We will always love you - Whitney Houston 11.02.12

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sarah, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,794
    Next to Larry and Linda, my all time favourite star is Whitney Houston. I still cannot believe she is gone and wanted to pay tribute to her on the 6th anniversary of her death. I don’t believe anyone has ever had a better voice. Hope you’re happy wherever you are Whitney.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,794
    7FDE3C99-FD3B-4FD8-82A4-7087494995C8.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,337
    Back in the 80s, Whitney Houston was everything I didn't like in a pop star -- she was too perfect, too glossy, too showbiz. But I enjoyed The Bodyguard and there's some great gospel stuff on The Preacher's Wife soundtrack.

More recently, I've come to really like her big pop hits, 'I Want to Dance with Somebody' etc., which I never appreciated at the time. I still don't like the big gloopy ballads though.

Last year, I watched Nick Broomfield's documentary about her, Whitney: Can I Be Me, which was fascinating and very moving.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,906
    I have the same with Britney Spears - somehow I never realized/always ignored that she was the American Answer to ABBA.
    A robotic ABBA, but still.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,648
    The other day I was watching the video for The Greatest Love of All and at the end she walks out on stage in a sparkling white dress which creates a bit of a halo around her and I couldn't help thinking how stunning she looked at that one moment in time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,141
    "I will always love you" was the song to listen to in the spring of 1993. I remember me and my classmates in middle school used to listen to it every day while on breaks. We used to sing along too and I was one of the few who reached the high notes. I think that is my first Whitney memory really. :)

I fell in love with her music when I was a teenager. The first album I got was actually "My love is your love" , which I got when I was in High School. I loved it. I then went back and bought her earlier albums too. By the time she died I had all but one.

Her death surprised me and made me really sad. I remember watching her funeral on TV and crying my eyes out when they played "I Will Always Love You" at the end. :sad:

I watched a Whitney documentary last november. It was really good. But it is truly tragic the way she died. All that talent wasted and no matter how hard she tried to get clean she just couldn't make it. :(

I wish I had gone to see her the last time she had a concert in Stockholm. But I thought she was going to be around for a long time. I really thought she had beaten her problems and bounced back just fine. The last album she released was truly awesome. I remember listening to it over and over when it first came out.

Anyway Whitney was a rare talent that can't be replaced. I mean she even made her recording of the National Anthem a best seller! :hat:
    We won't forget her.

Oh and @Sarah this one is for you:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  7. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,158
    I was a fan of Whitney in the 80's, and I was very surprised with such a great singing voice, until I heard Whitney's version of the song "I Will Always Love You". it took me a long time before i really liked her version too, because that song was so linked to Dolly Parton that I really needed some time to also like Whiteny's version, but now it's one of my favorite Whitney's song. ;)

I mis her too, she died just too young. And i will always will love her music.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  8. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    She was one of my favourites. It was sad seeing her with addiction problems. Her death was tragic, and how sad it was her daughter died a similar death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,408
    I love a bit of pre 2007 Britney as much as the next homosexual but really Willie. Bringing ABBA into this crazy talk?

10. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,337