Dallas Actors Victoria Principal's phone reunion with the Dallas cast

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Karin Schill, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Barbara Belle Of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,989
    Medals:
    There is a part of me that thinks VPs ears will be burning once the cameras stop rolling as its a known fact they (PD/LH/LG) were not huge fans.

if Victoria attended Dallas events
    a - i would go
    B - it would be the icing on top and a cherry too
    c - I know it will never happen but i can live in hope

• Like Like x 3
  2. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +887
    thanks Karin I was so happy to see Victoria speaking to all of he cast ,I wish I could see all of the rest of the interview , priceless earing Victoria and Patrick together ,love it:love4:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    I sincerely believe that if the day ever came when a Blu-Ray was released that VP would do a commentary on at least the original mini series because in all the interviews I've ever seen....and in this clip, she loves talking about it and discusses it with a real passion.

I would also love to see a retrospective from all the actors who are still with us of the character they played, their plots, stories etc and get a real sense of what they really thought on some of the big stories and plots they were involved with - including their exits - but with real truth and honesty.

Don't know if we'll ever see/hear it but one can hope. I certainly believe as the years go on that we're getting nearer and nearer to VP having more of a voice about the show and allowing us to hear it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +824
    I wonder how much of the plot the actors actually remember and how much they could talk about it if they have forgotten a lot/not revisited things the way we as fans have/do. I say that because a lot of the time the interviews we get have the standard stories in them that we all know and we hardly ever seem to get new information. For example, Patrick and the soap commercial story, Linda and the lady with the gun in her purse, Charlene and the Kit Mainwaring plot etc. I'd love to hear some fresh stories, but maybe the memories aren't so fresh as to be able to recount them 30-40 years after the fact.

As for Victoria, I think she may tell all but I don't think it will necessarily be in the form of commentary. She can control the narrative more if she writes an autobiography, which she hinted at just a couple of weeks ago :popcorn:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,989
    Medals:
    I agree with you @Miss Texas 1967 Id love to hear something different and from other cast members, sadly the King of Dallas isnt around any more but would love to hear from supporting cast members, Susan and Steve, something different from soap ads and more coffee darlin type of stories.

Its a pity they didnt do something comprehensive about 10 years ago when more of the cast were around like Dusty, Punk, Cliff etc

• Like Like x 3
  6. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    I get the feeling that Patrick & Linda feel that they (along with Larry when he was still with us) (and Steve occasionally) have carried the show and somehow get irked when Victoria is mentioned as she left and didn't look back (or very rarely did - moreso nowadays).

However, I often wonder whether people like Susan, Priscilla and others have been asked for interviews or not for these kind of retrospective releases or whether they just contact "Bobby" & "Sue Ellen" and occasionally "Ray" & "Lucy" as they seem to always say yes and turn up.

7. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +489
    I didn’t find it tense or awkward - Victoria seems happy to reminisce, and Patrick is joking with her (I never joke with people I don’t like - I’m polite to them).

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. garry

garry Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,194
    Wes was Jock!!!

Well, he was intended to be Jock before the backlash from the fans had an adverse reaction to the storyline back in season ten.

I've heard recently that the reveal of Jocks letters from Miss Ellie, belt buckle & knife were the original cliffhanger to the dream season before Leonard Katzman took over & changed the cliffhanger to Bobby in the shower!

Anyway lets forget about that, it didn't happen. I'm glad Victoria returned via telephone she was always the best character in Dallas, second only to Larry Hagman. I have a feeling the other stars realised that too, which probably explains the animosity towards Victoria.

Pam will always reign supreme. I love her so much. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  10. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Medals:
    If I were VP, I’d NEVER reunite with them in any format, especially PD.....

11. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,989
    Medals:
    I dont think Miss P will lose too much sleep over that one. She is having the time of her life right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Clubsoda

Clubsoda Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Anytime Victoria does anything Dallas related she gives me butterflies in my stomach.

She has bewitched me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,688
    I don't there is animosity between them; I think it's something some soap opera fans imagine because they're fascinated by drama.

What do you think is the worst thing he ever said to her or about her?

14. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,989
    Medals:
    Oh I think there is, but I doubt that VP will be too bothered!