1. Check Out Our Musical Secret Santa

Coming to Soap Chat this Christmas

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

What colours dominate your wardrobe?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Richard Channing, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,136
    I have more blue clothes than any other colour. Closely followed by green. Any shade of blue will do whereas I tend to stay away from earthy or mossy greens, or dark ones such as British racing green. I gravitate more towards teal and turquoise.

After that would be red and of course a few black items and white items.

I rarely wear yellow, but I do like it so will have one or two yellow items. Less likely to wear browns although I like some shades. I almost never wear orange. If I do it has to be a faded or natural looking orange and never a bright synthetic one.

I like faded colours (though not only) and I also like shiny things. (I blame watching Dynasty as a child for this)

What's your wardrobe's colour palette?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,498
    I hate to admit that the dominant colours in my wardrobe since I became middle aged are black and grey followed by blue. Most of my shirts, whether they be formal shirts, t-shirts or polo shirts, are white. There is a sprinkling of other colours (mainly red or green) which are clothes that were mostly given to me as presents.

I guess I'm a bit like Mark Zukerberg when it comes to clothes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,680
    Blue is my favourite colour so a lot of my wardrobe is blue. I like pale blue shirts like oxford shirts. I like blue jeans, I like denim shirts. I own a few suits and I have more navy than black. Blue just suits me well with dark hair and blue eyes, I think. I also like black and grey and wear a lot of that at night time going out, black jeans and top or shirt. All black always looks a bit more stylish and like you were put together when it's in fact the easiest option most of the time. Saves trying to match colours.

I like greens, but darker greens, like olive green and those mossy green colours.
    I also love maroon or wine coloured jumpers and sweaters. Especially in autumn and winter. Thinking about it the seasons really change the colours I wear. In summer I'm mostly in jeans and T-shirt, I like white T-shirts but have some black and grey and some olive green. My favourite T-shirts are Breton T's though. I love them, they are like white with a navy blue stripe I wear those all the time with jeans and converse, sometimes like chino trousers.

Colours that I just don't wear ever? Yellow, I hate yellow it only looks good on Joan Collins matched with black so she looks like a wasp. :) I'm also not a fan of orange, lime green or purple. Depending on the shade I do like red.

I guess I'm a deeper shade of blue...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,429
    I like black but will try to avoid (not always successfully) dark colours e.g. dark green or dark brown or navy because I find those colours depressing, except for vintage cars.
    [​IMG]

Light pink, violet or peach is OK for T-shirts, not for sweaters. You can really only combine yellow with green, and even that is a very dangerous combination because it's so easy to do it wrong.
    So unless you're looking for a fashion-suicide it's better to avoid yellow.
    I associate orange with Dutch Football, so that's also a no-go. Actually I do have washed out orange t-shirt (long sleeves), I think I bought it in the 90s but appears to be indestructible so I'm still wearing it.

I like red, camel, black, white, green and mauve (for sweaters and T-shirts). Blue is great but I usually wear blue jeans so that's also not a winning combination, to put it mildly.

Unfortunately I am often forced to ignore my own fashion advice because it's very difficult to find something my size, which limits my options, colour-wise.
    I'm not tall, I'm not short, I'm not fat and I'm not skinny. I don't know how it works in other countries but here in Holland they don't really cater to the normal body type.

I never wear button shirts. When I was little my mother tried to make me wear them, but it always ended up in scenes from The Exorcist.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,136
    I would only ever consider wearing yellow in summer, possibly with white. At the moment I do own a yellow t-shirt that I wear with some navy shorts with bananas on them which kinda works.

I like violet and lavender and always want something that colour but never seem to have anything. I rarely wear pink and then it needs to be a faded pink.

6. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,136
    Even so it's my least favourite colour on Joan. There was definitely a season of Dynasty were yellow was in and she wore it quite a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,429
    I find it too easter.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,991
    Black. I gravitate towards black in clothing stores.
    Pink is the 2nd most dominant color, followed by white.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    My wardrope looks almost like this picture, mostly blue with many other diffrent colours. it also depends if it looks good with jeans and shoes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    As a kid I had a yellow pajamas in the 80's, so i was feeling like a yellow bird.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,738
    I have to admit, as I've gotten older the colors I wear have become a bit more conservative. I seem to adorn myself in a lot of dull greens and the occasional dull blue, as if I'm trying to avoid gaining attention.

Before, though, I liked a good rust, burgundy, dark pink, and sometimes still do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,498
    So organised! My clothes are randomly thrown in my wardrobe, with several things on the same hanger and everything jammed in with little space to spare.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,666
    Black & white or navy blue (always casual with slim cut jeans). Occasionally, I try to spark things up with something different, like a pink polo, for instance.

I always have my clothes organized in a perversely rigid order. My sister, on the other hand, has stuff falling out of her closet. I can't stand the sight of that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Payton Cross

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,238
    Yes it is @Angela Channing, except for my shoes, because I do not keep my shoes in my wardrobe closet, I keep them somwhere else. ;)

15. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,689
    Almost everything I have is some shade of blue, followed by browns, tans, mustards, not so much bright yellows or oranges, though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,680
    I do love mustard too, especially with blue/navy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,047
    Black

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018