What I'd like To See When "You Know Who" Arrives *Spolier*

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Grant Jennings, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    I think she reassured him that nothing would go wrong with the blood test.
    Surely not so soon after fake-Adam, fake-Cristal, imaginary-Matthew and Colbys-becoming-Carringtons?

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Maybe they'll wait until after the first commercial break.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Or they could do a 5 year time-jump, in that case it wouldn't look so silly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,873
    I wouldn't blink. Dynasty is so fast-paced, and I like it!! They did like 100 storylines in the first 22 episodes.

Real Adam can wait for mid-season though, after real Cristal has settled in and everyone has forgotten that she wasn't the original.

The 1% has to deal with lots of opportunistic fakes, everyone knows that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Neither would I, but I think that - at this stage - it would be overkill, and therefore less effective.

6. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Real Cristal shows up with an American boyfriend/fiance who turns out to be Real Adam. We'll just refer to the couple as the Reals.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
  8. Emelee

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,873
    Sam strikes me as very honest, only lying when absolutely needed to protect someone he loves. I doubt it will be revealed that he's part of a diabolical scheme with fake/real Cristal.

I see at least 2 scenarios:

1. The identity theft wasn't a big deal, maybe fake and real Cristal made a deal somehow and real Cristal let Celia take her identity?
    2. Sam doesn't know about the identity theft because he was too young when it happened. Maybe fake Cristal was his real aunt?

They can't erase the flashbacks. They can't erase Iris and her husband. They can't erase that fake Cristal tried to escape her past as Celia. Those things still need to be there.

9. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Is there any reason to believe that he's not her nephew?

If *everyone* turns out to be fake then they may as well explain it as a dream season and season 2 could be the Real Beginning.

10. Emelee

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,873
    It's a soap, can't take anything for granted. We don't know for sure that fake Cristal really was Iris' sister or that Iris is Sam's real mother. With all lies they told, Sam could very well have been stolen from his real mom as part of the identity theft. I'm not ruling much out.

11. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I think the flashbacks are authentic, since NK's character was calling herself Celia Machado back in Venezuela* and the whole Cristal Flores identity wasn't assumed until she came to America. Iris was likely still using her married name (which also could have been genuine, though her creepy husband also had an alias*). The whole identity switch occurred after all that business back in VZ, so Iris can easily still be Celia's sister and Sam can be Celia's nephew. I'm guessing Sam knows all about the identity theft and helped his aunt do it, since they only had each other when they arrived in the US. I doubt the theft will be framed as some kind of evil deed...more than likely Sam will make it seem as if they thought RCF was dead or was somehow okay with the switch.

* If I'm remembering correctly

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Here's a question?

How, and where would Alexis be hiding new Amanda?

she should be nine, or ten as of season 2.

13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Amanda is Blake's secret daughter, not Alexis'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    How about:

At some point in Blake and Alexis's marriage, Blake had an affair. The woman didn't go to Blake first--she went straight to Alexis, hoping to destroy the Carringtons' marriage and eventually claim Blake for herself. Instead, Alexis already had some sort of incriminating information on the woman and basically blackmailed the woman into aborting the baby and leaving town. Only the woman didn't quite follow instructions. Blake never knew about the baby, and Alexis has assumed all this time that the woman had an abortion. In Alexis's recent "research" in her plot to take Carrington Atlantic from Blake, she found out Amanda existed, but residual hatred of Amanda's real mother (and perhaps residual worries that she might become another obstacle in her scheme) kept her from bringing Amanda into the mix. Plus, she knew that Amanda would never side with Alexis. Alexis simply chose instead to use the Fake Adam angle, since she could control the situation better. So Alexis only in the past months learned about Blake's illegitimate offspring, and is holding onto that information in case it comes in handy.

This would allow them to make Amanda any age they want, and her real mother could be a character from the original series (tying her into the new show in a new way). It would also overcome this idea that Alexis raised a child while in exile, since they've characterized her decade or so away from Atlanta as a non-stop party. Instead of being the apple of Alexis's eye, Amanda will hate her more than any of the kids, since she will know Alexis ordered her mother to abort her because she was "an inconvenience" to Alexis, and Alexis's actions denied her the opportunity to grow up knowing her real (and real rich) father. Any efforts of this Alexis to come across as a doting mother would fall flat, much like Anne Matheson attempting to behave like a loving mother to NS's Paige on Knots Landing always set viewers thinking "What's she up to now?"

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Perfect. Mail this idea off to the CW. It must be done. :D:D:D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    No need to, they are reading here. ;)

17. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    If they were doing what I wanted, Nathalie Kelley would be filming in Atlanta with the rest of the cast. :re:

18. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    They may find a way to bring her back. You can never tell with soaps. :lol:

19. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +116
    That would be possible if Nathalie Kelley hasn't essentially burned all the bridges she had with the CW and Dynasty. The chances of her actually coming back are very slim at this point, if not basically impossible. Besides, it doesn't seem like the producers/writers even want her back anyway with all of their desperate attempts to pretty much erase Cristal/Celia from history and act like she never even existed in the first place.

And what would bringing back Old!Cristal even accomplish anyway in the grand scheme of things? By the time that happens Blake might have already fallen in love, (or whatever his version of love is), with New!Cristal and he would have already forgotten his second wife even existed.

If New!Cristal is supposed to essentially replace Old!Cristal as the heroine of the show and Blake's current wife, then bringing back Old!Cristal at this point would just defeat the purpose. Not to mention that Blake also treated Old!Cristal like crap anyways and even if she did survive the fire I really don't see her getting back together with Blake, if ever.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  20. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Unlike the original which saw Krystal realizing her divorce to Mark wasn't legal, it seems the most logical route to go with NuCristal is for her to try to marry her fiance (named Mark or Marco) and find out that her marriage license was denied because she's already married to Blake - sort of like real life scenario: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/1...ied-to-multiple-men-after-identity-theft.html

or she finds out she's supposedly dead.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1