UK General Election day

Discussion in 'UK Politics' started by Mel O'Drama, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,372
    If you're so brave show some guts and say that to Arlene's face. She never murdered anyone, never engaged in criminality (fuel smuggling etc), survived IRA murder attempts - the list goes on.

Unlike March, the unionist community actually came out very well to vote and you are being totally obscene and obtuse in belittling their decision to vote as they saw fit.

Swami

2. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,372
    The DUP is everything that is right about Northern Ireland. I have voted DUP right from voting age and can say so with a completely clear conscience.

Swami

3. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +531
    IMG_20170609_173809.jpg IMG_20170609_174039.jpg
    IMG_20170609_174145.jpg IMG_20170609_174213.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,324
    I'd relish an opportunity to say to Arlene Foster's face what I think about the DUP's racism, homophobia and bigotry. They are a vile, nasty party.

I would also ask her to her face about her involvement in the Renewable Heat Incentive that lost about £500 million which an independent audit concluded there were suspicions of serious fraud having taken place.

I would also love to ask Ms Foster to her face about how her party is backed by the UDA, a violent loyalist paramilitary group which is still active today. Theresa May was happy to peddle lies about Jeremy Corbyn's relations with Sinn Fein but says nothing about her new friends' relationship with the UDA. Foster and May are like Arsenic and Old Lace.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,017
    I'd happily say it to her ugly face if I could stomach being in her presence. Believe me I've fried bigger fish than her. Time to take your head out of the sand Swami. The whole world is bow seeing the DUP for the hate filled bigots that they are. Maybe this exposure of them is a good thing.

Well said Canon. How can you deny this Swami?? Is murder by loyalists different to you?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,327
  7. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,327
    I was laughing this morning when I saw the election result (May not getting majority - seriously miscalculating things).
    She really should have resigned. Take a page from David Cameron's book.
    I am losing more and more respect for May. Inviting DUP to join her is sinking lower.
    Here's to next election, Labour!

• Like Like x 6
  8. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,833
    Schadenfreude galore when I saw the election result.

She thought she was very clever when she blindsided everyone with the snap election. She wasn't happy with the majority they had and wanted more. How utterly satisfying she ended up costing her MPs their seats.

Now she gets into bed with bigots and acts as if she hadn't done the stupidest thing ever just to desperately cling onto power instead of doing the honorable thing by resigning. A truly despicable woman.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,005
    Well, I did say I was confused by who would vote for such atrocities....

....and then I get my answer

10. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Hero

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,372
    DUP never murdered anyone and have no association whatsoever by loyalist paramilitaries, despite the lies that are currently being peddled in the media and by the likes of yourself. By your peddling of these lies, you are in turn part of the detestable process of trying to rewrite history and justify the IRA's campaign and existence. That miserable excuse Michelle O'Neill commemorating 7 IRA terrorists lawfully wiped out by the SAS? No doubt you are in favour of that.

I am very very proud to vote DUP and have done since I was eligible to vote. If the rest of Northern Ireland was half as good as North Antrim, we'd be pretty good.

And regarding RHI, just wait and see in the fullness of time the truth will come out - all those who applied have been inspected and exonerated. The whole thing was trumped by Sinn Fein to pull down Stormont. They aren't interested in making devolution work, they want to destroy Northern Ireland. But well done all those who came out in force to vote DUP - superb turnouts and very strong majorities.

Swami

11. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,594
  12. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,594
  13. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    I am starting to think that you are some kind of elaborate comedy creation. You just can not be serious.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    I am so glad that England Scotland and Wales now get the joy of experiencing the DUP and all of their straight from the Old Testament views and ideals. Have fun guys.

15. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    Isn't that a prerequisite of being a female Tory leader?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,121
    On the Prime Ministers debate which I think was done by the BBC and Sky they kept banging on that Corbyn was an IRA sympathiser which isn't actually true. He was one of those involved in the early peace talks. But how do you end conflict unless you sit down and talk to those you are in conflict with? There were clearly a lot of plants and a stacked audience. They kept trying to provoke Corbyn into saying he would use nuclear weapons if the UK was attacked. He managed to avoid the traps though. The questions were loaded so that the news outlets could get soundbites and headlines saying "Corbyn IRA Sympathiser" or "Labour Leader Wants To Nuke North Korea!" It was so obviously set up. And as for the unconvincing young woman who seemed to be complaining that a Labour government would let her go to Uni with no debt or tuition fees. It didn't even make sense. Then there was the Toff who was clearly lying about being on a zero hours contract and complaining that doing away with them would make his life difficult. It was the most obvious and pathetic attempt to sabotage Corbyn. It looks like it backfired.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +16,005
    Thanks Alexis. I've been doing some research and found out more about all this crap going on. I'm also starting to believe that more and more are finding out that Corbyn isn't anything like the way he's been slayed by some of the media.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    Fascinating to read all this commentary about a situation I don't know all that much about. But you can get an idea about who's right by who's saying what. Heh.

The news we're getting about it here doesn't tell us as much as this thread has.

Wish we could re-vote on Trump. Although I'm not sure how much more he could lose the popular vote by for a second time so that it would be enough to oust him. Plus, I think he'd refuse to leave.

Oh, we have plenty of 'em over here...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,324
    This simply isn't true. Let me outline some facts before I add my opinion.

1. The Ulster Defence Association (UDA) is a violent loyalist paramilitary group, which is still active today.
    2. A few weeks ago, the UDA shot a man dead in a Sainsbury’s car park in Northern Ireland in front of shoppers and his three-year-old son.
    3. The DUP leader Arlene Foster had a meeting with the UDA leader, Jackie McDonald, during the election campaign, just 48 hours after this murder.
    4. When asked at the DUP manifesto launch if at the meeting with Mr McDonald she had told him to give up violence and criminality, Arlene Foster said she had not.
    5. The UDA backed the DUP in the general election, urging its supporters to vote for them.
    6. The Ulster Resistance (UR) is a loyalist paramilitary group that have been involved in terrorist activities.
    7. Former DUP leader Peter Robinson was an active member of Ulster Resistance.

The above 7 points are not my opinion, they are undeniable facts.

It's the height of hypocrisy that the Conservative Party should try and smear Jeremy Corbyn for talking to Sinn Fein 30 years ago (incidentally, when the Tory government were also secretly talking to the IRA) while he was trying to broker a peaceful solution to the violence in Northern Ireland when Theresa May is willing to give the DUP influence over the decisions of the UK government even though she is aware of their links with terrorism.

Now that the DUP are going to be propping up the Conservative government, their links with terrorism will be put under a lot more scrutiny. They are a hateful party with bigoted ideals who should have no part in our government.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Angela Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,324
    • Like Like x 2