What secondary characters would you like to see appear on NuDynasty?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by RottenSkipper17, Apr 6, 2018.

1. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    So since it appears that Dynasty's been renewed for a second season (at least if not more than that), I wonder if anyone has any ideas on what secondary supporting characters they would like to see appear on this show?

If and when Adam does eventually show up, I'd like to see Kirby appear as well, maybe as a college aged graduate who comes down to Atlanta from wherever to visit her dear old uncle Joseph, (personally I think making her Anders' niece is more plausible since I think Anders is kind of too old to have a daughter in her 20s), and maybe Adam starts a flirtation with her like in the original.

I'd like to see Kirby be played Jen Lilley, who was on Days Of Our Lives for almost 4 years and she also replaced Kirsten Storms as Maxie Jones on General Hospital for approximately 11 months right before she got cast on the former when the actress went through one of her multiple annual medical emergencies, (I say this because it seems like every other year she has to leave the show for several months at a time because of her chronic illness and they always have to bring in a temporary actress to replace her).

Also she's an awesome singer and I'd love to see her and Liz Gillies do a duet on the show for one episode. Also she's done at least three Hallmark movies last year that I know of and also this weekend she's featured in a supporting role on Lifetime in a new movie called Evil Doctor about an unhinged OBGYN who schemes to steal a couple's firstborn child, (which is hilariously ironic because Jen has had a very similar storyline on Days).

Okay, now that I'm off my tangent, I think it could still be possible for Amanda to show up in this reboot, even if it means that she would have to be significantly aged up in order to compete with Fallon, Steven, Jeff, Michael, et al., but I definitely like to see her be played by Niki Koss with a lot of sass and spunk except with the constant one liners and maybe a lot more morally grey but with a stronger moral compass. If the show does have plans to introduce Amanda at some point, I'm not sure how she's going to fit into the whole backstory. We'll see.

I don't know if anyone remembers this character either but I remember reading online a little while ago that in the original Sable & Jason had a younger child named Bliss that eventually got together with a Soviet defector. I'm not sure how much impact she had on the original if any but I think she can definitely be revitalized and reborn in this version if recast properly and given strong, solid writing.

I vote for Rhyon Nicole Brown, the actress who played the hip hop artist Michele from the Surviving Compton Lifetime biopic, since I was largely impressed by the vast range she displayed in her performance. Another big plus is that she would almost certainly blow the actress that plays Monica right out of the water. On the other hand, maybe they should recast her as Monica. She seems the better actress anyway.

Also if Dynasty really is in the process of phasing out the Colbys, (not sure how they're going to fit into the show now that Alexis is around), they could always bring in the Fallmonts or even expand Claudia's family if they really are intent on bringing Claudia back like Sallie Patrick claims.

2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,472
    I could imagine mother and daughter Carrington in therapy, so that would require a psychiatrist/brain surgeon: Nick Toscanni. And then they both want him, so there will be even more friction between them. More shouting, catfights and bullets!

• Like Like x 1
  3. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +37
    While they're not exactly secondary characters (supporting characters, perhaps?), I'd like to see more of the Carrington household staff. We've heard Mrs. Gunnerson's name mentioned a few times but I'd like to see her. Along with Jeannette and Gerard. And Tony Driscoll!

And doesn't someone need a private eye? Calling Morgan Hess.

It seems like Rashid Ahmed is destined to show up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,472
    Perhaps Logan Rhinewood could be the "Cecil" that neither Jeff nor Cesil is. Besides, they'll need a man for Alexis, eventually. Maybe a combination of Logan and Dex?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    I want Amanda - I *neeeeeeeeeeeeed* for there to be a Fallon/Amanda catfight! :lol: But my own choice for her actor is Samara Weaving:

1217.who.jpg

She's a year older than Liz Gillies, but she's also 2 inches shorter. So if they wanted her to play the younger sister, I think it could be pulled off. Plus, she's no stranger to catfights:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,472
    I want to see that movie!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    A bunch of people beating each other up... sounds like fun. :D

8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,104
    Funny you mentioned that...

9. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Isn't it? I love the recreation scenes. Almost word for word. And nice twist with Mrs. Gunnerson versus Leon.

10. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Although Tony is not nearly as hot as the original.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    Also, and this might sound weird coming from me, but I wouldn't mind if they never bring Kirby in. I don't know, I guess I'm just more fixated on them bringing in Amanda at the moment. :lol: But if they do bring in Kirby, then I'd like for her to be Anders' granddaughter. Since in this version, Joseph has "raised" Blake, who's in his 50s. So therefore, any 20-something girl related to the majordomo would either have to be his grandchild or great-niece.

And what's more, I also hope they hire an Asian actress for her, not just to go along with making Cristal Hispanic and the Colbys black, but also because I've long associated Kathleen Beller with Asian/Chinese/Japanese stuff. I'm not really sure why, but I have. Either way, they could justify the casting by saying that she was adopted by Joseph's son and his wife.

Also, I'm curious if they'll bring Ben in. So far, I don't believe he's been mentioned, so it may be difficult to introduce him... but then again, if in this version he's also responsible for the death of their mother, then it would make sense that Blake and Tom wouldn't talk about him. Even Alexis not talking about Ben would make sense, since she (supposedly) would know her limits about what info she can throw around.

If they did bring in Ben, I'd cast Maxwell Caulfield.

And if they bring in Caress, I'd cast Catherine Oxenberg. :D

12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,104
    Amanda would be like 10 or 11 years old in this version. No thanks.

They should take lessons from Wentworth and merge characters, especially secondary ones. I could see Kirby/Amanda/Leslie mutating into one character. Caress/Ben could also potentially merge.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,472
    Ben's daughter could arrive before Ben. Or she could be Caress' daughter.

As for Kirby...
    "Oh Fallon, do you remember how we used to play in the garden?"
    Fallon: "I never played in the garden. You're confusing me with your imaginary friend. Go, have a look, maybe she's still there".

Bitch!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    Nuh-uh. Alexis could have had a love-child with another man while still married to Blake, and hid herself away for 6 months because she knew Blake would count back the days and realize the new baby couldn't be his. Thus, Amanda would be only the half-sibling in this version, and she could be 18-23.

I hope not. I want Ben to be Ben and Caress to be Caress.

Or she could be both their daughter. :D

:lol: But going with my previous idea, I'd leave out Kirby growing up with Fallon and Steven in this version. She grew up the (adoptive?) daughter of Anders' son, who passes away and she comes to live under the care of Granddaddy Joseph, and meets the Carringtons for the first time.

15. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,905
    Introduce Kirby (eleven-ish child) as Anders's grand-daughter, who Anders suddenly brings to Atlanta for a visit. The household staff and the Carringtons admit they had no idea she existed--Anders just brushes it off as "Well, you never asked!". Anyway, Alexis seems to take a real shine to the little girl, and Anders keeps letting Alexis watch the girl while he is busy. Cristal spots Alexis being very sweet and patient with Kirby, "behaving like a whole different person". Eventually we find out that "Kirby" is the baby that Blake never knew Alexis had shortly after leaving Atlanta, a child that may or may not be Blake's. Alexis placed Kirby in a boarding school for years, but begged Anders to go along with the ruse of being the grandfather so she could see her little girl. The plan is to send her back to the boarding school and not reveal her parentage to anyone. Cristal takes it upon herself to run a DNA test on "Kirby" and is shocked by the results--does she blow Alexis's lies out of the water, or does she keep her mouth shut? Because either way, it might hurt Cristal's marriage.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,472
  17. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    Amanda. That's her alternate name. :lol::D

18. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,905
    (with apologies to The Simpsons)

"Amanda Hugginkiss...is Amanda Hugginkiss here? I need Amanda Hugginkiss over here."

[Sammy Jo waves hand frantically]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,352
    • Agree Agree x 1