Dallas Top Ten Top Ten

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Ome, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    6. "JR not marrying Mandy" - This made no sense. JR was happy with Mandy and chronically unhappy with Sue Ellen for years.

7. "Bobby selling Ewing Oil" - as much as Bobby loved and respected Jock Ewing, selling Ewing Oil would have been considered an absolute betrayal of his father and remember that Jock stated "Ewing Oil must never be owned by anyone other than a Ewing." For Bobby to sell Ewing Oil to a non-Ewing while knowing this amounted to treason.

8. "Leslie Stewart" - what an obnoxious, overbearing woman! She was so repugnant it makes watching the second half of season 4 near impossible. What did JR possibly see in her?

9. "JR not marrying Kimberly for control of West Star" - This was out of character for JR. He would have gone to any lengths to gain control of West Star including marring Kimberly Cryder. Then he and Sue Ellen divorced right after that anyway so he gained absolutely nothing by not marrying Kimberly and lost a lot. It was sheer stupidity to stay married to Sue Ellen when he should have been marrying Kimberly Cryder, especially considering he went on to divorce Sue Ellen anyway as soon as the opportunity to control West Star was lost.

10. "The way James was portrayed as JR’s son" - I don't think this needs to be explained.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,284
    Medals:
    [​IMG]

Such a class act. Reminds me in so many ways of Queen Elizabeth.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,607
    Medals:
    Both super rich women with dysfunctional families that know little about how ordinary people live. I can see the similarities.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,857
    Medals:
    1. Pam leaving Bobby & Christopher : so out-of-character!!!!!
    2. Cliff blowing up that rig despite that it risks his daughter’s lives and the lives of her unborn children
    3. Everything in Conundrum.
    4. PamBecca doesn’t care at all that she’s accidentally killed Tommy, make sure the body is dumped and then doesn’t get any repercussions from it.
    5. The Haleyville stroyline/ JR married to Cally...
    6. How I stopped drinking and launched the career of my husband´s mistress (Sue Ellen´s quick recovery post-dream)
    7. JR locks himself into the loony bin and can’t get out
    8. J.R surviving with absolutely no injuries after being shot 3 times by Sue Ellen.
    9. JR’s Masterpiece – I don’t buy that JR committed suicide and then planned to frame Cliff. It was all too much.
    10. James - The Son Who Came from out of the Blue (and wasn´t asked a paternity test by J.R.!)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Medals:
    So would anyone vote for an unrealistic story that they enjoyed? Or for the purposes of this poll, does "unrealistic" = "I didn't like it."

Or to put it another way, are there any stories that people thought were realistic, but they still didn't like?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,857
    Medals:
    I Liked halleyville, sue ellen sobering up and buying valentines and I Loved James and yet I included those in my votes. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Medals:
    1) JR not suffering any serious injuries after Sue Ellen shoots him point blank three times, Nicholas Pierce taking a tumble over the balcony, and Sue Ellen and JR both getting a pass from the police because it was "he said, she said" or some sort of nonsense.

2) Lucy the 4-foot fashion model.

3) Bobby not investigating or searching for Pam after she leaves him. As a side note: even dumber is Bobby's decision to not call the police after cuckoo for cocoa puffs Katherine shows up at the hospital after Pam's accident.

4) Even though she was a gold digger, Kristin sleeping with Jordan Lee, who was old enough to be her grandfather.

5) Clayton wanting to marry Sue Ellen, his son's lover, after only a few months after their break-up.

6) Sue Ellen remarrying JR after he knocked up her own sister.

7) Angelica Nero's crazy scheme involving Jack and JR

8) Hillary Taylor/Sheila Foley's stupid scheme/reason to kidnap and impersonate April Stevens.

9) Matt Cantrell and the quest for emeralds

10) Nicholas Pierce's mobster father not retaliating against JR and Sue Ellen. In real life, he would have killed JR or both of them and asked questions later.

