Dallas Actors Victoria Principal absent again.

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by MenaceTheDennis, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,199
    Medals:
    Yes, very thoughtful of Warners to give us the same reunion that we already have twice and therefore squeeze the long "Early years"-movie together with "JR returns" on disc one, which reduces the data-rate along with the picture quality on that disc immensly! :re:
    They should have better left the "Reunion" out, put "the early years" on one disk and "JR returns" + "War of the Ewings" on the other one, that would have been a much better choice in terms of compression and picture quality. :(

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    That was to tantalise the viewers with the will they, wont they bring Victoria back as Pam!

I was wondering the exact same thing myself. With all the references to Pam was the character going to show up? I didn't realise till after Victoria's statement was released that Cidre had no intention of asking Principal to come back. Principal would probably have said no anyway.

I applaud Victoria for issuing her statement that she hadn't been asked & wouldn't be going back. I bet that took the wind out of Cynthia Cidre, she probably wasn't expecting her to do that. The very fact that Pam might come back was probably an incentive to watch the show, but once Victoria pulled the rug away the ratings went crashing down & the show bit the dust not long after. Poetic justice!

I'm wondering did that statement of Victoria's put some of the cast's nose out of joint, primarily Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray & Larry Hagman. I don't think it would have made much difference to Larry when he was alive as he was Dallas. The other two though, that's a different story. It showed that a lot of fan's cared about the character of Pam Ewing & it must've been frustrating for both of them the interest that was shown to Victoria when she hadn't been part of the show for a very long time. So the green eyed monster of jealousy could've been in both Gray & Duffy following Victoria's statement. If I remember rightly Duffy endorsed the fact that Principal might come back but was probably fully aware that Principal wasn't going to be asked. So he was a part of the deception! I wouldn't be surprised if his nose was out of joint after news broke about Victoria's statement. And then there's the rumours that have never been fully substantiated that his contract had a clause in it where he didn't want to work with Victoria Principal!! More proof of his jealousy? Who knows but when you add all these things up it certainly looks like he's got a bee in his bonnet over Victoria Principal! I wouldn't be at all surprised if Linda Gray harbours similar pent up feelings toward Victoria. Not that either Duffy or Gray would ever choose to admit it! ;) :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +802
    I also admire VP, but I also admire all the cast for the decision not to take any of their feelings public. Nowadays celebs scream from the rooftops if they don't get on with a co-star - the cast of Dallas has always kept things internal and therefore it all adds to the shows mystique.

With Dynasty they actively promoted the cast not getting along - whether it was true or not, but with Dallas they put the drama on the screen, not the newspapers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +166
    Medals:
    I agree that Victoria and Linda were great together onscreen, despite how they may have felt about each other offscreen. They were believable as friends and in earlier days, competitive in-laws. I don't remember that many of Linda and Sheree's scenes. Did they have many together? I remember a pet shop scene where they met, and they both complimented each on their clothes? and earrings from previous sightings, and the Oil Barons' Ball scene where Sue Ellen punches JR after finding out about his marriage to Cally, and Sue Ellen states that April is probably sleeping with JR as well.

5. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,322
    Medals:
    But I thought Victoria claimed she had been asked....

6. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    As far as I'm aware, Victoria Principal was never asked to return as Pam Ewing on the Cyntax Dallas.

Larry Hagman did try to get her back a few years after she left whilst the Lorimar Dallas was still running. She wasn't interested. :)

7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,322
    Medals:
    What I heard was that Cidre said VP wasn't asked, and VP said she was asked but turned them down.

Is there a way I can accuse both of them of lying...? Because I'd like to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Via The Void

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    It's possible Victoria is stretching the truth!

It's equally possible she's telling the truth & Cidre is the one that's lying.

Personally I don't think Victoria was ever asked to come back. :)