Dallas Character What was/were your favourite season(s) for each main character?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Victoriafan3, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,728
    I borrowed this idea from the Falcon Crest forum and thought it was fun...For each of the main characters, in which season or seasons did you like and enjoy them the most?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Victoriafan3

Victoriafan3 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,728
    To get the ball rolling...

Pam - I liked her best from the episode she separated from Bobby, all the way through to her finding Bobby in the shower. She had a vulnerability and a determination and strength especially 84-85 and the first half of the dream season

J.R. - he was at his dastardly worst around the time he mortgaged Southfork and building up to the time he got shot (the first time) and even he tried to put Sue Ellen in the sanitarium again, and when he tried to stop Sue Ellen taking John Ross from Southern Craaaws. By the time he got shot a third time though, he was getting a bit ho hum. How many many times can they shoot this guy with practically no injuries? He obviously was wearing his best bullet proof vest that night he visited Sue Ellen ;-)

Miss Ellie - obviously the season of mastectomy and I enjoyed her in the season she was forming a slow bond and friendship with Clayton

Donna - the dream season. A1, top notch. Susan should’ve got a Emmy nod. She shone in 85-86

Bobby - I liked him best in 84-85. Patrick conveyed such loss and sadness about Pam. Really touching and believeable and a nice, slow build up to them getting back together

Ray - the dream season aswell. Loved this Ray! Supportive, raw, real, great dad and committed husband. Top notch Steve

Sue Ellen - the dream again. Especially the first half. Linda’s performance was outstanding and great to see Sue Ellen lose her glam mode and find even greater depths in her character than she usually does. Go Linda!

Lucy - 82-83 where she was with Mickey. Her best story. Really enjoyed it and wish they had got married and her pregnant to him before the accident. Oh well

Clayton - I enjoyed him romance with Miss Ellie but also the season with his unrequited love got Sue Ellen. Howard was a tall man but he played understated and subtle very well

• Like Like x 2
  3. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +4,880
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    (Classic numbering)
    Pam: Season 5
    J.R.: S. 2
    Bobby: S. 5
    Miss Ellie: S. 2
    Sue Ellen: S. 2
    Jock: S. 1
    Clayton: S. 6
    Cliff: S. 2
    Ray: S. 6
    Donna: S. 4
    Lucy: S. 2
    Kristin: S. 2
    Katherine: S. 6
    Afton: S. 3
    Jamie: S. 7
    Jack: S. 8
    Mandy: S. 7
    Cally: S. 11
    James: S. 12

Jenna who? Charlie who? April who? :spinning::D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,432
    Medals:
    Miss Ellie - season 2 original - thanks to mastectomy and followed closely by S5 and the fight for Ewing Oil and breaking jocks will

Pam - I liked Pam thro S6 original when she is separated from Bobby and S8 dream season - and she never looked more stunning

Sue Ellen - s8 dream season and when she let John Ross stay on SF with JR, she had finally grown up and didnt put herself first. I also liked bitchy Sue Ellen of S1 and her fling with Cliff and who is the babys father to her drunken crash and giving birth.

Lucy - Series 5 and 6 with Mickey, it brought out the best in CTs acting

Jock - s3 when things begin to fall apart with Miss Ellie and Bobby is annoying him and he comes away with 2 classics I am takapa and real power is something you take - a real presence

Clayton - S5 and 6 and romancing Miss Ellie with some drama and angst from her boys especially JR and mad bad jessica, also liked his friendship with ray

Cliff - I loved S1 - 2 Cliff, affair with Sue Ellen, hatred of the ewings, trying to get the better of JR

Donna = S8 dream, she was wonderful in this series, losing her child and dealing with it

Bobby - S6 - 7 after losing Pam when her mother dies, to Thanksgiving Square and letting her go, to winning her back in swan Song

Jenna - I liked early Jenna in S6 when Bobby met her at Billy Bobs and her performance that year

lol I enjoyed and its the only thing i enjoyed about S13 which sucked! April went to Paris and was thankfully shot, died and was no more!! its about the only thing i recall from the crap year of Dallas and i did cheer!! Go Jordan go!

• Like Like x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    J.R. - Season 5 was my favourite for his character; his divorce from Sue Ellen, his denial of Jock's death... all of his storylines really allowed Larry to portray varied emotions.

Sue Ellen - I always think of season 9, the dream season, as Sue Ellen's season because her character experienced so much growth and it's such a shame that was all cast aside, in order to have an actor return, who didn't actually add any excitement to the show in the subsequent seasons.

Bobby - I really liked season 4, which was probably the only season for Bobby that his storyline didn't revolve around two women obsessing over him.

Pam - Season 7 was probably best for Pam, in my opinion. (A close second is season 2 Pam.) I really enjoyed Katherine's duplicity, especially in the early episodes of the season like "The Letter" and it was nice to see her carve out a life for herself separate from Bobby and the Ewing's.

Lucy - I loved Lucy in season 2. She really shone in the first few seasons, as the troublesome teen, and then it seemed the writers didn't bother with her that much - or maybe the other characters' storylines simply outshone her - until the crash and Mickey's death in season 6.

Miss Ellie - I loved Miss Ellie in season 6. I personally feel the character came into her own even more after Jock died, because she had to 'step up' as the head of the family. Also, her friendship and slow-burn romance with Clayton was really cute.

Ray - I wasn't ever really drawn to his character but probably season 9, for the Down's syndrome storyline.

Donna - As much as I enjoyed her storyline in the dream season, I'd say I enjoyed her more in season 5 when she wrote the book and had issues with Ray (and the entire family's) denial about Jock's (life and) death.

Cliff - Season 2 was his best season; it was one of the few times he seemed like an actual threat to J.R. and the company and of course the affair with Sue Ellen.

• Like Like x 1