• Like Like x 3
  8. KillerBob

KillerBob Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +45
    1. Pam leaving Bobby and Christopher.
    2. Pam disappearing from the hospital.
    3. Miss Ellie leaving Southfork for good.
    4. Every storyline portaying Mark Graison as a nice guy...
    5. Sue Ellen shooting JR and the aftermath of that.
    6. Lucy as a model.
    7. Sue Ellen blackmailing JR with her movie.
    8. JR selling his share of Ewing Oil to Cliff.
    9. Mandy's transformation from independent to wanting to do everything to get to be with JR.
    10. Bobby being Best man at the wedding of Ray and Jenna.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,641
    Again, You all chose some great terrible storylines here. I didn't really watch the last four years so I can't really say them here but they sound awful and really would be on this list more if I had. Anyhoo my ten roll eyes to the ceiling and my bang head on floor in desperation stories are

1. Bobby marrying April or even dating here after her total personality transplant and sleeping with JR. As if the real pre dream Bobby would do that?!

2. The DREAM resolution. So many great stories gone, Donna and Ray's child stories first and foremost, the wonderful Pam and Mark reunion (yet they manage to bring back Wes/Ben no problem and Pam doesn't even say 'oh he looks familiar'). Writers probably too embarrassed to script that line in

3. Pam leaving her son and husband the way she did. Totally silly crash that she would even survive that?! Jamie 'died' in a firey boom that had immediate help on hand and was far smaller, yet Pam lived crashing in the middle of nowhere

4. Bobby not mourning deeply and not trying to find her

5. Ray not staying with Donna and going out with THAT WOMAN?!?!?!

6. Matts emerald mine and how was it that he was the best friend we had never ever heard of before or since

7. Dynasty-esque Angelica and Martinique

8. JR not being at least critically injured by Sue Ellen shooting him. No mystery. No believabilty here

9. The not really any (good) story for Pam after Bobby returned apart from marrying him again (or for most of our much loved women on the show except for Miss Ellie with Wes)

10. Conundrum - how ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Victoriafan3

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,641
    Lol you guys don't buy Lucy as a model?? She's gorgeous!!! Even though I fancied Mickey, I can see Charlene is gorgeous! That hair!! She was in front of the camera, not on the catwalk. She didn't need to be tall ;-)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,607
    Medals:
    I voted for JR and Sue Ellen repeatedly being reconciled as being unrealistic but always preferred when they were together as it made for more interesting storylines. Similarly, I didn't mind the JR in the asylum plot as it was always great to see Lady Jessica on screen and the scene when JR eventually leaves is one that I voted for as being one of my top 10 favourites. However, that didn't stop me from thinking it was unrealistic that he would have allowed himself to be trapped in there for so long.

On the other side, I never liked Bobby's romance with Jenna nor Clayton's infatuation with Laurel even though I thought both storylines were credible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. KillerBob

KillerBob Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I didn't mind that storyline because of Charlene's height, I felt it was unrealistic because of the way it happened, evolved and probably because I feel Charlene was out of place in that storyline. Over all, I think Charlene didn't have that good storylines that challenged her as an actor. I really like her in the early years and especially in the story with Mickey Trotter. She was great in them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,988
    After an interesting week of deliberating between
    ‘unrealistic’ and “I don’t like where this story is going”

11 voted on 51 stories.

Here’s what happened next

[​IMG]

1. Pam leaves Bobby & Christopher = 69
    2. JR marries Cally = 47
    3. Michelle takes over Ewing Oil / JR lives, despite getting shot 3 time = 32
    4. Conundrum = 29
    5. JR & Vanessa = 23
    6. Bobby marries April = 20
    7. JR & Kimberley = 19
    8. James as JR’s son / Cliff kills daughter’s unborn babies = 18
    9. Angelica Nero = 17
    10. Wes Parmalee / Bobby not interested in finding Pam = 15
    11. Sue Ellen launches a career / Lucy as a model = 14
    12. JR in the asylum = 13
    13. Lee Ann De La Vega / Ray & Jenna / Sue Ellen produces a movie / Bobby loves emeralds = 11
    14. JR staying married to Sue Ellen = 9
    15. Ellie leaves Southfork = 8
    16. Wendell falls for set-up / Sue Ellen & Peter / Range War / PamBecca kills Tommy / Kristin sleeps with Jordan / Mark Grayson the good guy = 7
    17. Bobby & Jeanne / Lucy as a married woman / Jordan works with Sheila / Clayton wants to marry Sue Ellen = 6
    18. Miss Ellie as Marple / JR not marrying Mandy / Sue Ellen remarries JR after he slept with Kristin = 5
    19. JR repeatedly reconciling with Sue Ellen / Bobby selling Ewing Oil = 4
    20. Miss Ellie turns into a new character / Leslie Stewart / JR sells to Cliff = 3
    21. Michelle moves into Southfork / Ewings tour Europe / JR not marrying Kimberley / JR’s masterpiece / Mandy's transformation = 2
    22. Debra Lynn / Tommy McKay / Miss Ellie gets drunk / Cally finds her inner Rembrandt / Nicholas Pierce's mobster father not retaliating against JR and Sue Ellen / Bobby being Best man at the wedding of Ray and Jenna = 1

