Days of Our Lives Watching Days of Our Lives

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by Daniel Avery, Sep 17, 2016.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    Yes. It's funny because Judi and Deidre are clearly having the time of their lives and you can feel that energy. So it works. I have no idea where they are going with this and I expect a literal trainwreck but I'm enjoying it for the minute.

I did send Ron the tip about Eugene and Calliolope on twitter. Even mentioned the fact that he had a time machine!

How odd that Will is being brought up.... DUN DUN DUUUN

2. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    I was pleased to learn today that Maggie is a target in whatever their crazy plan is, firstly because Bonnie has no real reason to go after Adrienne since I don't think they were ever on the show together. I wonder if Fake Adrienne is going to go after Victor romantically? That would be kind of interesting. Secondly, I like the Maggie angle because it's an indication that Ron was serious about bringing the veteran's front and center.

What was the tip? Were you suggesting he bring them back? They seem just like the type of characters Ron would like to bring back. Eugene was pals with Marlena and Roman back in the day, so he still has a connection to the show. I have a soft spot for them because when I first started watching the show Eugene, Calliope, Tony and Anna were prominent characters and as a kid I loved their capers.

3. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    Yeah, I now suggested that he'd also bring Anna back. Eugene and Calliope would def be on Ron's radar. I'd say Vivian but Louise Sorel (rightfully) felt mishandled by the show the last go-around so I doubt she'd be back. Celeste is another good Ron character but Tanya Boyd is sick, so... yeah.

As for Maggie... give me any storyline that doesn't involve her crying. I really want to like her, but damn, right now I'm feeling the Salem Stalker didn't bash her head in enough.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Oh no......no, no, no.....RE: Hattie and Bonnie.....

5. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    I'll just settle for something that's not absolutely boring if I'm being honest - I mean, it's dumb especially as Bonnie was never supposed to look like Adrienne, but whatevs...

6. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    Cardboard vs Joey - who's the best actor?

7. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    Also, Hattie and Marlena meeting lol

And Chad supposedly being hit by a car - this is some budget crap.

8. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    Cardboard, obviously; but Joey is prettier.

9. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Been really enjoying the last week and a half. Lots of minor improvements. Less boring. Some promising stuff (Tripp's revenge, Hattie/Bonnie, Abi stronger and tougher).

• Like Like x 1
  10. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    God, can Joey just go an die in a fire already? He completely ruined what could've been a pretty intense scene, but he's amazingly flat which is a feat in itself to be fair.

11. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,200
    How long has Galen Gering been acting? 20+ years? Yet he's incredibly flat.

This dopplegänger storyline is so ridiculous that I'm actually putting a laugh track to it in my head. And crap - I know they're on a tight budget, but I assume the Brady pub makes a profit so I'd expect people to be passing through that area frequently yet Anjelica can stand around with a passed out Adrienne and no one would take notice? I must say that she's certainly no Stefano in her planning.

12. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Fairchild ruined Anjelica so bad, it's a relief she's dead.......no more character assassination. She's certainly no Jane Elliot (Anjelica #01 of #04)!

13. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401

The only Anjelica, as far as I'm concerned.....

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    I agree, although I didn't hate Judith Chapman in the role.

I didn't really care for the latest, campiest rendition of Anjelica and watching that video reminded my why. The real Anjelica was a devious, scheming, manipulative, man eating, b*tch. Fairchild's version didn't even come close--so watered down.

Did Anjelica have a fling with Frankie? I can't remember.

15. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    I'm not sure. The worst replacement was Anjelica #02, Shelley Taylor Morgan. Please, I would have been a better recast! Chapman (#03) was good, but.......no one can beat Elliot in anything......she's in her own league....Fairchild (#04) is the second worst recast.

16. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    BTW, does anyone know why JE left the show? Genie Francis joined the show and left the show at exactly the same time as Elliot and she said that she didn't like the working atmosphere of the show. I was wondering if maybe Elliot felt the same way......

17. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    BTW, where was Anjelica from '91-'17?

18. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I don't think she's ever been asked in an interview, though she did return to GH afterward. She was infinitely hate-able in the role of Angelica (the mark of a good actress) but perhaps GH made her an offer she couldn't refuse. She did say, however, that her role on GUIDING LIGHT was the favorite of her career.

People always say that Genie Francis didn't like being on DOOL, but in an interview she said the only reason for her exit was a breakdown in contract talks. Maybe she was just being diplomatic :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. TJames03

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Oh..GF is flipping stories. She def said that the working atmosphere wasn't good on DOOL and that they seemed to have her just to have her and had no real direction for Diana to go. Didn't she have story lines for the entire time she was on the show?

20. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    I think so, though I really haven't seen much after Steve and Kayla's honeymoon. The only untoward thing she said in the interview (possibly with welovesoaps.net, but I could be wrong) was that soaps don't travel well. Apparently during the show's remote in Greece, the behind-the-scenes people had failed to reserve hotel rooms for the cast. :loon: