Trust [FX Series]

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Gabriel Maxwell, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,631
    I've been looking forward to seeing the first glimpse of this series ever since it was announced. We finally have a trailer and premiere date (March 25). The original trailer on the FX channel won't play in all territories, so I found an alternative video link.

Donald Sutherland, Hillary Swank and Brandon Fraser star in FX's rather lavish production of TRUST, a wild 10-episode saga focusing on the 1973 kidnapping of oil empire hair John Paul Getty III (played by a cute English actor Harris Dickinson).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +322
    Thank you very much for posting this! This is the first time I'm actually hearing about the show! But damn it, it looks amazing. Count me in!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,631
    What a bunch of reprehensible characters. There's no one to root for. But I'm fascinated by the twisted ways of the House of Getty. I'm also feasting on visuals. If FX can do it with their miniscule audiences in 2018, why couldn't have ABC done it with Dirty Sexy Money in 2007? Cable vs. broadcast, I suppose. I'm drawing the parallels of course because of Donald Sutherland. His Getty patriarch with his 4 girlfriends is a despicable Tripp Darling on steroids. And I love it. Episode 2 is tonight.

[​IMG]

4. KayLloyd

KayLloyd Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +431
    Gave the first 2 episodes a chance and have no interest in continuing to watch the show. No likeable characters and way too much of Papa Geddy's encounters with his mistresses. Don't consider it an entertaining show to watch.