
4- "My Brother´s Keeper" (s6)
5- "Crash of ´83" (s5)
6- "Battle Lines" (s7)
7- "Requiem" (s5)
8- "The Long Goodbye" (s6)
9- "Love Stories" (s6)
10- "Fools Rush In" (s6)
I always wished they had ended one of the seasons with her instead of J.R.´s or Bobby´s...but no, they preferred to have her car roasted in that horrific car accident...
Oh yeah, Mr. Katzman, we do know it was
a big FU to VP for not wanting to renew,
and you said: "Let´s burn her memory to pieces
so people will never know who she played..."
1. JR picks up John Ross for the first time. Paternity Suit.
2. JR & Sue Ellen kiss for the first time since the divorce watching a tape of the Miss Texas pageant. Anniversary.
3. JR destroys Dusty after learning in court that he's impotent. The Split.
4. Jock gets out of the hospital after his heart attack with the whole family behind him. Bypass.
5. JR watches on TV the Asian oïl wells have been nationalized but he's already sold most of them to his 'friends'. The Wheeler Dealer.
6. JR vows to destroy Bobby after he finally buys a refinery for Ewing Oil. Taste of Success.
7. Sue Ellen catches JR in bed with Holly. Tangled Web.
8. JR tried & failed to steal John Ross from Sue Ellen. Gone, but not Forgotten.
9. Sue Ellen lost the baby, but who was the daddy? JR or Peter? Where is Poppa?
10. JR & Bobby toasting each oter & preaparing to do battle for Ewing Oil (in front of Jock's iconic portrait). Jock's Will.
Separate names with a comma.