U.S. Celebrity Big Brother

Discussion in 'Reality TV Forum' started by Jason73, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I have been wishing for years that the US version of Big Brother would try a celebrity version and now they finally are--starting Feb. 7. I can't wait! I wonder if they will borrow any of the format from the UK show or if it will be the US version, but with celebrities? I'd love to see things like the house guests nominating and face to face nominations like in the UK show.

@Ome and @Jessie will you be watching?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I'm expecting a slew of reality TV celebrities to be entering the house. I've seen Tiffany Pollard as a rumored house guest, which would be fun since she was so entertaining on the UK version. I've also seen Lance Bass and Margaret Cho as rumored possibilities. I'd love to see both of them too. It would be great if they had a British celebrity or two because part of the fun of the UK show is seeing how the US housemates interact with the UK housemates.

The show is only going to last 18 days. Hopefully it will do well enough that CBS will want to do another season. It's being scheduled against the Winter Olympics.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    You're damn right I will be watching, I've been waiting for the US to do a celebrity for years.

She proved to be very popular in the UK version, so I hope the rumours are true.

4. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    The cast has been revealed.

It's about the level of celebrity that I'd expected. At least I've heard of everyone. I love Ross Matthews. Omorosa should keep things interesting and it'll be interesting to see if she has anything to say about her recent firing from the Trump administration.

Only a week and a half to go!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    Just bloody typical, the video doesn't work, but I found out who is going in. I only know Brandi.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I read an article this evening that said that the show will be airing nightly for 13 nights.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode tonight. I think it's going to be a fun ride. I like that the women are teaming up. Hopefully since most of them are a little older than the usual 20-somethings and a lot of them are married, they will avoid the common BB pitfall of getting caught up with some hot guy and turning on each other.

I think James has a target on his back now. It will be sad (for me) if the hot guy is the first to go.

Also, Julie said the show was going to run for three weeks, so I guess that means it isn't going to be nightly, although there are episodes tomorrow and Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    Episode 2 was fantastic! The Ross/Omorosa stuff was riveting and a little scary.

The girls are playing smart and playing to win.

I don't trust Omorosa at all. I have no idea if her comments about Trump were genuine or gameplay.

Is there going to be a Trump tweet storm about CBB tomorrow morning or will his handlers manage to prevent it? It would be great publicity for CBB if he does go off on the show. I never thought I'd watch a Big Brother season that could cause ripples in the White House--smart casting on BB's part.

I don't like Omorosa but it was a smart, deflecting move to bring up Bill Cosby when Keisha was talking to her about Omorosa's support for Trump.

I would be fine with James being the first to go home. He's too arrogant.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    I've really enjoyed the first two episode and even though I wasn't expecting to know anyone, I was super excited. Teen Ome was also loving it and very pleased that James was in the show, she's watched him when she was younger.

What's really surprising is we have two champion sportsmen in there and yet it seems the girls are the ones with all the power. I don't ever recall watching USBB where the girls were so bonded together and from the very first day too.

I was very happy that they won the HoH and then won the Celebrity Gift Bag by standing together to ensure they had a better chance if one of the lads went in for his. That was a really tense moment too.

11. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    Friday's episode was great fun! When they were plotting to double-cross Omorosa and Keisha and save James I figured they would never actually go through with it because that's what would happen on the civilian version of the show. So, I was surprised and pleased that they actually went through with it. I liked Chuck and I don't really like James, but it was about Shannon getting back some agency in the game and Shannon is a favorite for me. Right now my favorites are Ross, Shannon and Marissa. I'd like them to form an alliance.

I liked Keisha at first but she got a bit too controlling in this episode. I hope she can turn things around. Omorosa is starting to show her true colors.

I have always found Ross hilarious and he is staying true to form in CBB.

12. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    One of the champion sportsmen seems like an idiot. The other one is Chuck, who I liked but he is gone now.

It didn't last very long, however.

I really wanted to like him, but he is so arrogant. Is Teen Ome feeling that or is she still liking him? I will say he makes me laugh sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    No, it didn't and I love how all this turned around. I picked up on a couple of comments where it was said that a large alliance wouldn't last and they were right.

Yes, sometimes the arrogance can win her over, but then again, she's still young and I'm sure that will change.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    Well, the alliance that I wanted to happen, happened--Ross, Shannon and Marissa--with the interesting addition of James. I keep going back and forth with James. At the moment I'm ok with him. He is really full of himself, but he is also really good at everything they've done so far.

I'm glad Ross got the chance to be HOH and it made me trust James a little more when he threw the contest for Ross.

Now Ross is considering blowing up his alliance and getting rid of Shannon, or possibly James. I'd hate to see Shannon go, but I understand why Ross feels he needs to take a shot at her. Telling Marissa what he was thinking was not smart though, since Marissa is friends with Shannon.

Tomorrow is POV and the second eviction. Things are moving fast.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    :eck:

What's the average number of houseguests they have in the summer version?

16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    I believe I'm all caught up and it's been one hell of a ride so far. I'm disappointed in Ross & Marissa going for Shannon, though I see why he wants to do it. I was relieved that she wasn't back-doored because I think she's a great competitive housemate. Also when Ross started saying he wanted to go for Shannon & James, did he actually know that James through the HOH game for him?

I can't help but wonder if the Asthma attack on Omarosa has reduced her firepower, or if she's playing it up.

I laughed when Meta thought he was saving Chuck by voting for him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I like Shannon but I love how hard core these people are playing. They aren't letting anyone stand in their way and it keeps things really interesting.

I would assume Ross knows that James threw it given how James played in the earlier parts of the competition. At the moment I'm back to rooting for James because he has been a bit more low key and we haven't seen his arrogance lately. However, I'm still rooting for Ross or Marissa for the win.

Oh I think she is most definitely playing it up. Did you catch Julie Chen's fake cough in the live eviction show? That really made me laugh.

He is totally clueless.

Tense nominations tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,991
    I think they usually have around 12.

19. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +828
    They usually have 16-17 for many years now, since 2012. They had 17 this last summer, though one was out the door on day 1.

20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,443
    It really was and I'm gutted that both Shannon & James are up. There are not many houseguests that I like in there right now and both Shannon & James along with Ross & Omarosa seem to be the ones to watch.

Maybe the others will stand out more if Shannon is gone, but I much prefer the idea of having their biggest threat survive and fight them all the way.

It was uncomfortable whenever I saw Shannon in the HOH room or the kitchen and no one was talking to her, I'm glad she realised this and if she does win VETO, and then follows that up with an HOH win, that would be fantastic, but who would she target? There's so many for her to choose from.

• Like Like x 1