• Like Like x 5
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,988
    Up Next

Favourite Fights

[​IMG]

Brought to you by @JROG

This excludes the pool fights which will be visited later,
    therefore any fight that leads to characters in a pool won’t be counted.

Totals next weekend

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Victoriafan3

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,641
    1. Donna punches Bonnie - wahoo! Such fun!
    2. Pam slaps JR after Gerald Kane wild goose chase
    3. Pam slaps JR in 86-87 season and says 'you louse'
    4. Pam slaps Katherine (not really a fight though was it??)
    5. Dusty and ajar fight over a screaming Sue Ellen in the recovery unit
    6 (if 4 doesn't count) Pam slaps JR after he mentions her in Paris with Mark

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,857
    Medals:
    My favorite fights usually end up in the pool. So I really have to give this some thoughts.:think:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +4,741
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I´d like to know if slaps (mostly from Pam´s hand) are valid here as "fights". Personally I´d try to choose non-slap fights, maybe men-to-men, or some of those JR-Sue Ellen sex-ridden fights. Miss Piggy wants to know if her karate locks on "The Muppets" are eligible, because she "obviously" was the inspiration for the "Dallas" writers to make Pam a slapping-machine...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,988
    Yes, let's keep the two separate, I have 'Slaps' down on the list to do.

Sorry Victoriafan3, could you re-do your list without the slaps. If you're short on memories, wait a few days to see what pops up in the thread. I do that most of the time because I know there are always scenes I forget.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Here's my top 10 fights:popcorn: :

1. When they all end up in the pool at JR & Sue Ellen's second wedding.
    2. JR & Dusty, fighting over Sue Ellen, in the recovery unit.
    3. Sue Ellen throws the red wine bottle at JR.
    4. Donna puches Bonnie.
    5. Pam slaps a drunk/sniveling Sue Ellen in Survival.
    6. Pam slaps JR when he implies she has been sleeping with Mark in France.
    7. Bobby punches JR who ends up in the pool because he is the one behind Lisa trying to take Christopher.
    8. Ray tries to kill JR in Inferno.
    9. Bobby & Ray fight with some cowboys who have been flirting with a drunk Sue Ellen.
    10. Bobby, Jock & Ray's fight in the Dove Hunt.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,190
    Medals:
    fav fights

top 10

1. The Dove hunt fight - Jock, JR, Bobby and Ray in the bar and Tom Owens appears - they all fight and JR hides in the corner - wonderful
    2. S2 - Jock has to separate JR and Bbby after JR says pams cracking up - but no wonder, her fathers a drunk, her mothers a W**re etc
    3. s6 The Ewing and barnes fight at OBB after Cliff wins award and denounces Jock
    4. s6 Fight in SF kitchen after Clayton learns JR was colluding with Lady jessica
    5. S9 Clayton goes after JR in dark at the end of the tunnel following a conversation with Donna in washington about JR, and falls down staircase
    6. s5 JR and ray fight at SF and leads to SF fire
    7. s1 Bobby fights Cliff when he finds out he may be the father of Sue Ellens baby
    8. s1 Bobby, ray and kit fight in a bar - think it was over cattle rustling
    9. s9 Cliff, Pam, JR fight at end of Rodeo when cliff makes a comment about Jrs daddy (wes)
    10. s8 JR and Dusty fight over Sue Ellen in sanitarium

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2