Was Tony the only man for Julia?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Arlene Halloran, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Medals:
    Although Angela didn't approve I believe he was. Unlike Emma the Channing daughter who would eventually become a nun (thx to Father Bob) had not much success with male companions. It was a pity in a way but she probably loved FC just as much as her mother. Then there was Carlo who she romanced for a blink only to loose it and the ever caring gem Lucas, who she befriended when on the run.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,133
    Medals:
    I think Julia just used Carlo (to escape Falcon Crest/Angela or whatever), and never had true feelings for Lucas either - just used him as well to help her plans to hide.
    Tony was (sadly?) her one and only love, no doubt about that for me.
    She's been such a tragic character, probably the most tragic of the whole show, really felt with her.
    Julia as "the nun with the gun" is one of my all time favourite episodes! :D
    Kudos to Abby Dalton for her outstanding performance throughout the seasons. :kiss:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,172
    Medals:
    Even Tony was two men.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,133
    Medals:
    Or too much of a man, just ask Skylar Kimball aka Kim Novak.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Medals:
    I often wondered what way things would have unfolded if Julia had allowed to be happy with her numero uno Tony (played by John Saxon, Robert Loggia and then John Saxon again). Despite there being no pleasing of Angela the father of Lance was a decent man, who got wealthy from oil instead of wine. Was this another reason for Angela to twist?

Soon after Julia’s exit from the valley of wine we got the development of Tony in business with a man, who Angela’s eldest daughter had no time for (years before), namely Chase. Chase’s competition with Falcon Crest after Angela’s deadly deed in spring 1984 could have fuelled Julia’s envious side again, despite her seemingly peaceful life as a nun. It really was a case of psychotic Julia or the mild mannered dutiful daughter / mother. Who could only have experienced companionship and love from Tony the minute Angela was buried under the sod. These sods would be next to the 500 + acres of vines.

Emma is visiting Julia in jail, after what happened in the closure of season 2. Conversation soon arises about Carlo and just how close the family came to loosing the whole shoot and bang. They have a sisterly talk and then we backtrack to an off screen liaison in season 2, between Julia and Carlo, at the lake, (a scene from season 3, 1983-’84):

Carlo: “Love is one thing. Power is another. Power is Falcon Crest. Now we could have it all Julia. We could have a beautiful life.”

Julia: “Tell me more.”

Carlo: “I know how much you would like to keep our relationship strictly private.”

Julia: “We want to protect a lot of innocent people. If my mother finds out about us she’d make our life unbearable.”

Carlo: “That’s too bad!! If you won’t help me then Angela will just have to find out about us.”

Julia: “I wouldn’t deny you anything. Just you just stop talking.”

Carlo: “Of course.”

They then hug and kiss erratically.

Emma and Julia then ponder about the rivalry between all those wine companies, in the Tuscany Valley.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +525
    Medals:
    No other man came close like Tony did for Julia. At least their farewell was a wholesome wrap, for all that history together. I reackon Julia still rocks as a nun.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +581
    Medals:
    Nun Julia should have interrupted Kit and Tony making love. Oh a exhilarating scene, with Abby Dalton acting her habit off. So prayers or the loaded weapon to silence Miss Marlowe?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,593
    Medals:
    I liked the episode where Julia briefly reconciled with Tony.

Does anyone know if Abby Dalton wanted to leave the show or why was she written out?

In terms of storylines they sort of wrote themselves into a corner after it was revealed she had killed Melissa's father who was also her lover, as there were only so many places they could go with the character after that. In a way I think it was a shame they sacrificed her character for the sake of a cliffhanger. :(

• Like Like x 2
  9. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +689
    Medals:
    They could even control FC now or would tricky dickey be the fulcrum, a la redux?

LOL

Abby did not want to leave and was very vocal about the new supremo Jeff Freilich ditching her, to create room for the new cast members Kim Novak, Robert Stack and Dana Sparks.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,133
    Medals:
    Julia would have skinned and flayed Miss Marlowe alive - and then put her skull on a stick in the vinyards and use it as scarescrow!
    This episode could be titeled "Ashes to ashes -- Part 2" :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017