What's ahead for Liam?

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by Michael Yule Torrance, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    I have liked Liam (character and hunky actor) from the beginning, but I am curious as to what the plans are for him. Both he and Michael seem to serve just as Fallon's love interests with no business of their own. I mean, how did Culhane get that ring? What does Liam do all day long now that his book won't be published?

I think of Liam as an attempt to create a real nice guy in love with Fallon, since Jeff Colby managed to out-jerk even the original Jeff Colby, but unless he is more than "a real nice guy" I don't think he has a future--and I also don't want that future to have him turn into a shady character.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    I think it would be nice if Liam remained a nice guy, if only to add up the number of nice/sympathetic characters on the show.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Kristin Kringle Channing

Kristin Kringle Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,398
    They should definitely keep Liam around. He's fast becoming one of the main reasons I watch the show. He is a little ray of light in among all the bitching and backstabbing. He's charming, funny and charismatic, and I do actually find myself becoming invested in him and Fallon getting together. Whereas I couldn't really care less about her and Michael.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    That's a good question. I think there's a possibility, especially since Liam's a recurring character, that maybe he's only meant to be short term and he might stick around for only this season. I think the Van Kirks might be the main antagonists for this season and once their arc is finished, they may simply disappear and another antagonist will take their place. I definitely think there needs to be some skeletons in his closet somehow, maybe some dirty secrets from his past like having a gambling or drug addiction. Maybe he had a very wild and crazy past that Fallon might not know about. He definitely seems to be way too perfect and too good to be true and in soaps that usually means that person has something to hide.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Emeleez Navidad

Emeleez Navidad Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,106
    Him not being in the opening could mean that he won't stick around very long. But then again, Monica isn't in it either. Probably because she's not on every episode.

6. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I find it curious that he wasn’t moved on contact as well. He was well received last season and honestly I expected them to kill Michael in the finale and focus on Liam and Fallon as a couple. I prefer Fallon with Michael so I’m not saying that’s what I wanted, but I did expect it.

It looks like he’s a firm part of the canvas, but still being on recurring at this point leads me to suspect a twist we don’t expect. I still say he could be Adam and that’s the reason for the slow burn with him potentially sleeping with Fallon.

7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,573
    I hope not. The window for him turning out to be Adam has passed. I mean, I guess I wouldn't mind if that did happen, but still...

8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    I'm not sure what's in store for Liam but I hope they keep him around. I've read with interest from others how they find Liam one of the nice guys but I find him a little unsettling - at times. Is he a good guy?

9. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    It is possible for one to be a nice guy and have done some stupid things earlier. Before it went insane, REVENGE on ABC had Daniel Grayson be a nice guy in season 1, but one who was involved in the cover up of a drunk driving accident at a young age. So Liam can have a back story, as long as it is not one of those 180 degree switcheroos this show loves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The fact they haven’t slept together still gives me some hope he’s Adam. No one believes Adam is still alive after Alexis’s scheme(which no one else knows about), so it would be a good plot twist. I think he’d be a half brother though. Alexis slept with the guy who Van Kirk who just died. It all comes out in his will. He’s actually Liam’s father and Alexis is his mother. He leaves everything to them. Far fetched but who knows at this point. It would kinda bring the whole Cecil giving Alexis everything into play though. She can’t just go on being white trash. Especially the way they are honoring the original. It’s a different way to get Alexis to the top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,625
    This would be cool except it would mean Uncle Van Kirk was perfectly happy with his son being married to his half-sister. He was a freak but I don't think he was THAT freaky.

All this hinges on what the autopsy finds, of course. If they can't prove homicide (like he had a heart attack or something) then it will be a lot harder for weird villainess lady to sell the idea to Michael that Fallon will go down for a murder she didn't commit unless he goes along with her plans (whatever those plan are).

12. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    After the whole Steven reveal last night, I also have a sneaking suspicion that Liam may be Fallon's half-brother, but he won't turn out to be Uncle Max's son. I think he may be Blake and Laura's illegitimate child; I think it's possible that right after Liam was born, either Blake or Alexis, (assuming she even knew about this hypothetical affair), arranged to have Liam taken away from his mother and he was renamed "Adam".

