1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Have we got news for you?

Click Here

Countdown Top UK 100 songs of the decade 2010 – 2019

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ome, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    It's not just another year over, it's another decade too and as we say goodbye to the 10s, I hope you join me as I countdown the biggest songs of the decade.

Usually, I ask which albums do you own, however, seeing how this is all about the singles released in the 10s I'm curious as to which of these songs you have no memory of. I know, as I put this together I came across a few songs and some artists that I have no recollection of and Ill share these with you when we hit them.

Also, do shout out if there are songs you had completely forgotten about or any songs that surprised you by where they finished in the countdown.

The Top 100 list, compiled by the Official Charts Company, features 55 Number 1s and 207 million chart sales, taking in physical, downloads and streaming equivalent sales. The countdown also includes 30 collaborations.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    100. Paradise – George Ezra (£1,200,000)

The song was written by Ezra and produced by Cam Blackwood.

Ezra said the song was aiming to capture "a feeling that takes over when you've fallen in love", and was dedicated to his girlfriend and the early days of their relationship. He explained that the song's lyrics were "not looking at a particular love story, but more the effect that love has on your psyche. You become a mess, but it's good. It doesn't matter what's going on around you - you're in your own little world", and described "Paradise" as the "perfect love song version" of Staying at Tamara's themes of "escaping and dreaming and taking yourself away a little bit"

Chart position – 2

End of year chart - 8

My thoughts: I would have guessed this one might have landed much higher up the chart having felt like it was a massive record of 2018

99. Timber – Pitbull ft Kesha (£1,540,000)

Released 2013

In an interview in December 2013, Pitbull said that Rihanna was originally meant to be the featured artist on "Timber", but she had already been asked to be the featured artist on Shakira's "Can't Remember to Forget You" and did not have time to record "Timber".

"Timber" is a dance-pop, EDM and folktronica song with elements of country. According to the sheet music published at Musicnotes.com by Kobalt Music Publishing, the song is set in common time with a moderately fast tempo of 130 beats per minute.

Paul Harrington, who plays the harmonica throughout the track, was initially given a flat fee of $1,000 for his services. Three years later, however, after consulting an expert on music law, Harrington was paid a further $50,000.

Chart position - 1

End of year chart - 9

My thoughts: I did not recognise this song by its title, however as soon as it started it all came back to me, I've just added it to my current Spotify playlist.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    98. Diamonds – Rihanna

Released 2012

"Diamonds" topped music charts in over twenty countries, including the United States, where it became Rihanna's twelfth number one single on the Billboard Hot 100 and tied her with Madonna and The Supremes for the fifth-most number one singles in the chart's history. "Diamonds" was certified quintuple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and sold over 3.5 million digital copies in the country. By May 2013, it had sold over 7.5 million copies worldwide and became one of the best-selling singles of all-time.

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart 2012 – 11
    End of year chart 2013 - 54

97. Can’t Feel My Face – Weeknd

Released 2015

Critics lauded "Can't Feel My Face", comparing the sound of the song to the works of Michael Jackson; Rolling Stone ranked it as the best song of 2015. It was also nominated for two Grammy Awards: Record of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. The song experienced commercial success, peaking at number one on both the US Billboard Hot 100 and the Canadian Hot 100. The single has also peaked at number one in New Zealand, Denmark, Ireland and South Africa, and was a top 10 single in other territories, such as Australia, the Netherlands, Norway and the United Kingdom

Chart position - 3
    End of year chart 2015 – 21
    End of year 2016 - 79

• Like Like x 2
  4. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,442
    Medals:
    I do like this, although I prefer the acoustic version by the writer of this song, Sia :D

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236

Oh wow! I'm on my second listen. I always liked Rihanna's version, but I think I'm going to take this s my favourite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    96. King – Years & Years

Released 2015

In an interview with Rolling Stone, frontman Olly Alexander said: "When we recorded [the song], no one felt good about it. It sounds lame! And we could never fix it. We shelved it for awhile. When we came back to it, we just took a different approach: 'Let's try to make it an Eighties dance-pop track.' And we just started out with that, cut it all up, arranged it. Used that balearic flute vibe, like a bird in the forest." Synth player Mikey Goldsworthy revealed that the backing track "[is] actually Olly's voice sampled and fucked up."

"King" was released as the album's fourth single on 27 February 2015. The song debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart, with a combined sales-streaming figure of 101,000 copies, and reached number three on the Irish Singles Chart. Alexander has stated many times that the hit song has a much darker meaning “I was going out with a guy that was kind of a douche bag, but I still really liked him,” explains Olly. “I know lots of people can relate to this. It’s a song about how it feels good to be treated badly by someone.”

