General Hospital Watching General Hospital

Discussion in 'US Soaps Forum' started by Daniel Avery, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Ray&Donna

Ray&Donna Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Medals:
    I read that Bobbie is diabetic?

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,593
    Medals:
    Thanks to product placement.

GH has struck some kind of deal with a company that produces drugs blocking heart problems in diabetes patients (I think that's the link--I wasn't paying close attention during the sales pitch). They wrote a plotline where Bobbie was diagnosed with Type-2, and when she told Epiphany about it, Piph countered that she too had been diagnosed with it two years ago. She even added that Piph and Milo had been on vacation when Piph had a mild heart attack, but they managed to keep it a secret--thus Piph's speech to Bobbie about making sure she watched her heart health, because many female diabetics end up like her, etc. etc. Honestly, the conversation seemed to lapse into the dialogue one hears in pharmaceutical ads--which in essence, it was. Neither actress mentioned a drug by name, but in a commercial break they had Zeman and Eddy do a PSA-type commercial talking about Type 2 and the logo of the product placement partner was in the corner of the screen...and the name appeared in the closing credits ("Promotional Consideration Provided by..."). You may recall the tie-in they did with the Shriners' Hospitals years ago, but this isn't publicizing a charity--pretty sure money is changing hands in this one.

I'm glad they gave Jackie Zeman something to do, but I'm uneasy about it because it will likely end up with her pitching some drug while in character. Will they play Price Is Right music in the background as she caresses the pill bottle in a close-up? Stay tuned.

3. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Medals:

Ha Ha! With Carly's paranoia over her midlife pregnancy, you'd think that would be enough medical drama for the time being.

4. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,593
    Medals:
    Because I can't stand CarSon eating up screen time that could be better devoted to any number of other characters, I hope they have a nice, boring delivery of a healthy baby and have no reason to be on my screen more than one day.

Nahhhhh…..:mad:

5. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Medals:
    You mean Sonny and Carly are getting screen time at the expense of other characters?!? Surely you must be joking. :lol: I am curious (not really) to see if they name this new baby "Morgan II"

6. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Medals:
    Although somehow I am sure this is Ava's fault, since everything in CarSon land is. :re:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ray&Donna

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Medals:
    What an utterly stupid plot twist to give Shiloh shares in ELQ. Clearly the actor has become a producer's pet, the character having reached the natural end of his storyline.

8. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,593
    Medals:
    They only threw that in for a shock twist on Wednesday. I saw Thursday's episode, where the characters (esp. Michael) argued successfully that Oscar later came up with a different plan for the shares that supersedes his wishes in the will...and that if Shiloh wanted to press the issue, the whole family (and their millions) will drag it through court for an eternity. Never mind that when Edward died, he set up this "voting shares" thing for ELQ stock for family members only, and that the shares could not be sold or transferred out of Quartermaine hands. Back when Luke went nuts and was trying to take over ELQ (the whole "FakeLuke" saga), he and Tracy tried to take shares from the various family members but all he could do was get their voting proxies (not the actual shares) because he was not a Q...and Tracy had been specifically excluded from the division of the shares.

Shiloh was not having a winning week. :dance: First, he got all smug about the belief he had been willed a small percentage of ELQ--then got shot down by the combined power of the Q's and Alexis. So then he finds out the DNA tests were coming back on that baby bib...so he got all smug with Lucas, telling him to have all Wylie's stuff gathered up so he could pick up 'his son'. So I'm assuming he got shot down again today, since we all know the DNA will NOT come back a match. All the while, Harmony was at the PCPD, out to avenge her husband's murder and singing like a bird.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)