What happened to Matthew?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Dw725, May 13, 2018.

1. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I really think this needs a thread on its own. Is Matthew still alive? Was he a figment of Claudia's imagination?

@tommie pointed out Claudia locked him in the closet. With everything happening, I totally forgot that. If he was actually alive and with that last scene with him and Claudia, it could be that he affected her and Claudia did see him bc she is crazy.

The only person who could confirm Claudia was there is Matthew. Maybe Hank, but he has no idea who Claudia is. Thinking about it, that brings up a huge plot point next season. Cristal didn't know anything about Claudias hallucination of Matthew. Anything Cristal says about Claudia will make everyone think Cristal is crazy. They'll think bc of the stress of the gunshot and the smoke fumes, she doesn't have any clue about what happened and she is wrong about Hank not being Adam bc of the stress from getting shot.

The only way it could be shown that Cristal is sane is if Matthew was real and maybe broke out of the closet only to run once he saw the fire, but he'll end up coming to rescue Cristal

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I have a theory:

Matthew is 100% dead but the Matthew Claudia originally saw in the psych ward and in the closet wasn't completely fake, it was another person manipulating Claudia to hurt the Carringtons. That person may also be the one who set the fire.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,022
    Medals:
    Ooh, good idea! :D

4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,227
    Medals:
    Maybe it's Cesil (like in the original) and he's manipulating her with some kind of african voodoo...
    We didn't see him for several episiodes, so.. who knows what he was doing all the time.. :D

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Someone had to be behind it other than Just Claudia. Is Fallon behind it? She did meet with Claudia and said she'd get her out. Did she find a Matthew lookalike? He showed up and Fallon was mentioned and he said she's not gonna help you get out. Maybe that's why Fallon says OMG bc she thinks Claudia is the one who started the fire and it's all her fault?!?