What was/were your favourite season(s) for each main character?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Chloe-Fusco, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    Medals:
    For each of the main characters, in which season or seasons did you like and enjoy them the most?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing World Cup of Soaps Moderator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,955
    Medals:
    This is difficult but here are my initial thoughts.

Emma - season 1 - I preferred her when she was confused and scatty over Uncle Jason's death.
    Julia - season 3 - Loved her as the psycho nun.
    Chase - season 4 - he was moderately more interesting and less sanctimonious when he almost had an affair with Connie.
    Cole - season 2 - because this was when his love triangle with Lance and Melissa was the most interesting.
    Vicki - season 2 - during the period of her relationship and marriage to Nick Hogan she was the most interesting.
    Maggie - season 5 - especially when she was kidnapped.

Angela, Richard, Lance and Melissa I'll have to think about because they had so many great seasons.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Medals:
    All of the main characters had strong performances, particularly in the early seasons. Emma shone in the opening season, the second season belonged to Richard and the third to Julia. Then of course Jane won her Golden Globe for the part of Angela, during the 3rd season.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,874
    Medals:
    Season 3, 4 and 5 is when Angela was at her bitchy best. As we know she was always this way inclined but during these seasons she took things to another level. Maggie got a lot to do, storyline wise, with season 5 and 6 my favourites for her. It would be season 7 for Melissa. I agree about season 1 for Emma, 2 for Richard and 3 for Julia. The Gioberti kids enjoyed their top performances early on in the series.

Their father Chase was at his most interesting and versatile during the business partnership with Angela and Richard, in season 4. I also thought that Lance had a particularly fine time this season, when he had the break from Melissa and was courting sweet Lorraine. Angela’s right hand man and ever faithful sidekick Chao-Li had his best performance in the latter part of season 6 and early in season 7, when he had the health problem.

Angela catches up with Lance, in the vineyards and she gives him a telling off, (a scene from season 3, 1983-’84):

The novice vintner who could one day inherit America’s finest wine business just listens.

Angela: “I’ve told you again and again my grandfather paid for this land, with his sweat and his blood. Now every generation since have sacrificed themselves to keep this legacy alive. You can turn your back on me whenever you like but never never let me hear you say anything against Falcon Crest again.”

Lance with his sunglasses on, gets into his red Porsche 944 and speeds off. He leaves his grandmother standing, looking over all her vines.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +4,880
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Angela: Season 4
    Richard: Season 2
    Chase: Season 2
    Maggie: Season 5
    Melissa: Season 5
    Lance: Season 4
    Cole: Season 4
    Emma: Season 9
    Julia: Season 2
    Vickie: Season 1
    Peter: Season 5
    Phillip: Season 2
    Terry: Season 5

• Like Like x 6
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,148
    Medals:
    But it's also a lot of fun to watch her in season 2, knowing that she's lying all the time. And it looks very convincing because the actress didn't know yet that she had dunit.
    This kind of two-facedness is even more psycho than her complete insanity in season 3 (with the benefit of hindsight, of course).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +580
    Medals:
    Angela - season 1, 2, 3 and 4. I felt she was weakened by the Rossini storyline of season 5, at least in the beginning.
    Chase - season 2, 4 and 5.
    Lance - season 4, 5 and 6.
    Emma - season 1, 5 and 9.
    Melissa - season 5 and 7.
    Richard - season 2, 4 and 6.
    Julia - season 2 and 3.
    Cole - season 1, 2 and 4.
    Vickie - season 2.
    Terry - season 3, 4 and 5.
    Maggie - season 4, 5 and 6.
    Chao-Li - season 6 and 7.
    Peter - season 5 and 6.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Medals:
    Anna looked a bit menacing at times c/w blackthorn stick, didn't she? Imagine Angela, Jacqueline Perrault and Anna Rossini on the screen together, in good ole FC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Julia's Gun

Julia's Gun Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Angela - Season 3. She was like JR that year, so naughty and scheming especially towards Chase, blackmailing that doctor when he was in hospital. I did so love her character.
    Richard - The year he married Terry, season 5 I think. I liked when they brought out his humourous side more.
    Chase - Season 2. His detective work went on a bit but I still liked him at that point.
    Julia - Every year!, but particularly 4, with her surprise return and then Riebmann kidnaps her.
    Maggie - 5 & 6 with her most dramatic opening credit spin and those numerous brain injuries...
    Emma - 8 & 9 she was one of the few high points of the later years, and her character was one of the strongest written.
    Cole - Season 2. He was a cutey that year. What did Julia have against him? That bit of the plot never made much sense to me.
    Lance - Season 4. His acting started to improve with that court case story.

I miss this show.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +670
    Medals:
    Of course and Chao-Li there too, in the middle of the three grandmothers. This could have been a high point FC scene.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +559
    Medals:
    There should have been a contest between the three grandmothers. If only Anna Rossini was there a year earlier. This could have been a most memorable Falcon Crest moment and great fodder for some comedy shows. Who would win? There was ultimately only one winner in the whole series and she had a study and liked a glass or three and a mouth like you wouldn't believe.

• Funny Funny x 2