Trump has retweeted far right videos from Britain First

Discussion in 'UK Politics' started by Mel O'Drama, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,911
    Complete ignorance has never stopped him from bursting forth before, I suppose, so it's probably not too surprising. Leave it to Trump to think it's remotely acceptable to promote this evil group to 40,000,000 people.

Brendan Cox has condemned it. This must have been absolutely devastating for him and his young children who have lost their wife and mother through people attaching themselves to the rhetoric of this hateful group.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...nti-muslim-videos-of-british-far-right-leader

2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,198
    Trump is a total disgrace. Britain First as a nasty, extremist, racist group who stir up hate in our country. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has condemned the retweets as being "abhorrent, dangerous and a threat to our society" but so far our useless Prime Minister and her equally useless government have refused to criticise Trump's actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,911
  4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,198
    I'm pleased she has finally said something on the issue although it was quite a weak response.

Has she raised the issue with the White House? Has the Foreign Secretary spoken to US Ambassador about it? Has she asked Trump to remove the tweets? Has she told him the woman whose tweets he spread to a wider audience has been charged with hate crimes in UK? Has Theresa May explained to Trump what damage he is doing?

All this useless and weak Prime Minister is willing to do is say it was wrong to retweet them. I'm sorry but her response is totally inadequate.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017