1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What phone do you have/want/have had?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Emelee, Oct 7, 2016.

?

What phone do you prefer?

1. iPhone

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Samsung Galaxy

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Sony Xperia

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Motorola

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Blackberry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Huawei

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Vodafone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. HTC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. LG

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Other brand

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 7 Years

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,523
    [​IMG]

1. What phones have you had in your life?
    2. What phone/s do you have right now?
    3. What phone/s would you like to have (maybe next time you switch)?
    4. What phone/s would you never want want to buy (again?)?

2. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,523
    If I remember correctly......

1. Phones I've had in my life:
    Nokia 3210 and 3310 (both grey)
    Sony Ericsson W595 (dark blue)
    Motorola W377 flip (pink)
    iPhone 4

2. Phone I have right now:
    Samsung Galaxy 4 (it's 3 years old, which means it's soon time to switch)

3. Phone I'd like to have:
    I'm deciding between another Samsung Galaxy or a Sony Xperia. Not decided on model.

4. Phone I never want again:
    I'm done with iPhone, and Apple in general.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 17 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,164
    I have a Nokia 101

If I ever go back to landline then I still have my Mickey Mouse telephone, but I would also like to have one of these classic 70s models:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. hatayas

hatayas Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Samsung Galaxy 5 and I'm very happy with it

Maybe I'll get the 7th next time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kevmac

Kevmac Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 15 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,402
    at the moment an iPhone SE..... It's good. :)

Previous to that an iPhone 3 and an iPhone 4 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    I used to have a Samsung Galaxy, but I decided to buy a new phone because it was one of the smaller models and harder for me to text and use the internet on. I wanted to get another Galaxy, but I bought a ZTE Scend Tracphone because it was on sale for $29.99 as opposed to the real price of $79.99. So far, the phone works fine except for the fact that almost all of the options for a longer length of time before the screen time-out/sleep have mysteriously disappeared. And customer service could not fix it either. Their solution: A factory data reset. I'm not gonna get caught into that trap when it could just happen again, though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    I will never have anything other than an iPhone. I have a 6 now, had a 3 and 4 previously, but no 5. But am not passionate about having the latest one. I only just got the 6 this year. Now the 7 is out!

Anything other than an iPhone makes me extremely nervous lol I can't look at Androids or understand why people don't want iPhones lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Lois

Lois Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have an iPhone 6 and love it. Before that, a Motorola flip phone and before that don't remember.:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,523
    It's a feeling I have that Android's app store have many more apps to choose among than iPhone. Don't know if it's true, but it's my feeling.
    I don't know how many hundreds of different keyboard apps there are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    Why don't I want an iphone? Here are some reasons: 1. I refuse to spend ungodly amounts of cash on a phone. 2. I live on a budget and cannot afford such luxuries. 3. The smartphones work fine most of the time. 4. The iphone screens break pretty easily. 5. Unlike most people, I don't spend more than half of the day on my phone. 6. I don't need 50 billion apps and special features. I just want to have good service, text, email, and use the internet easily. And yes, this is all available on a smartphone. 7. The iphones are continually getting new models like, every flippin' year! It's ridiculous how so many people are willing to sleep outside on the street just to get a new one! I really think that people get brainwashed into believing that they need an upgrade even when the previous model worked just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  11. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic EXP: 13 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    iPhone 6 Plus for two years. A gift which I use under protest. I believe it is paid for out of some mysterious fund unconnected to my bank accounts that also lowers my household bills, although I never see any of them. As a trustee to multiple trusts, I have to be able to be reached at all times, except when I don't want to be, which is most of the time. So I need a decent iPhone to torpedo important decisions. Siri tells me that it is learning about time travel paradoxes, so I might stick with it for a while, although I've found the recent software updates a bit awkward.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator EXP: 20 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +11,600
    I hate iPhones with a passion. Being forced to use iTunes to move content on an off my phone is unnecessarily wieldy compared with the simplicity of doing this on an Android phone. Widgets so you can get information directly on your screen such as weather, transport times, emails, calendar entries are not available on iPhones but is possible on Android phones. Android phones also offer far great customisation for how you can arrange apps and widgets on your screen and finally iPhones also cost at least 20% more than many equally good android phones. So I've never had any interest in owning an iPhone and I've always bought android smartphones. I currently use an LG G4 which is an excellent phone with an excellent camera.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,523
    My next phone must have more than 16gb internal storage. 16 is nothing! I am always frustrated how I am always warned of small available space. 32gb would be sooo much better. Twice as much better to be exact. But I imagine it feeling 10 times better. I miss playing Simpsons Tapped Out. The game is over 1gb when you've come far into it, and there is no way I can have that on my current phone.
    I also need a better camera. I am constantly jealous of Mom and her Sony Xperia. The colors, the sharp pictures!!

