What's on your Christmas Day viewing list?

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Ome, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,376
    Traditionally we always watch TOP OF THE POPS, CORONATION STREET & DOCTOR WHO.

I haven't seen any of the scheduled programmes yet and we have a gap where DOWNTON ABBY once lived.

Are there any special shows you're looking forward to?

2. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,420
    Nothing really on Christmas Day. We celebrate much more on Christmas Eve in Sweden. There are traditional things on TV at Christmas, but I have started skipping most of these in recent years.

This year though, I think I will finally sit down and watch the annual broadcast of Karl-Bertil Jonsson's Christmas. I recently read the short story that it's based on and I realized that I have never seen the TV-version! So I am set on correcting that this year.

3. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,031
    Looking through The Radio Times, not a lot. Probably Skyfall on ITV2.

Swami

4. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Champian

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,186
    I'll watch whatever is on the other channel when Mrs Brown's Boys is on BBC1.

5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,798
    Here in America, there are several cable channels that air endless (well, twelve-plus hours) footage of a fire burning in a fireplace. It's strangely soothing, kind of like watching fish in an aquarium, and of course popular with people who might otherwise not be in a place where they can have the real thing. It's likely done as a cheap alternative to original programming (they can play it every year, and who's going to notice it's a repeat?), but if you're like me and just have the TV on as background while doing other things, it's a good alternative.

The only thing I'm going to make an effort to see is Doctor Who.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,467
    Due to the time difference the Doctor Who Christmas special actually airs on Boxing Day (December 26) here.

On Christmas Day itself there's not much to draw me in.

7. Payton Cross

Payton Cross Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    On my first Christmas day, I'm vising my parents, so there will not be a lot of TV being watched, but on the second Christmas Day I'm finally alone, and then I'll watch some movies and some series.

I am now looking at the last third season of Dallas TNT, so I hope that on the second Christmas day I can watch the last few episodes.
    Furthermore, I planned to see Titanic again on Netflix, and if I still need to watch Star Wars: The Forsce Awakiens also on Netflix, I have not seen this part yet.

So I think my Christmas day viewers list will looking something like this. and of course a lot of food and drinks. :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  8. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,346
    I'm not a big TV watcher, but will probably dip into The Queen and The Highway Rat.

I'd quite like to watch 300 Years Of French & Saunders but it's on past my bedtime, so I'll catch it on iPlayer another day.

9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,954
    I haven't made any plans, I want to surprise myself. Maybe I'll take a mini-break from my regular seasons binge watching (usually one series at a time, like I would read only one book at a time) and watch a classic mini-series or a Sapphire & Steel story.
    Or listen to all my new CDs.

10. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,346
    I got to watch both. Actually, I've watched more TV today than I remember ever doing at Christmas, which is traditionally when the TV has stayed off for family time, games and the like.

In addition to the two shows above, I also watched and enjoyed Cinderella, Doctor Who, The Snowman And The Snowdog and Christmas Night With The Stars 1972.

11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,376

It's been a fantastic year for music, and yet TOTP didn't reflect that at all, quite disappointing.