What about Cole’s thoughts on Maggie marrying Richard?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Arlene Halloran, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Medals:
    We never heard about them, from what I remember. He was in Oz then, out of sight out of mind but it is just something I would have liked to know. With Chase presumed drowned would Cole have just welcomed Richard as his step father, for his mum’s sake or would he have been none too happy? Richard and Cole never really did see eye to eye. Interesting perhaps?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,778
    Medals:
    And Richard used to be his father's enemy...that's not something *I* could forget.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Medals:
    Well Cole could fly off the handle more often than not. From history I can’t envisage him being ecstatic that his mum married the bole one, in season 7. IMHO had Cole showed up then Richard could have been on the broad of his back. There was too much had happened between Mr. Gioberti senior and Mr. Channing junior for a reaction from Maggie’s son to be anything else but angry.

This brings up another point from your question Arlene that of the planned FALCON CREST sequel from a few years ago. The premise was Cole returning to the Valley after almost 30 years away to do battle with his step father Richard, over the vineyards and winery. Just as Chase did with the battleaxe grape granny Angela, in the original series. Alas a real shame the sequel is never likely to happen, even if the CW DYNASTY reboot becomes successful.

Angela explains to those stopping at the mansion the storm situation now, (a scene from season 7, 1987 – ’88):

“The good news is that we saved the winery but the bad news is that the phones are out and the roads are gone. We are running a little low on food but I’m sure help is on the way, even as I speak!”

There is a knock on the front door. Angela and Chao-Li go to see who is there.

Angela: “Oh Maggie, Richard. Are you alright?”

Maggie: “We’re okay!”

Richard: “The road washed out and the car is in one of your irrigation ditches. Damn near drowned!”

Richard sets down his ‘JUST MARRIED’ suit case.

Angela: “Oh my goodness. I forgot what night this is. Isn’t this thrilling? Don’t you think so everyone?” She glances over to all her guests, standing in the foyer.

Angela: “I can’t tell you how pleased I am. You’re going to spend your honeymoon at Falcon Crest.”

She smiles at the newlyweds but they are not pleased, soaked from head to toe.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +581
    Medals:
    David Selby is still very interested in revisiting the days of Richard Channing. It is very unfortunate that WB are not as interested. A new show should be interesting, with Angela glancing from the heavens and Chao-Li serving wine. Richard against Cole ya onto something.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,133
    Medals:
    I'd be more excited if HBO or Netflix were interested in doing it instead of the Warners. ;)
    Because if WB did it, where would it end up, on TNT or the CW? No thanks, then i prefer FC dead (and in peace). Don't need another Cidre-desaster in my soap life.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +689
    Medals:
    HBO would be the way to go but I'm not holding my breath either.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +525
    Medals:
    I would imagine plenty of wine barrels at dawn, on the wedding day. Cole doing his best to put the brakes on.

• Like Like x 3