But which darn phone do I want?!?! Sony, Samsung or possibly LG? It's driving me bananas. There are pros and cons with all.

14. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator EXP: 11 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,898
    My current phone is an iPhone 6. My first Apple phone, I got it on launch which was well over 2 years ago now.

Before that, I had a series of Sonys, which I loved for their cameras. And before that, Samsungs, Nokias, an Ericsson and a Motorola.

The iPhone is the best phone I've had from an all-rounder point of view. It's simple to use, particularly getting music and photos on and off it - something that gave me so much grief with my Sonys (what's the point of having a great camera if it's impossible to connect it to a computer and get the photos transferred). Up until this phone I usually changed my handset every 18 months or 2 years (sometimes more frequently). As it is, I can see myself keeping the current handset for as long as it continues to function which I hope will be a few more years yet.

I don't normally take much notice of phones, but from an aesthetic/statement angle - and as someone who takes a lot of pictures with his phone - the vintage camera look of this new Kodak handset (and its retro carrying case) has really wowed me. If I had to buy an Android handset today, this would be my choice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mel O'Drama

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,898
    My current handset has a whopping 128 GB, which I needed for my music. That's why I grabbed this one when it first came out. I couldn't have justified getting an iPhone before as I would have had to continue carrying two devices - one for music and one to use as a phone.

16. Mel O'Drama

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,898
    A little reverse-chronology walk through some of my handsets. The big gaps in years suggest I've probably forgotten one or two, but hey ho:

2014-Present
    [​IMG]

2012-14
    [​IMG]
    The first Sony branded phone. Though I believed it was originally planned to be a Sony Ericcson.

2008-ish
    [​IMG]
    Loved the brushed chrome and the sliding lens cover that automatically opened the camera function when it was slid open.

2007-ish
    [​IMG]
    Another with a great sliding lens cover. This model had my favourite keyboard of all. Because of the spacing I could text very quickly without looking. I miss proper keys.

2006-ish
    [​IMG]
    I'm not 100% sure which model it was, but it was a slider that looked something like this.

[​IMG]
    This one got lots of comments.

[​IMG]
    This was tiny and had a colour screen. I was impressed.

2003-ish
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure of the exact model, but I was given one like this after the previous handset broke (or was lost). It was a few years old, but I loved it - especially the takety-tak sound the keys made.

2002-ish
    [​IMG]
    I was worried I wouldn't be able to play Snake as well with those keys, but I managed.

2001-ish
    [​IMG]
    I think everyone had one of these. They were the iPhone before the iPhone.

2000-ish
    [​IMG]
    This one seemed really sleek because it had no aerial on top.

1999-ish
    [​IMG]
    I resisted the mobile phone market until I was bought one. It looked something like this one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +10,487
    have a samsung Galaxy S5
    due to replace in feb next year and will get the 7

before that a samsung ace 2

before that

2 nokias

never fancied an Iphone and as i dont liveby my phone, checking it every 2 mins im not paying a fortune every month just to make a few calls and texts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Emelee

Threads:
    Procrastinatress
    Ratings:
    +5,523
    Woah, that's a lot!! Not sure if I could fill out that much. As I've said before, my music is on my old iPhone 4. I practically only have Spotify on it these days. My little music player. :)
    I wouldn't mind 64 GB internal storage, but I think 32 GB will be enough. Afterall, I have Dropbox to store stuff on. My little digital cloud that I've named Molly. Cause cloud is "moln" in Swedish. [​IMG]