1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

What titles are in your Netflix/Amazon etc list?

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Willie Oleson, May 2, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Today I've watched a documentary about the Dutch dance scene, it wasn't a trip down memory lane since it focussed on the events from last 10 years.
    But it was interesting to see what's been going on: the DJs who became rockstars, the festival organization (ID&T and Q-Dance) that became a mega-corp, and was sold to a rich American (SFX Entertainment).
    With the enormous success of commercial trance and hardstyle, there was room for an underground sound, but that has evolved in the equally successful EDM genre (I never knew what it was, so I have learned something today).

2. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Almost finished season 1 of THE SHIELD.
    It's a strange mix of good drama and over-the-top entertainment. Vic's buddies are stereotypically dumb, over-sexed and fearless.
    The shaky cam is not as bad as I thought it would be, but I noticed that it's worse when I don't read the subtitles.
    Reading subtitles requires a stable focus and I prefer to watch without, but in this case it's an unexpected benefit.

It's not as good as THE WIRE, and it's not as fab as DEXTER, but overall it's a very entertaining show.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,500
    Although episode 2.2 was very "Dexter". There were a million things going on at the same time, cops sabotaging other cops - it was non-stop chaos. But very addictive.

It seems to me that Vic and his team are the ones who create the problems, and then spend a whole episode trying to cover it up.
    It's all very contrived, but oh well!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,253

Stay with it Willie, I promise you, you will very much enjoy what is to come.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 4)