Wanna live at the original Southfork? Now you can!

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Piggy It's Kermit Outside, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Piggy It's Kermit Outside Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    The iconic home debuted on television in 1978 in the first season of the hit TV show "Dallas" is on the market.

[​IMG]

"Were you a fan of the TV show?" Kristin Dickerson asked Allie Beth Allman.

"Of course! Everybody in Texas was a fan of that TV show," said Allman.

Allman is selling this home at 4800 Park Lane in Dallas for her client who completely re-built the house in 2003, but they kept the front porch.

"They knew that was something that would be history forever and so they saved the entire front of the house," including the white pillars said Allman.

In case you don’t have the $12 million to buy this home, let’s just imagine what it would be like to live here.

The family room has two seating areas (maybe in case you don't like all of your family members).

It has five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and two partial baths.

The master bedroom has its own seating area and the master bath even has an island.

"Big, big bathrooms, big everything, big like Dallas the series! Bigger and better and bigger in Texas," said Allman.

The home is in Preston Hollow, which is just a ten minute drive from downtown Dallas.

It sits on four acres of land that includes a creek, pool, spa, tennis court, fire pit with a sound system and manicured landscaping.

For $12 million, you could live inside this piece of history, just be sure to invite us over.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Iconic-Home-in-the-TV-Show-Dallas-is-on-the-Market-398258961.html

Thanks to E-Julian for sending me the link!

• Like Like x 2
  2. dronica

dronica Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So, has anyone already discovered familiar rooms from the pics ;) heavily remodeled, of course.

3. Barbara Belle Of The Ball

Barbara Belle Of The Ball Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,967
    Medals:
    it looks very different from the house on Dallas
    maybe because they filmed there in the winter of 77, i always thought it looked a cold house with not much warmth
    its out of my price league!! lol

4. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    Medals:
    They say in the video that the 6-pillar façade is the only thing they kept as looked in the Miniseries. The rest has been reconstructed. What amazes me is the fact that they are already trying to sell it, who knows why...The first owner had a lot of legal problems so he decided not to allow the shooting anymore, maybe the house is jinxed...I wouldn´t be surprised at all!! "Stranger Things" have happened...

:pump:

5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,350
    I'm a little confused. In the first 5 episode mini series Box Ranch (Frisco, Texas) is used for exterior shots only until production was forced to move to the new Southfork (Parker, Texas). Interiors were shot on location at "The Swiss House," on 5020 Swiss Avenue, Dallas, until those interiors were replicated at MGM Studios. If and when did 4800 Park Lane come into play? I clearly see the resemblance between the interior of 4800 Park Lane and the Southfork we came to love.

The current owners of 4800 Park Lane may have retained the front porch for historical purposes but this had nothing to do with Dallas the television series (1978-1991). I have to admit, what the owners have done to this property looks amazing, that's class. Perhaps they should have been hired as set designers for Dallas TNT instead of whoever was responsible for Pottery Barn Southfork.

6. Steven Wayne

Steven Wayne Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +81
    Medals:
    It looks to me like this house is the one used for scenes set inside Southfork in the first part of the 1978-79 season. (It has the kind of "protruding" window that was seen behind Miss Ellie's seat in the Southfork dining room.)
    The only time the front porch was seen on DALLAS was when it was used as Mark Graison's house in 1984.

• Like Like x 2
  7. dronica

dronica Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, "The Swiss House" was used for interior shootings of the mini series only. First 6 or 7 episodes of the first full season were shot in this house. Interior sets of the Southfork we know and love were based on this house.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    Medals:
    upload_2016-11-5_22-31-10.jpeg upload_2016-11-5_22-33-12.jpeg

I think you´re all right. THIS is the Cloyce Box Ranch, used in the Miniseries for exteriors.
    Sorry for the mistake. :confuse:

upload_2016-11-5_22-36-51.png

And THIS was Mark Graison´s manor (I am its current owner...)
    :hide: And yes, this one is jinxed: last night I saw Elvis´s ghost walking around...

Now seriously, I think they are a bit desperate to sell it and using "unorthodox" methods.
    It´s a surprise they didn´t say that Southfork was the house from "Dienasty"...:re:

9. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,350
    It's amazing how the interior of 4800 Park Lane, from the dining room, staircase and living/lounge-room fits perfectly into the Southfork house at Parker, Texas. I mean two different properties but it somehow works. The magic of television.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,350
    From the Real Estate website promoting the sale, "This Georgian estate is a timeless Texas treasure.The original home served as the infamous mansion in the Dallas television series." Well their partially right. They should be promoting it as "the interior home served as the infamous mansion in the Dallas television series."

I repeat, it's a beautiful property.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Piggy It's Kermit Outside

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    Medals:
    As usual, sales people use half-truths that are half-lies. Amanda Woodward wouldn´t have used a better slogan (though Laura Sumner wouldn´t need lies to sell it: she saw the world through big-sized glasses...).

12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,350
    When I compare the two Southfork's I much prefer the second location. The property itself had a better feel. I looked at Google Earth for an overview of Box Ranch and I'm not kidding when I say this, but it looks like you'd have to pack lunch just to get to the swimming pool.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +820
    It's less than 100m/300ft lol

[​IMG]

Does anyone know the history of restoration after the fire? The maps image is from June 2016 and makes it appear as though it hasn't been restored at all, but there's a website and Facebook page for another ranch that makes it seem as though it was purchased, renamed, restored and now runs as a different entity. Unless the picture (the same as in Toni's post above) is a historic photo, not a recent one?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Pay my rent for it and I will.

15. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,350
    It would appear after the fire of 1987 the frame of the original home was left intact with no restoration taking place. Doug Box, the son of Cloyce Box released a book named Cutter Frisco about his youth spent on the ranch and how they lost it all. I believe the property is now known as Brinkmann Ranch. I also discovered an interesting fact about Box Ranch. Cloyce at one time held the Cattle Baron's Ball on the property, this would explain where Cynthia Cidre got the idea. :lolo:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,350
    If the frame of Box Ranch still stands like today - why? Does it have some kind of historical value where the current owners are forbidden from bulldozing it down?

17. pete lashmar

pete lashmar Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    D.J
    Ratings:
    +923
    This made me look at the Southfork we know and love...and apparently it's only around €6m.

Surely that can't be true!?

If it is...if I ever win the lottery....:spinning: