Was there any Knots Landing merchandise?

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by micmic, Sep 20, 2018.

1. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,666
    Medals:
    I absolutely love Lee Raintree's book, especially the early stuff with Ellie, Digger and Jock, and the way Miss Ellie thinks of Pam as the ghost daughter she and Digger never had. I don't think Gary and Val's story even existed at the time, so Raintree presumably had a blank slate to create it from scratch. It's one book I reread every so often. It's so atmospheric.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Medals:
    Correct. The book was written at the time of the miniseries. That’s why Raintree made up a backstory and also the name of Lucy’s mother being Maureen, who - in the first episode of the next season - became Valene. Lots of folks don’t like the Raintree book, because of the ‘mistakes’. What mistakes? Book was there before the show began its first full season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. B.J. Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Medals:
  4. micmic

micmic Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +289
    I had a foreign edition from the 80's so didn't realize it was written before the show.
    I Read it mant many years ago so I pretty much remember zero. But I do remember I hated it and it didn't seemed compatible with the spirit of the show to me. But then again some things could have been lost in translation...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    Medals:
    I've had the book I think since it came out but I assumed it was just a novelisation of the miniseries and never bothered to read it. I keep promising myself I'll get around to it but from what I hear I don't think I'm going to like it.

6. B.J. Ewing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Medals:
    I know, I had the same thing. Bought the Dutch version of the book long after the series premiere, so I had something like: that didn’t happen!? But as a standalone book, without any knowledge of the future storylines, I think it is pretty decent.