1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Days of Our Lives Watching Days of Our Lives

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by Daniel Avery, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    I've thoroughly enjoyed all the double wedding stuff. It's nice to see they coughed up the money to include everyone who should have been at the wedding. I can't remember the last time that much of the cast has been in one episode.

I was predicting (maybe hoping) that Sami was going to show up at the wedding and announce that Will was still alive, but I guess it's pretty clear the wedding interrupter is Ben.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,505
    Medals:
    Sami's usually the one getting interrupted at the wedding, not the interrupter. Still, it would be a nod to continuity if she stood up to announce Will's not-quite-dead status, only to have someone interrupt mid-sentence to urge Sami to put a sock in it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Did they French tongues? I missed.

4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Medals:
    Vivian's return has been... amusing. I am hoping this "Stefano" won't end up being his son though.

5. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    Wow, it's almost been a year since anyone has posted in this thread.

I did not mind Marci Miller's take on Abby, but it sure is great to have Kate Mansi back. She gives the character way more spark than Miller did. I wish she was staying longer. However long she's going to be around, it isn't long enough. I love Abby and Julie teaming up and I love Julie's never-ending disdain for Gabi. Pretty much everybody Julie knows has killed or almost killed someone, but the only grudge Julie holds is against Gabi for killing scummy Nick.

I was never much of a Greg Rikkart/Kevin fan on Y&R, but he is fantastic on Days. Right now he is my favorite thing on the show.

6. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Medals:
    It's been renewed through the 2019-2020 season, so it'll now last until September next year at least.

I did, again, see the New Years episode, which Ron C seem to be making a staple for returning vixens. Eve of course was incredibly camp and then Jack showed up. Again. With Amnesia.

7. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    Well, Dr. Rolf's magical "bring people back to life" serum causes amnesia--just like it did with Will. So the amnesia is perfectly logical. :D

8. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    I never thought I'd live to see the Day that "gay for pay" was a topic of conversation on Days.

9. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Medals:
    It's good that NBC cares so little at this point that they don't even bother cutting that kind of stuff out.

10. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Medals:
    https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-li...with-an-agenda-judith-chapman-debut-revealed/

This is such a mess on so many levels. Judith Chapman is returning to Days as a character named Diana and the rumors are that she's playing Diana Colville, Genie Francis' character from the 80's. First of all I love Chapman and I love that she will be playing Leo's mom. Leo has become my favorite Days character at the moment and we know from their time playing mother and son on Y&R that they will be a fun pair--especially since Kevin is able to be way more campy on Days. I can even overlook the fact that Chapman has already been on Days as Anjelica Devereaux.

But . . . having her being Diana Colville is ridiculous. I liked the Diana character and I liked Genie in the role. Francis and Chapman are nothing alike. Also Diana as played by Genie was a good guy and not campy. There's just no way the character would have evolved into Judith Chapman. (But why I am expecting logic from Days?)

Also, having Leo be John's long lost son, so that John has two long lost sons who both happen to be gay -- silly. But . . . if Genie Francis were returning as Diana to reveal that Leo was John's son I'd deal with that repetition. I just don't want Chapman to be Diana Colville.

I heard Genie is off contract again on GH. Too bad Days couldn't have lured her over.

I'll enjoy watching Chapman with Leo. I just don't want her to be playing Genie's character.