Watching Season 10 - Bobby's Return

Discussion in 'Dallas Season Reviews' started by Kenny Coyote, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +413
    Bobby seems to be acting awfully high handed in his first scene with JR. He tells JR that he's marrying Pam again and the first time JR steps out of line, Sue Ellen will be a very attractive widow. There's no way around this; it's a death threat to his own brother! Besides that, Bobby is talking as if he has more experience in Ewing Oil than JR does. Jock and Miss Ellie apparently never taught Bobby to respect his elders, and that making death threats to family members is just something you don't do. Bobby even tries to rationalize his divorce from Pam as happening because of "too much interference from family members." I remember it as Pam leaving because she couldn't stand the type of man Bobby had become and blaming him for her mother's plane crash. She said he wasn't the same man she married. Frankly I never saw Bobby act any differently when he was supposed to be the ""good" Bobby or the "bad" Bobby. He acted pretty much the same, disrespecting his elders, assaulting JR whenever he felt like it, threatening people with physical violence to get his way, and for some reason never doing any of that to Cliff despite Cliff actually trying to break up Bobby and Pam. That would have been too enjoyable to watch I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  2. azDallas

azDallas Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I don't think anyone thinks Bobby was really intending to kill J.R.

• Like Like x 2
  3. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Dallas-223-S10xE01--Return To Camelot Part I--September 26, 1986 0605.jpg

J.R. and Bobby after the Dream Season ...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    I wouldn't be so sure about that! He seemed like he was about to send JR to a watery grave in the Southfork pool after hearing that JR planned the wild goose chase for Mark Graison. Either that, or Bobby might have been planning to kill JR with his "morals"!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,450
    Bobby was always like: "I'm gonna tear you apart!" I swear, I could have sworn he actually sort of growled at Cliff once before Pam talked him out of hitting him again! Bobby needed anger management big time. I would never get away with hitting my older sister like he did to JR! I would have liked to see JR start punching back instead of always taking that kind of crap from Bobby!

• Like Like x 1
  6. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    I seem to remember that during the recordings of these first episodes of the Dallas Season 1986-1987, Patrick Duffy received the tragic news of the murder of his parents. His facial expression is very different from the usual ...