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart – 11

"One of my favourite tracks of the 10s, I was hoping this might have finished much higher, top 50 at least"

95. Hold My Hand – Jess Glynne

Released 2015

The song was released on 20 March 2015 as her third solo single, following "Home" and "Right Here". A music video for the song was uploaded to Glynne's own YouTube channel on 23 February 2015. The song debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart on 29 March 2015 and held that position for three consecutive weeks. It also peaked at number seven in the Irish Singles Chart and became Glynne's first solo chart entry on the US Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number 86 on the chart. The song was performed by Glynne on the semi-finals of The Voice UK and was also used in an advertisement for Coca-Cola in 2015. Since the end of 2015, it has featured in advertising for Jet2holidays, as well as being used for various in-aircraft announcements with Jet2.com. It is featured on the original movie soundtrack for the 2016 film Bridget Jones's Baby

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart – 14

"I have no recollection of this song"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    94. The Hills – Weeknd

Released 2015

"The Hills" is a song by Canadian singer The Weeknd. It was released on May 27, 2015 as the second single from his second studio album, Beauty Behind the Madness (2015).

"The Hills" was a critical success, appearing on several year-end lists. In the singer's native Canada, the song peaked at number one. In the United States, it also reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100, replacing his own "Can't Feel My Face". The song also made the top 10 in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. It reached the top 20 in Denmark and Sweden while reaching the top 40 in The Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland. A music video for the song was released on May 27, 2015. It was directed by Grant Singer.

Chart position – 3
    End of year 2015 - 25
    End of year 2016 – 77

"Another song I don't know"

93. Do I Wanna Know – Arctic Monkeys (£1,200,000)

Released 2013

The song was first played live on 22 May 2013 in Ventura, California, at the first concert of the Arctic Monkeys' AM Tour. Throughout the tour, "Do I Wanna Know?" was being played as the opening number.

"Do I Wanna Know?" peaked at number 11 in the UK Singles Chart, charted in several other countries and was the first Arctic Monkeys song to have ever entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States, peaking at number 70 in March 2014. In December 2014, the song was nominated for a Grammy Award in the Best Rock Performance category.

Chart position – 11

• Like Like x 2
  8. Long Lashes

Long Lashes Soap Chat Enforcer EXP: 5 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +15,442
    Medals:
    I think this song is now used on a holiday commercial. I did like it when it was first released, but now it grates on me.

I've not heard this one before.

I really like Alex Turners vocals, but prefer him with THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    I'm willing to bet that I would not struggle with a top 100 songs of the 80s or 90s, whereas I'm not sure I would do well with either the 00s or 10s, I'll take a guess that I'm better with the 10s than the 00s.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    92. Don’t Let Me Down – Chainsmokers ft Daya (£1,200,000)

Released 2016

The song features the vocals of American singer Daya, and was released on February 5, 2016, through Disruptor Records and Columbia Records. The song was written by Andrew Taggart, Emily Warren and Scott Harris. It was released as the radio single follow-up to "Roses".

"Don't Let Me Down" became both the Chainsmokers' and Daya's first top-five single on the US Billboard Hot 100, peaking at number three. It also became the Chainsmokers' second consecutive top 10 entry after "Roses", which peaked at number six. It reached the top 10 in several countries, including Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. A set of remixes for the song, was released on April 15, 2016. A music video for the song was released on April 29, 2016, with appearances from the Chainsmokers and Daya.

The song won a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording.

Chart position – 2
    End of year chart - 17

"Another one that I don't remember, but it does sound familiar when I listen"

91. Cold Water – Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/Mo (£1,200,000)

Released 2016

"Cold Water" is a song recorded by American electronic dance music group Major Lazer featuring vocals from Canadian singer Justin Bieber and Danish singer MØ. The song was released on July 22, 2016. It was written by Ed Sheeran, Benjamin Levin, Karen Marie Ørsted, Thomas Pentz, Bieber, Jamie Scott, Philip "Jr. Blender" Meckseper and Henry "King Henry" Allen; the latter three also co-produced the song with Major Lazer. It became Major Lazer's third collaboration with MØ after "Lean On" and "Lost".

"Cold Water" peaked at number one on the UK Singles Chart and number two on the US Billboard Hot 100. The song also reached number one in Australia, Austria, Belgium (Wallonia), Brazil, Canada, Finland, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland; as well as the top 10 in Belgium (Flanders), Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Israel, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Mexico, Scotland, South Africa and Spain.

