What was Dynasty’s most heart-tending moment?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by Victoriafan3, May 17, 2018.

1. Laurie Marr

Laurie Marr Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I can’t recall any moment from the show that managed to rise above its cartoon tomfoolery and be genuinely moving. There’s other kinds of things to go to for that level of emotional gratification.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,481
    Yes, DYNASTY's season 1, for example. But somehow I get the feeling you're only familiar with the "Moldavia years" since most people would define that as quintessential Dynasty.
    It is part of Dynasty, but certainly not The Best Of.
    THE COLBYS had some good ones too, but hey, who's going to believe that when all they remember is the UFO?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I've been thinking about this topic since this was first posted and honestly there aren't many "moments" that come to mind. While I LOVED Dynasty, it never offered the emotional connections that were prevalent on Knots Landing. As for Dynasty, there are three scenes that standout to me--throughout the entire series--that provided emotional content:

1. Krystle and Matthew's meeting/conversation on the mountainside during the pilot episode when he told her that he no longer loved her.

2. Blake and Steven's conversation just prior to Blake and Krystle's wedding when Steven's homosexuality was revealed. (In my opinion, the BEST scene of Dynasty EVER.)

3. Al Corley's final scene ("Steven is gay") with the family in the library.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,483
    Krystle's "I loved you the best I could" speech to a drunk and sleeping Blake just before he kills Ted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,481
    Lindsay cried more tears than all the tears in Dallas, Knots and Falcon Crest.
    How is that not heartrending, huh? Huh?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Alexis and Fallon's mother daughter reconciliation in Season 2 was effective, when Alexis invites Fallon to her studio after Fallon's rejected by Nick, and then tells Fallon to cry and let it all out.

Also when Alexis saves Amanda from suicide.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sarah Danner

Sarah Danner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +83
    For me, when Fallon didn't go ahead with the abortion. Blake asks, "Oh, honey, what have you done?" She answers (paraphrasing), "I couldn't do it, daddy. I'm going to have your grandchild".

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,406
    I always thought Adam and Kirby weeping over their miscarried baby was sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +37
    How I forgot about this scene, I do not know...it has always been a favorite also. Actually that entire episode is one of my favorites, with the scene at the jewelers and then back at the house in the library...the way the camera circles around Blake and Krystle as she begins to talk about how he knew about everything all along. I love it! And Joseph telling her "I belong here, you don't."

Linda Evans was just spectacular during season 1!

I had to watch the episode again today. Of course I kept watching into the next episode and at the very beginning when Krystle returns to the mansion, her reunion scene with Blake is touching too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,374
    Blake and Adam in the chapel, with Blake having just heard what a monster Adam was and then having to feel sorry for him losing his child (and Adam saying he will probably lose her for his crimes) was a great scene also.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. phil colby

phil colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +119
    And after Adam told Blake the truth about Jeffs poisoning, Blake drove to Alexis and appologised for accusing her, having no feelings for her children and Alexis was really touched...one of Blake and Alexis`most tender scenes ever.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,374
    While the idea was great, there was something I didn't like about this scene--it really should have been the culmination of an arc, a peak, yet...
    I have seen Forsythe be better on DYNASTY yet in this scene either the dialogue or the direction were not very powerful. And after blaming Alexis for cold-blooded murder, to actually have to go back and admit not only he was wrong about her--but also about keeping her away from her children since she proved she could sacrifice herself for them and take the blame. I just wanted it to be something forceful and epic, and it just is not up there. I don't much like Collins/Alexis in that scene either--she forgives Blake too easily when really his one big assumption about her as a mother proves wrong. Instead they quickly kiss and make up.

13. phil colby

phil colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +119
    But it represents quiet nicely the love and hate relationship between Blake and Alexis and they really care for the children...

14. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,374
    Well, I saw neither love nor hate in the scene--just lukewarm feelings. I guess it is an issue of perspective.