What do you think might happen at the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by RottenSkipper17, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    You can post spoilers without spoiler titles? (it's required if you use the spoiler function from the dropdown menu)
    upload_2018-3-28_22-52-2.png

upload_2018-3-28_22-52-23.png

upload_2018-3-28_22-52-39.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,515
    Well if this version of Dynasty follows the path of the original it will probably be some character viewers wouldn't miss. I said a long time ago. Dynasty 2.0 should be brave (much like Game of Thrones) and kill off main characters. It needs shock value in my view.

3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,895
    If they learn anything from the original, they should wait until they know for sure if they're getting renewed before writing the final episode of the season. Leaving the original series without a proper ending was one of the things I hated the most about oldDynasty's treatment by ABC, but hopefully the producers will know if they're writing a season-ending cliffhanger that sets up action for season two, or if it's a series finale where viewers ought to have some closure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,093
    Going by the last season Frequency, No Tomorrow and Riverdale all filmed "alternative" endings in case they were cancelled. Clearly, Riverdale never used theirs, Frequency and No Tomorrow's got digital releases. This season Valor pretty much wrapped up their storyline at episode 13. Since CW is so heavily digitally based I'd say that Dynasty will have filmed a season finale ending and a series finale one.

5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,383
    A cancellation, especially so soon, is never a good thing. A proper wrap-up isn't going to make it less painful so I'd rather see it end with an outrageous cliff hanger a la The Colbys.
    At least we'll have something to talk about after that:)
    Besides, it's a soap so it doesn't need a particular "ending". A soap exists or it doesn't, everything else is irrelevant (kind of:lol:).

• Like Like x 2
  6. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Well, the problem is, they already finished with the season, so it's all a done deal. On the other hand, I think an alternative ending is a great idea. If Dynasty is really going to be cancelled, then they definitely should kill off everyone since it's not going to come back anyway. But if it somehow does get renewed, then they should kill off one or two secondary characters. I think Michael is a likely candidate since his main purpose is to be Fallon's love interest and he barely appeared at all in the last episode. I think as the episodes progress he's just going to be pushed even further into the background and he's going to become more irrelevant, so the sooner he gets killed off, the better.

7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,346
    Maybe he'll go away and come back a millionaire, like the old Michael did. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Isn't there a deal with Netflix though that has always essentially guaranteed a second season? I remember reading that at some point. And I don't think the ratings took a nosedive when moved to Friday which is shocking. But I may be wrong.

9. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Actually the ratings are slipping, little by little. And just because the show has a Netflix deal doesn't necessarily mean it's guaranteed a second season. The live ratings are still relevant in determining whether a show gets renewed or not even in the age of streaming and DVRs. I believe the CW brought in Alexis as a last ditch effort to save the show. If Alexis doesn't bring in the ratings they want, then it's bye bye Dynasty forever.

10. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +72
    OK.
    So, if the timing is right, we just have to endure a Moldavia bloodbath and an alien abduction and the show is over.
    Isn't it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I think Cesil and Monica if anyone dies, Liam also, if he doesn't turn out to be Adam. Shows usually kill of guest stars over cast members.

12. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Purely conjecture:
    It's the day of Steven and Sam's wedding but before they exchange vows: Monica shows up and drinks a toast to "my family, the Carringtons" and reveals she's Tom's daughter. Fallon is growing closer to Liam when Anders reveals that Liam is... not Adam, but a reporter who went undercover to gather dirt on the Carringtons. Mr. Culhane has just died and Michael shows up in a rage intent on killing Blake whom he blames for causing his father's death. Cristal receives an urgent call from the sanitarium informing her that Claudia has gone into labor but is suffering complications and has asked that Cristal be by her side.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,895
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

But I like the way you think!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,346
    What if the fire is a recreation of when Alexis and Krystle were trapped in the cabin fire? What if Cristal and Alexis get stuck in Alexis' new abode as the place goes up in flames around them?