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart - 14

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    90. Work – Rihanna ft Drake (£1,200,000)

Released 2016

Critical response to "Work" was mixed upon release; critics praised its composition and Rihanna's decision to return to her earlier themes of dancehall music, while others were more skeptical of the song's potential as a comeback for the singer. Critical opinion improved over time; the song was included on several year-end lists and nominated for two awards at the 59th Grammy Awards: Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. The song reached number one on the United States' Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming Rihanna's fourteenth number-one single and making her the act with the fourth-most number-one songs on the chart (after The Beatles, Mariah Carey and Elvis Presley). The song remained at the top for nine weeks. The song also peaked at number one in Canada, Brazil, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the top five of the charts in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany.

Chart position – 2
    End of year chart - 9

"This one sounds very familiar, I also think @Wintry North Poleson started a thread bashing it" :lol:

If he didn't do this, then someone needs to, it's annoying me!

89. How Deep is Your Love – Calvin Harris & Disciples

Released 2015

"How Deep Is Your Love" is a song by Scottish DJ and record producer Calvin Harris and English production trio Disciples. It was released on 20 July 2015. It features uncredited vocals by Norwegian singer and songwriter Ina Wroldsen.

The single received generally positive reviews, and was commercially successful, reaching the top-ten in 22 countries, including number two on the UK Singles Chart and number one in Australia, Belgium, Greece, the Netherlands and Russia.

Chart position - 2
    End of year chart 2015 – 20
    End of year 2016 - 82

"Jeez, I'm getting worse, yet another one I don't know or remember"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +24,340
    Medals:
    I sure did! And that's why it's the only song from this list that I recognize :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    LOL. I wonder if any of your 'best of 2019 songs' will appear in this countdown :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    88. Let it Go – Idina Menzel

Released 2013

"Let It Go" reached the top five on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and won both the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 2014 and the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media in 2015. The song gained international recognition, becoming one of the most globally recorded Disney songs, with numerous covers being recorded in different languages.

According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, "Let It Go" sold 10.9 million copies in 2014, becoming the year's fifth best-selling song

Chart position – 11
    End of year chart - 10

87. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey

Released in 1981

"Don't Stop Believin'" is a song by American rock band Journey, originally released as the second single from their seventh album Escape (1981). It became a number 9 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 on its original release after entering the chart at position 56 on 31st October 1981. In the United Kingdom, the song was not a Top 40 hit on its original release; however, it reached number 6 in 2009.

Mike DeGagne of AllMusic has described "Don't Stop Believin'" as a "perfect rock song" and an "anthem", featuring "one of the best opening keyboard riffs in rock." It is the best-selling digital track from the 20th century with over 7 million copies sold in the United States

The song was released in the United Kingdom in December 1981 and peaked only at number 62. "Don't Stop Believin'", never re-released in the UK, retained a cult following and re-entered the UK Singles Chart in February 2009 at number 94, due to digital downloads. On November 1, 2009, following a performance on The X Factor, "Don't Stop Believin'" re-entered the chart at number 52, and it rose to number 19 a week later. The song stayed in the charts for three weeks, before dropping out of the top 40. On December 20 that year, "Don't Stop Believin'" re-entered the chart at number 9 after the song was performed again on The X Factor. The song remained in the top 10 for another seven weeks in 2010, hitting a peak of number 6 in the process.

In early 2010, it was announced that the song had been the 65th best-selling single of 2009. "Don't Stop Believin'" spent a total of 21 non-consecutive weeks in the top 40 during its November 2009 – April 2010 run. "Don't Stop Believin'" was the 25th best-selling track of 2010, selling just over 435,000 copies. It re-entered the charts in 2011, 2012 and 2013 and to date has spent 95 weeks in the top 100.

In September 2014, the Official Charts Company listed the song as having sold a million copies in the UK

Chart position – 6
    End of year - 22

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    86. Shout Out to My Ex – Little Mix

Released 2016

The song debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart, achieving 95,000 combined sales to give the band the fourth UK number one of their careers, following "Cannonball" in 2011, "Wings" in 2012 and "Black Magic" in 2015. "Shout Out to My Ex" was also the first UK number one single of 2016 with a female lead, as the three women with number one singles earlier in the year, Kyla, MØ and Halsey, were all featured artists. It stayed at number one the following week, making it Little Mix's second song (after "Black Magic") to spend multiple weeks at number 1. It was also certified silver by the BPI for selling over 200,000 copies in its second week. It spent a third week before being replaced by "Rockabye" by Clean Bandit.

