TV shows/series that ended disappointing.

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Maryann, Jun 5, 2017.

1. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +888
    Dallas is still the finale that really angers me...well...the final 2 seasons really anger me to be honest but Conundrum is truly dreadful in every sense of the word.

The ending of Lost was OK, it was the magical maguffin they threw in 3 episodes from the end that really pi**ed me off because it was never seen or mentioned or found in all 5 previous seasons and had such a huge impact on the ending. Overall it was OK but I still think writers made up the show as they went along. That said, in the very first episode there is a massive spoiler of what's to come with the game of chess.

PRISONER CELL BLOCK H - They really needed Bea Smith to return just as the freak gets locked up, it would have been such a brilliant pay off.

GAME OF THRONES can now be added to the list - shockingly bad final season with moments of brilliance but overall lackluster and not true to the characters that loyal viewers have followed for so long. It was a lazy way to end the show.

2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,272
    duplicate--please delete

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,272
    Lost is the end-all/be-all of lousy finales. Even though there are some people who loved it (everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions :D), later even Cuse took to interviews to claim that his new show, Colony, was actually planned ahead with a pay-off, and not like Lost. But of course nobody bought it, and USA cancelled the show.

What was on screen was proof enough, but there is also this
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...st-made-it-up-as-they-went-along-9977472.html

But Lost had gone astray quite some time before the ending--in fact for the last two years. The show that did a completely 180 on the last episode was, as @Toni mentioned, Sex and the City. Frankly I did not have a problem with Samantha ending up with Jarrod or Miranda with Steve. And narcissistic Carrie did not deserve better than egotistical Big. But a show that had been all about how women can have alternate life journeys other than the traditional romance narrative ended up with all four of them paired up in a permanent relationship and three of them married or engaged.

Regarding Game of Thrones, there is a campaign out there to re-shoot the final season, but I think what is out there is not bad. It is just not enough. What needs to happen is someone to shoot additional scenes between what was aired to make the transitions smooth and plausible.

Moonlighting, again mentioned already by @Toni , was similar to Lost: it had gone astray long before it ended.

Dynasty
    , on the other hand, has two endings: the series ending I thought was great. A cliffhanger with perils born out of continuous plots (save the balcony dive) in typical Dynasty melodrama. Such is life in Denver. But the Reunion ending was awful, saccharine and nonsensical (the Carringtons watching videos of previous episodes of the show, effectively).

As for TNT Dallas and killing off a major character, I did not expect anything else from Cidre than a big f@ck off to the fans of the original.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,130
    Medals:
    I honestly can't remember a series ending that I really hated.
    I didn't really enjoy the Sense8 movie that was shown instead of a third season, although it was produced to please the fans (it was cancelled after season 2).

• Funny Funny x 1