TV Shows With Short Runs

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by ClassyCo, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    While at work today, I browsed Amazon during my leisure time. (Which wasn't too spacious today, unfortunately.) I came across several television shows that whose initial network runs were relatively short.

To make a long story short, I got this idea: I am going to, as my budget permits, purchase the complete series of the individual short-running shows and write up some of my ideas on them here on Soap Chat.

Would you all be interested in that or nah?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,032
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    I´m all for short shows. I tend to love losers...Count on me.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  3. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    I purchased two shows just yesterday while at work. As soon as they come in, I'll watch them, take my notes, and type up my what-nots for those of you interested.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ClassyCo

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    The two shows I ordered on DVD came in today. It won't be until tomorrow that I start watching one of them. I think it's best to devote my time to one at a time so my mind isn't cluttered or impressed by two (or more) shows at a single time.

It's funny, though, today while at work I remembered that I already have a handful of short-lived on TV that I could have done re-watched to keep this thread from dying. I can still do that, it's just I didn't realize that until earlier today.

5. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,992
    There's a trio of 1971 sitcoms that I remember quite fondly:

Getting Together (Bobby Sherman's Partridge Family spin-off)
    The Good Life (Larry Hagman's follow-up to I Dream of Jeannie, co-starring Donna Mills)
    The Partners (Don Adams's follow-up to Get Smart)

They all arrived with a certain amount of fanfare due to their antecedents but I think only The Good Life even lasted a full season, but for some reason the other two were repeated quite frequently for a while in the after-school timeslot so I got to know them almost as well as some of the classics.

6. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +747
    There's a short-lived 1982-83 NBC sci-fi series which I have all of through VEI of Canada (I've only seen the first episode, though): The Powers of Matthew Star (that w/Peter Barton as the title character, and Louis Gossett, Jr. as his guardian, Walt Shepherd). I'm very much hoping to enjoy the rest of it at some time in the future.

• Like Like x 1