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart 2016 – 39
    End of year chart 2017 - 74

85. We Are Young – fun.

Released 2011

In the United Kingdom, the song climbed to number one on the UK Singles Chart on May 27, 2012 ― for the week ending date June 2, 2012 ― after floating around the top ten of the chart for several weeks. In November 2012, it made a re-entry to number thirteen. At the time, the song had sold 986,000 copies there, becoming Britain's third biggest-selling single of 2012. Since then, the Official Charts Company have confirmed that "We Are Young" has now sold over one million copies in the United Kingdom, becoming only the 128th single to do so in the 60-year history of the UK Singles Chart.

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart - 3

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    84. Ghost – Ella Henderson (£1,560,000)

Released 2014

"Ghost" is the debut single by British singer and songwriter Ella Henderson. It was released on 8 June 2014 as the lead single from her debut studio album, Chapter One (2014). Henderson co-wrote the song with Kenan Williams and its producers, Ryan Tedder and Noel Zancanella.

The music video was filmed in New Orleans, Louisiana in March 2014. The song entered at number one on the UK Singles Chart, as well as in the Republic of Ireland. It has also peaked within the top ten of the charts in Australia, Belgium, Germany, Hungary and New Zealand. Since its release, it has sold over 1.2 million copies in the UK and in excess of one million in the US. It was also the sixth best-selling single of 2014 in the UK. It served as the main song in the romantic comedy My Dead Tinder Match. As of 2019 Ghost has hit over 93 million views on YouTube.

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart - 6

83. Sing – Ed Sheeran

Released 2014

It was written by Sheeran and Pharrell Williams, who also produced it and provided background vocals. The song was released on 7 April 2014, serving as the lead single from Sheeran's second studio album, × (2014). The song became Sheeran's first UK number-one single and also topped the charts in Australia, New Zealand and Ireland. It also peaked at No. 13 on the US Billboard Hot 100.

The song debuted at No. 1 on the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart, giving him his first ever number-one singles in both the United Kingdom and Ireland. The song has sold 670,000 copies in actual sales in the United Kingdom, which together with 66 million in streams give a combine total units of 1,339,000

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart - 11

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    82. One Last Time – Ariana Grande (£1,500,000)

Released 2015

"One Last Time" is a song recorded by American singer Ariana Grande for her second studio album My Everything. It was written by David Guetta, Savan Kotecha, Giorgio Tuinfort, Rami Yacoub, and Carl Falk.

In the United Kingdom, "One Last Time" originally peaked at number 24 on the UK Singles Chart in early 2015, marking Grande's fourth top-forty single in the country, following number one singles "Problem" and "Bang Bang" as well as top-twenty single "Break Free". It was later certified gold by the BPI for reaching 400,000 sales+streaming figures. In the wake of the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing, a resurgence of popularity and meaning for the single came as a homage to the victims of the event. Fans had started a petition to get the song to the top of the charts. The song re-entered strongly on the record charts across several nations including the UK, where it subsequently rose to a new peak of number two on the UK Singles Chart following the One Love Manchester benefit concert, as well as a new chart peak of number sixteen in Ireland, which was topped the week after by a chart move to number fifteen. It was certified platinum soon after, on June 9, 2017, by the BPI for selling over 600,000 copies, and then double platinum on February 23, 2018 for shipments of over 1.2 million copies in the country, her first single to do so. In Scotland, "One Last Time" also re-entered following the incident, and eventually topped the Scottish Singles chart on the issue dated June 9, 2017

Chart position 2015 – 24
    Chart position 2017 – 2

End of year chart 2015 – 97
    End of year chart 2017 - 38

81. Don’t You Worry Child – Swedish House Mafia/Martin

Released – 2012

"Don't You Worry Child" is the sixth single released by Swedish house music supergroup Swedish House Mafia. It is the last single from their second studio album, Until Now, featuring vocals from Swedish singer John Martin. In the United States, it is the act's second number-one single on Billboard's Dance/Mix Show Airplay chart, following "Save the World". It received a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording in the 2013 Grammy Awards, as did its predecessor, "Save the World", the previous year.

In the United Kingdom, "Don't You Worry Child" made its debut at number one with first week sales of 135,000 copies. It sold 632,000 copies in the United Kingdom in 2012, the 13th best-selling single of that year.

In the United States, the song became Swedish House Mafia's biggest hit, peaking at number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it their first and only top ten single. The song has sold over 3 million copies in the United States as of March 2014, and over 5.5 million copies worldwide.

