1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Dallas TNT' started by stevew, Nov 7, 2016.

1. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    I know many of you will say nothing, end it and get over it or start over or something like that. BUT what I'm looking for is if they continued from where they left off (and they didn't ignore the 2 movies because I'm opposed to any of that bs). I'm thinking if the show picked back up in 2018 what would you like to see? Please bullet point or number your ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    For me 3 must does:

1) Chris and Pam didn't die
    2) JRs master piece was really a master piece (created Ewing Oil after his death from taking control of Ewing global, Ryland transport and west star with Harris back in prison)
    3) John Ross and Pamela back together with young children - John Ross more like Jock. Pamela more like Rebecca Wentworth.

And one that doesn't need a bullet point and stands without any discussion: the interior or South Fork returned!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,482
    1. Katherine didn't "die" and comes back. But she becomes good instead of evil. Although she does end up siding with what's left of the Barnes family in a battle against the Ewings. But she's not spiteful towards them. 2. John Ross' sister is Katherine's daughter! She gets caught in the middle of the feud due to having legal ties to both families and is pressured from both of them about who she should side with. 3. John Ross shows more of his evil side in business. 4. John Ross and Pamela Rebecca get back together. 5. Nicholas Trevino dies. 6. Elena dies. 7. Harris Ryland goes back to how he was before Mama Ryland took center stage. 8. John Ross gets Ewing Global (Energies?) back from Bobby and Sue Ellen. 9. Ann leaves Bobby for Harris. 10. Sue Ellen becomes governor. 11. Ray, Donna, and Lucy return. 12. Margaret and Lucas appear. 13. Christopher didn't die.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    Sounds good except I want Harris in prison as it was part of JRs plan. And I can't see John Ross evil but I see him stronger and more capable. I always saw Chris as the evil one. But that's just me. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    Got thinking about it, I like you John Ross as "evil" in business idea. We never did get to see Jock as much of a businessman other than meddling here and there. I could see John Ross skirting the ideas of moral to make his fortune. Especially as I could see Pamela agreeing with him on what he does as nothing personal, "just business." If JRs masterpiece had been a masterpiece John Ross would have a leg up running one of the world great energy companies.

Add to that Chris being bitter he lost control of his methane patten and you've got one pissed off and willing to go evil cousin. I'd send Bobby on a wild goose chase to find Pam so he's not involved and give Chris 1/2 of South Fork - an have him living in the house out back and let the two battle it out - two businessmen willing to do what it takes to win. Sort of Jock verses JR. Sue Ellen could move in to help with grand-babies and play the older matriarch figure trying to rein in piece in the family. Bobby can return here and there to reign in the fight.

So who goes with Chris? Someone who suffers with his scheming against his cousin like an Elena (hurt by Chris, still in love with John Ross, hated by Pamela) or someone new and just as capable of going "evil?" Maybe Jeremy Wendells granddaughter - who's also Punk and Mavis Anderdsons got anddaughter Amy Anderson?

Just some ideas. What do you think? How "evil" should they go?

6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,808
    This will take careful and considered thought and since I'm about to head off to work I'll ponder my scenarios while dealing with feral customers :mad:

Just one thing; the problem with Dallas TNT was that the producers were told to ignore the reunion movies. This poor advice left a stain on Dallas TNT from the beginning. So instead of the writers continuing with the story from 1998 they backdated it to when we left the Ewing family in 1991. I personally thought this idea was dumb and I was proven correct when the writers thought it clever to have Christopher marry his cousin.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Don Howard

Don Howard Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +354
    1.) Free Cliff
    2.) Free Wendell
    3.) Cameos from Sly & Phyllis

• Like Like x 2
  8. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    Couldn't agree more. That was a stupid move - basically you're playing basketball saying we don't care what you do but you can't use your right hand. I can't even figure out why they'd make that call - there must be a reason.

9. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    I agree except I don't want JRs master piece ruined so for me I'd want them to figure out a way around it with Cliff. As for Wendell, was he in jail somewhere? Did I forget something? Agree I'd like to see him if the next generation of Wendell's.

10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,808
    The moment I heard this NEWS and this was prior to the first episode being screened my gut feeling was this is asking for trouble. I'd love to have the opportunity to sit down with Cynthia Cidre and conduct an honest interview about the failure of her version of Dallas. Now when I say that I wouldn't conduct the interview in some mean spirited way but I would start by saying there are millions of fans around the world that were huge fans of the original series run but could not connect with her version, so let's address that in an honest and frank way.

The problem of course is this would never happen. Creative types and organizations are not open to fair and honest criticism. I will also state those other Dallas fan sites that were privileged to be granted interviews were not forthcoming in asking the tough questions. Some of course danced with the issues but in the end no one was asking, no one was listening...so of course Dallas was killed off by those same executives who were probably the same people that said to Cynthia, "Ignore those reunion movies."

• Like Like x 1
  11. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    Would love to see an investigative report: Dallas 2012, What Cause The Fall of the House of Ewing?

12. Elizabeth Ewins

Elizabeth Ewins Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +61
    If Dallas came back in 2018.Well I am sure that I want no Cidre. I also want some unemployed daytime soap opera writers who are huge fans of the original Dallas. Someone else to play christopher. A better southfork set for the interior.No Elena or Ramoses.No rylands. Just focus on Ewings. I want Lucy to have a family.I want it to be like the original Dallas where they have family relationships and rodeos and sit down to dinner.No crime show!

• Like Like x 1
  13. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    I agree and like the Lucy idea. What if we had:

John Ross and Pamela with young kids at Southfork. Bobby goes off to find Pam. Sue Ellen goes back to London (lots of opportunities to visit). John Ross runs Ewing Oil and Pam runs Ewing Enterprises.

Chris move out back and has a revolving list of girls. He works for West Star's Alternative Energy Division. They fight for control of West Star. And the Wendell's tell the story of how JR destroyed Jeremy so a fued is established, Wendells v. Ewings.

And Lucy moves into South Fork as the flamboyant cousin, mistress of the house. Bobby leaves her his 1/2 of the house with Chris his 1/2 of the ranch. She takes the role between the two boys.

Then for a touch of irony we get a letter from JR: JR raped Val and Lucy is really his daughter (hence John Ross's sister) and Chris is actually his son (the paternity test was tampered with). In addition to money left to James Beaumont and Beau Harper JR leaves his 30% of West Star to his 3 kids. JRs three kids at South Fork - two of them fighting over West Star - 1 in the middle totally on the side of both brothers. And David Wendell with 10% of West Star and his brother Andrew with another 10% - and Lucy and Andrew cozy up.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  14. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,600
    Medals:
    I liked the first part, especially that Chris didn't die and that Lucy comes back. But I really hate the idea of JR raping Val so that Lucy is his daughter, as it ruins Gary & Val's relationship. Also it was already done in the Lee Raintree Dallas book many years ago and I hated that plot then and I still do now. :(

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    Thank you. I thought I heard somewhere that was the original idea for JR with Lucy from David Jacobs, but I could be wrong and maybe this Lee Raintree source was where I heard about it.

I used the idea just so it made sense that JR spit his West Star shares among the three to set up a fight with Lucy in the middle. I'll try and think of another idea how they become equal investors in West Star. Any idea?

16. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,600
    Medals:
    Maybe Lucy got her shares in Weststar from someone else in the company?
    Was JR the only person who had shares in the company?

17. stevew

stevew Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Medals:
    I like the idea. John Ross gets his shares from his father. Chris buys his shares with his mother's money. And Lucy was married to one of Jeremy Wendell's son (but retained the Ewing name). Two other Wendell sons set up a Ewing-Wendell fued.