Then when he was six months old, Laura probably hired a bunch of men to kidnap Adam/Liam in order to get her son back and did everything possible to make sure that he was never found. She probably even threw in a fake finger prop just to make sure that it looked like Adam was dead and Blake and Alexis would just simply give up hope. But "Adam" might be right in front of them the entire time. Maybe Alexis and Blake had trouble having a baby and Blake might have stolen Liam in order to give his wife what she truly wanted.

So in a way Liam might turn out to be Adam but technically he isn't actually Adam because that's the name that the Carringtons gave him.

Not to mention that Liam mentioned that his mother had a nervous breakdown. That probably was a reaction to losing her son to the Carringtons. She also might hate her son because he's s constant reminder of her affair.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  13. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    I must say, old Adam was a combination of Alexis' and Blake's worst character traits. Liam doesn't seem to have any of the peach couple's elements.
    He is just a thinker...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,864
    ^
    What a poignant display of "character", there's just so much going on.

If Fallon can't choose between Liam and Michael then I guess the story is going to choose for her.
    And since Michael is involved with this shady...something, it looks like he's going to be the next casualty. Unless they want to twist it and make Liam the unexpected victim.

Or maybe it's a build-up to a cartel-threatens-everyone climax (season finale).

15. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    So much beneath the surface indeed.

Culhane was decent and sane in season 1, but he is becoming a red shirt fiancée fast. It's like all the effort the show put into making him the choice for Fallon in season 1 now goes into Liam, yet Culhane is in the title sequence and Liam isn't, so I sadly think they may end up using Liam as an obstacle the "true couple" will overcome. Kinda like Miles Colby in THE COLBYS (you know, if Miles were less of a rapist and Jeff were less of a jerk).

16. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    I wouldn't be so quick as to dismiss Liam as Fallon's ultimate true love. I think it's very apparent from the last couple of episodes that the writing is on the wall for Fallon/Michael and it's only a matter of time before they inevitably break up. The question isn't when but how. I feel like the show has completely lost interest in Michael as a whole and his current storyline is his official swan song so to speak. Of course if my speculations are all correct, then Michael will be the third character to be written off within the last 6 months. Each episode that goes by, I am wishing more and more that Michael had left town or had gotten killed off in the fire. And maybe I would be able to tolerate the whole Liam story a lot more if it wasn't so insultingly stupid and bland.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  17. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +577
    And, a chameleon, I bet. Not a stir-crazy Claudia type. Evil. A psychopath who has the best and worst traits of Joel Abrigore and Sean Aynders.

Agree.

18. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +577
    What is the whole Liam story, pray tell. I know I didn't miss the one-night stand that never happened.

19. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +126
    @Zable Gee I don't know... basically Liam's character arc thus far pretty much consists of him marrying Fallon right off the bat just minutes after meeting her, (under a false name, mind you), then after he gets exposed for the fraud that he is, he then writes a manuscript that supposedly contains details about his very dysfunctional and very rich family, and then we are introduced to his creepy and perverted uncle for only one or two episodes until he somehow croaks, and then we get introduced to his psycho and verbally and possibly emotionally AND psychologically abusive mom, and on top of that we are dealing with a bizarre fake marriage that they have to uphold just so Fallon can complete the sale of Carrington Atlantic to the Van Kirks.

The fact that Liam's screen time primarily consists of being with Fallon virtually all the time and that the writers pretty much tossed aside any potentially interesting stories with him and/or his family basically makes me not want to invest in him at all. And it also just has occurred to me that I've also forgotten that Liam was a professional writer at one point. Why couldn't they come up with a story about his career instead of having him waste so much time with Fallon?

20. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Because for half a scene they would have created some tension with Fallon and the audience thinking they figured Liam out, "wow, he is a journalist creep," and then "twist" our expectations. Such a two minute gratification justifies actual character background development in the eyes of peach Dynasty show-runners.