Chart position – 1
    End of year chart 2012 – 13
    End of year chart 2013 - 58

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    80. Starboy – Weeknd ft Daft Punk

Released 2016

"Starboy" topped the charts in countries such as Canada, France, Netherlands, New Zealand and Sweden, as well as the US Billboard Hot 100, where it became The Weeknd's third chart-topper, and Daft Punk's first chart-topper. The music video for the song was directed by frequent collaborator Grant Singer, who directed The Weeknd's previous music videos for "Can't Feel My Face" and "The Hills". In the music video, The Weeknd is shown trying to destroy evidence of his previous self, including his own awards from his past album, Beauty Behind the Madness. The video has been described as The Weeknd's attempt to murder his former personality.

Chart position – 2

End of year chart 2016 – 34
    End of year chart 2017 - 59

79. A Thousand Years – Christina Perry (£1,200,000)

Released 2011

"A Thousand Years" is a song recorded by American singer and songwriter Christina Perri, and written by Perri and David Hodges, from the album The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2011), becoming a sleeper hit. The song was released as a digital download on October 18, 2011, worldwide, and serves as the second single from the album. Perri re-recorded the song with vocals from Steve Kazee for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack titled A Thousand Years, Pt. 2.

In the United Kingdom, the song reached number 32 on its original release in 2011. The following year, after the release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, it peaked at number 13. In 2013, after it was performed on The X Factor (UK), it reached a new peak of 11

Chart position – 11

End of year chart 57

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    78. Wonderwall – Oasis

Released 1995

Here is a shocker, I doubt anyone would have predicted this song to appear in this countdown.

The song was released as the fourth single from the album in October 1995. "Wonderwall" topped the charts in Australia and New Zealand. The song reached the top ten on another ten charts, including Canada and the United States at number 5 and 8, respectively, as well as number two on both the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart. The single was certified quadruple platinum by the British Phonographic Industry and certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.

It remains one of the band's most popular songs; on 9 June 2013, it was voted number one on Australian alternative music radio station Triple J's "20 Years of the Hottest 100". Many notable artists have also covered the song, such as rock singer Ryan Adams in 2003, folk singer Cat Power and jazz musician Brad Mehldau in 2008

77. All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey (£2,210,000)

Released 1994

And yet a song released before WONDERWALL charts and all of a sudden it's not a shocker!

In the United Kingdom, the song entered the UK Singles Chart at number 5 during the week of December 10, 1994. The following week, the song peaked at number 2, staying there for the final three weeks of December (held out of the coveted "Christmas No. 1" honor by East 17's "Stay Another Day"). As of January 27, 2017, it had spent seventy-eight weeks on the UK Singles Chart. As of December 19, 2013, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" has sold one million copies in the UK. On December 13, 2019, it was certified quadruple platinum by the British Phonographic Industry for shipment of 2.4 million units (including streams) and remains Carey's best-selling single in the UK. In 2010, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" was named the No. 1 holiday song of the decade in the United Kingdom. The song peaked at number 2 in the United Kingdom for a second time in December 2017 due to strong downloads and streaming. It made number 2 for the third time in 2018.

Chart position - 2

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +20,236
    76. Shake it Off – Taylor Swift

Released 2014

In the United Kingdom, "Shake It Off" became Swift's sixth top 10 when the song debuted at number four on August 30, 2014. After nine weeks on the chart, "Shake It Off" reached number two, tying with "Love Story" and "I Knew You Were Trouble" as her highest-charting single in the country at the time; it is also the highest-charting single from 1989. It sold 570,000 copies in the UK by November 20, 2014, and it became the eleventh best-selling song of 2014 in the UK. As of September 2017, it has sold 962,000 copies in the country.

Chart position – 2

End of year chart – 14

75. Old Town Road – Lil Nas X

Released 2019

The first official remix of "Old Town Road", featuring American country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, was released on April 5, 2019 by Columbia Records. The remix was recorded in support of "Old Town Road" being recognized as a country song. A limited edition 7-inch vinyl single was made available for purchase on May 1, 2019, featuring the remix on the A-side and the original on the B-side. The remix was eventually included alongside the original on Lil Nas X's debut EP, 7. The music video for the remix was released on May 17, 2019. It has guest appearances from Chris Rock, Haha Davis, Rico Nasty, Diplo, Jozzy, Young Kio, and Vince Staples.

On March 29, 2019, Lil Nas X danced to "Old Town Road" with the Atlanta Hawks cheerleaders during a basketball game at State Farm Arena. On April 29, 2019, Lil Nas X and Cyrus performed the live debut of "Old Town Road" as part of Diplo's set at the Stagecoach Festival. On June 24, 2019, Lil Nas X and Cyrus performed the song together on a saloon-themed stage for the 2019 BET Awards.

Chart position - 1

• Like Like x 3