What small scene do you remember vividly from Dallas?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Lastkidpicked, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,754
    Medals:
    This one? Sue Ellen refers to Winger being in more trashy movies. But yes it's in line with her movie and she's talking to Bruce Harvey. The pink is amazing.

2. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    I remember how Sue Ellen would get when the subject of Mandy Winger came up. Sue Ellen felt completely intimidated by Mandy who told Sue Ellen right to her face: "I'm years younger than you, prettier..." and Sue Ellen was badly shaken by it. Mandy's words weren't just opinion; they were fact as well.

I remember this: Sue Ellen hired Nicholas Pearce to tell her what to do to build Valentine Lingerie and one of the very first things he said to her after reading Valentine Lingerie's financial reports was "By reading those I can see that you were very lucky to have met Mandy Winger." Then Bruce Harvey told her that men who were in the business Valentine was in long enough were jaded by seeing so many beautiful women half dressed. Being jaded to the point that seeing beautiful women in lingerie got no reaction from them anymore except in the case of Mandy Winger. After all those years in that business, Mr. Valentine still had what Harvey described as "a buzz-on" for Mandy Winger." Harvey continued: "That's a very rare commodity."

No matter where she went, no matter who she talked to, nobody had anything but good things to say about Mandy Winger and it drove Sue Ellen crazy!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  3. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +909
    Harve Smithfield: It was Bobby's wish that until Christopher reaches the age of consent his shares in Ewing oil are to be administered by his Mother, Pamela Barnes Ewing!

The look on JR's face said it all. :)

4. southfork88

southfork88 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    A memorable scene. Oscar !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,754
    Medals:
    @Kenny Coyote Not fact at all. Beauty is the eye of the beholder and I'm afraid Mandy's ugly, self involved vacant personality could never outshine Sue Ellen's beauty. The fact is, and it IS actually a fact, that JR chose Sue Ellen and Sue Ellen far triumphed while Mandy became a distant memory, only appearing in later years looking like Elvira.

The other fact is had Sue Ellen not been such a lady and told everyone who had 'such good things' to say about Mandy, that the woman was actually - in Deborah Shelton's own words (fact!) 'a manipulative homewrecker', who was sleeping with and trying to steal a married man, I'm pretty sure opinions of her would be very different. At the end of the day Mandy dug her own grave, Sue Ellen got her life and her husband back, and she sure wasn't 'intimidated' by her when she fired her ass. But it's ok, Winger got to make some trashy movies so take heart. :rolleyes:

Back to the question - I remember Jackie painting Cliff's fingernail on one day when the office was quiet :) Lovely little scene.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    "Years younger" actually is fact.

Beauty is in the eye if the beholder and I'm telling you from a man's point of view, Deborah Shelton was a better looking woman. I wouldn't claim to know who was better looking between Bobby and Mark Graison. Sue Ellen was Miss Texas in storyline only. Deborah Shelton was a Miss America and took 2nd place in Miss Universe.

Nobody can "steal" somebody from someone else. It's consensual. Sue Ellen was sleeping with other men while married to JR like Dusty and Nicholas anyway so what's the difference? There was no home to be wrecked because their marriage was already wrecked. It was a brutally dysfunctional marriage that ultimately ended in divorce years later than it should have ended.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dallas Cowgirl

Dallas Cowgirl Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    In Season 13 I remember this very insignificant exchange between Carter McKay and a workman in April's new offices for her company April Oil. At this moment it struck me how much Dallas had really changed with this subtle attempt at humor. Carter asks the workman where April was and the workman replies something like, "Ms Oil isn't in yet." The look on Carter's face says it all, no words needed for his contempt at the stupidity of the lowly worker!

• Funny Funny x 1