Trump, Oligarchs, And The Rehabilitation Of War Criminals

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by BD Calhoun, Mar 18, 2018.

1. BD Calhoun

BD Calhoun Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Oddly enough, Bernie Sanders has found himself in a similar position on Twitter. He said "It’s not good enough to just be against Trump. We have to have a vision for this country of where we’re going to go." Hmm, that's basically the gist of what I've been trying to say. But like the members of Soapchat, actress Patricia Arquette isn't having it. She said Bernie "needs to be far more aggressive about Trump. He wasn't during election & this kind of tweet ain't helping that flaw." Someone said she was being too hard on Sanders, to which she replied "I want to vote for someone I can follow and I can only follow someone who throws everything at getting rid of a fascist." Sounds like she hasn't been paying attention either.

But that's the thing; when you focus more on trying to reform your own side in order to beat Trump, they accuse you of not doing enough to combat him. The investigation is on-going, so how much harder do people need to oppose Trump? Bernie campaigned for Hillary, has used his position in the Senate to condemn Trump's budget, his tax cuts, his healthcare plan, the increases to our military budget, and has used Trump's own promises to protect Social Security and Medicare against him. Dems like to remind people that Bernie's not a "real" Democrat, even though he votes against Trump's policies. He is resisting Trump in the best way possible, while trying to instill progressive values back into the Democratic Party.

And yet people still accuse him of not being anti-Trump enough, while giving Congressional Democrats who've voted with Trump a pass. Unbelievable.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. BD Calhoun

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Here's more proof of the Dem establishment's embrace of war criminals. But I'm sure people will continue to twist that into me ranting about Hillary and propping up Trump.

3. BD Calhoun

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    I didn't catch this initially, but you're both wrong. If you're going to quote me, at least get it right. I said "As much as I hate Donald Trump, I've often wondered why he was singled out." What I meant by that is we had an opportunity to go after war criminals and the people who crashed the economy, but Obama and the Dems ultimately let them go. So now we have Trump in office who is appointing torturers and war criminals to his administration, along with members of Goldman Sachs. So yes, my scathing commentary about the Democrats is precisely because I hate Trump. If I didn't, I wouldn't care that they too were cozy with the banks and war criminals, while the Clintons enriched themselves by doing business with Russian oligarchs. If I hate the left for doing these things, than it should stand to reason I hate the right for it too. Only I expect more from the left because they're supposed to be above such overt corruption. Unfortunately, they've shown their disregard for the primary process and their love for their donors and the military industrial complex.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  4. BD Calhoun

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    To my passive aggressive troll who expects our agreement to be one sided, yet trolls my threads with his likes:

5. BD Calhoun

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    "The idea that opposition to Trump is such a defining moral question it excuses explicitly joining forces with neocons, torturers and war criminals - people who would be in a cell in the Hague if the US weren't exempt from war crimes - is, to my mind, misguided, to put it mildly." - Glenn Greenwald

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)