Tyler Perry's The Haves and the Have Nots

Discussion in 'Sundry Prime Time Soaps' started by Jason73, May 27, 2017.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    Kathryn, Hanna and Veronica battling over a crying, grieving Jeffery is riveting. Gosh, they write some of the nastiest lines I've ever heard for Veronica to say to Jeffery.

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    Oh, the floral jacket! His massive FU to his mother, who keeps hounding him to dress more "macho". Unless I miss my guess, he's wearing it to a lunch (?) at the Cryer house...where he and Veronica end up in a very pointed conversation in front of Kathryn. Or maybe I'm mixing up two different scenes. Still, I definitely remember the jacket, thinking "Where in Savannah would he find something as outrageous as that?"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    O!
    M!
    G!

Jeffery just stabbed his mother in the heart. I did not see that coming.

4. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    He was wearing it to a dinner with his mother and Melissa and his father at his mother's home. He was still wearing it when they heard the news about Wyatt and went to see Kathryn. And yes, the conversation just got VERY "pointed."

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    Keep in mind....how hard it would be to find her heart. Sometimes things get in the way...whether she will admit it or not. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    This was going to be my last episode of the day but now I might have to do one more. #soapbingedilemmas

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    Oh! Did she borrow Kathryn's girdle? :D

Jeffery has been quite handy with a knife this season. They should probably keep sharp objects away from him in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    One more episode won't hurt....[/pusher]

The whole "Jeffery's got a knife!" joke among some discussions gets a bit of back-story soon after this event, which gives some good context. It actually makes his freak-out on Quincy make some sense as well as this....unfortunate situation with Veronica.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    Are you freaking kidding me?! David goes to see Wyatt's body and discovers he's breathing. He's been laying on the bed, face down, in that hotel room for 32 hours!

The interplay between Veronica and Hanna as Veronica sits with a knife sticking out of her chest has been pretty comical.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    Ha! Jeffery stabbed his mom in her implant!

11. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    [snickers] Now...aren't you glad you took me up on that invitation to watch just one more episode? :innocent:

Like I said a while back, those episodes could possibly be the best acting of Aaron O'Connell's career!

Back when I watched it, I figured out he wasn't really dead because of the "economic spoiler": if AO'C had been let go, they would not have had him continue coming in to work (and getting his per-episode salary) just playing the corpse. We would have seen a lump in sheets or something rather than the actor. Plus, this is TP we're talking about here...:)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    It was claimed by someone online that when Aaron O'Connell got a lead role in a Hallmark movie, HAHN had him film all these scenes of his being not-quite-dead, followed by a hospital stay, to accommodate his absence. They just dropped his pre-filmed bits into episodes later on while he was away on the other project. It would be a challenge to line up all the scripts, but I could see them doing it. It's not like he had a lot of lines to memorize!

John Schneider, similarly, spent the entire half-season on one set (jail), wearing the same clothes I believe. Heck, he could have done all his scenes in one long day of filming, then taken the rest of the time off on a beach somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    :D He makes a very convincing corpse. He's currently making a very handsome coma victim.

That hadn't occurred to me. I've been on the HAHN IMDb page a ton of times, so I'm surprised I didn't spoil it by noticing his episode count. I'm glad he's not dead, even if the actor annoys me at times. Kathryn and Jim need a child to complicate things for them.

This whole half season seems to have taken place over less than a week. Wyatt was unconscious on that bed for 32 hours and it was only a day or so before that, that his parents were arrested.

That's come out now--"oh by the way, remember that time Jeffery was a kid and beat his bully into a coma with a baseball bat?"

Mitch might be my favorite character right now. His back story has come dribbling out in the past few episode. He's related to the crazy lady who kidnapped Candace!

14. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    The Malones are a gang/family who apparently have been doing 'favors' for Jim for years, and (I assume) vice versa. Mama Malone (I think her name is Rose, I could be wrong) is Mitch's grandmother. It's obviously not the last we will hear of them doing favors; they even manage to remove a large stain on the $200k rug in Kathryn's lovely living room. But I don't think they do windows, and ever since Celine ran away, those windows are getting filthy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    Oh no! It's the end of Jennifer Sallison as Kathryn coldly shoots her multiple times.

And that brings me to the start of the first half of the current season . . .

• Like Like x 1
  16. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    While Kathryn's shooting the DA certainly made me say "Oh, wow!", it only took me a few minutes for the reality to set in (well, as much as reality has a place in HAHN). While they provided Kathryn with some motivation (her love of Wyatt and desperation to keep him from ending up like Amanda), I just didn't buy this as the logical progression of her situation. While a good shocker like that will make people talk, it didn't ring true as the best course of action for Kathryn, who usually seems much smarter than this. Turning the DA into Swiss cheese won't get that money out of Wyatt's bank account. Kathryn ought to know not to trust a barracuda like Veronica to successfully argue the case (as that whole "Now get me off the murder charge" line to Veronica led us to believe), rather than simply using the situation to manipulate Kathryn, Jim, and everyone else. It is definitely one of HAHN's "Hell Yeah!" moments, but it does not stand up to much scrutiny as a logical plot point. Luckily, things will steer themselves into a different territory when they (inevitably) pick up where they left off. Some GREAT stuff there for you to look forward to between the ladies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    Absolutely! There's no logic or smarts to that course of action, and no matter how many times Kathryn proclaimed that, unlike Jim and Veronica, she is the kind of person who takes matters into her own hands, it still doesn't make much sense--clearly just the show going for a shock factor in the season finale.

I'm looking forward to getting started on the next season tomorrow. Hopefully Landon gets to be in more than three episodes this time around.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    Not really spoiler-y observation about the new season:

I thought Tika Sumpter had given birth during the production hiatus, but in these new episodes Candace is still hiding in pillow-filled beds, wearing flowing clothes (not her usual sausage-casing dresses) and sitting at bars, etc. Still, I've yet to "catch" a camera angle that reveals her true size.
    Her pregnancy is being hidden quite well--if the news had not circulated, I never would have known TS was pregnant.

It doesn't hurt, I guess, that Candace already spent much of her time in beds...:D

19. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,702
    Medals:
    I didn't realize that Tika Sumpter was pregnant. She's so slender you would think it would be absolutely noticeable once she started showing.

I have to admit I haven't watched an episode since the season finale where Catherine shot Jennifer. I think I ODed on the show and needed a break, so I've been watching The Tudors for the first time. It's quite different from HAHN. :D

20. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Medals:
    I think each half of season four is thirteen episodes. If you wait until this second half has concluded, you'd have a pretty good marathon with 26 episodes. I estimate 18 hours of their lives have passed in the four episodes I've watched in the past month. :tv:

I guess it's a blessing of sorts that HAHN isn't a mainstream sensation like...say, Game of Thrones, because there isn't a lot of talk about the show in mainstream press, allowing you to avoid spoilers. I love English history, so it would be impossible for me to avoid the spoilers in The Tudors.

• Like Like x 1