Which Alexis hairdo (wig)?

Discussion in 'Dynasty' started by nolanmillercollector, Feb 5, 2017.

?

Which short Alexis hairdo (wig) represents Alexis for you?

1. Season 4 "Flipped"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Season 5 "Poodle doo"

26.7%
  3. Season 6 "Blonde highlets helmet head"

6.7%
  4. Season 6 "Short and sassy"

33.3%
  5. Season 7 "Mullet"

33.3%
  1. nolanmillercollector

nolanmillercollector Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Which season's Alexis short hairdo (wig) do you think of when you think of the character? Alexis' wig style changed every season, sometimes multiple times in one season... I'm wondering, which hairstyle do you think of when you think of the character of Alexis?

#01.jpg

#11.jpg

#9.jpg

#10.jpg

#12.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    I hate the "blonde" and the "mullet". And I don't really care for the "poodle" either. Not too big a fan of "flipped" either... which would leave "short", and yet that I'm not too fond of either. :lol:

Really, my favorite Alexis hairdos were from seasons 2, 3 and 9 when it was nice and long. Oh yes, and in season 7 during the Singapore storyline. :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Chippie

Chippie Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I did not like Alexis with short hair at all - unattractive and made her look older - I prefer Alexis's hair in season 2 or on the rare occasions Joan did not wear a wig and her natural hair was pulled back

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jermaine

Jermaine Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +23
    If I have to choose I'd pick the short wig from season 6. Alexis' hair looked the best in season 2. That's the Alexis I (choose to) remember! :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. nolanmillercollector

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Alexis only had long hair for 2 full seasons. And short hair for almost 5 full seasons. Interesting that all of you think of Alexis with long hair.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    She had long hair for 3 seasons: 1, 2 and 9. And for a time in season 7, it was long again. And it was during those times that she had some of her most "beloved villain" moments.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nolanmillercollector

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Ked, season 9 she had short hair and long hair back and forth. In season 7 it was long for maybe 4 episodes.

I personally don't like the short hair. I agree, it aged her. But to me the short hair is what I think of when I think of the character. Any caricature or spoof of Alexis or Dynasty, the person playing Alexis has the short dark hair.

8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    Did it? I remember in a lot of scenes her hair was long, but in some of them it was merely pulled into a ponytail or bun right below her mullet. I guess I assumed that's how it was all season.

Yes, and everyone remembers those episodes. ;)

Isn't that because the middle years of Dynasty are more remembered by the general public, though?

I didn't mind her hair becoming short in season 4, but by mid season 5 it should gone back to long. In season 6, when she goes on a rampage against Blake, I'd have it become short again, as a sort of signal of how off-the-edge she's become. By mid season 7 its long again, and pretty much stays long.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,611
    The best hair -- in Seasons 2 and 3 -- is not a part of the poll! (haven't seen 9 yet)

From the options given, I'd easily go with the Season 6 short, but I have always thought that the short hair was a mistake in general. I agree, however, that that was the image most associated with Alexis.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    Yeah, so far the "short and sassy" style has received the most votes (even I ended up voting for it). I guess I chose it because I can associate more fondness with it than the others; that hairstyle was during Alexis' Reign of Terror when she was her most ferocious, her most determined, her most ruthless... and I loved it. :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,611
    That's definitely part of it! I also think it just looks better than that atrocious Season 4/5 crap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nolanmillercollector

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Short and sassy is the most timeless (if you could even call it that), and least 80s on steroids look... Less poofy and more sleek. Though Alexis is kind of known for her exterior being all things poofy... hair, shoulder pads, dresses, etc....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,065
    Must be why the poofs love her. Makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    :lolo:

15. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    Her hair in S2 and S3 were wigs, too. I preferred S2 to S3, because although very similar, there was a soft naturalness about her hair in S2, while in S3 her bangs were all spikey and too severe.

I didn't mind her haircut in S4 in 1983 (just as I didn't mind Sue Ellen's, as they could both pull it off) but I have a fondness for Alexis' slightly longer poodle mullet from S5 -- that, and her make up, and Michel Hugo's ever-so-slightly frosted camera lens that year, I just thought was her best look over all, S5.

I hated her late-S6 squirrel's nest short-short cut at the time, but the super-splotchy, grainy, washed out visuals which kicked in at the same time just made everything look like utter feces. (Many folks have no idea how the DVDs for S6 are infinitely superior to the original broadcast prints in 1986. Same for S7).

I like the permed mullet look she wore off and on from S7 thru S9, especially once the picture improved. But then I wore my hair exactly the same way.

16. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,065
    Only she's not in season 1. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    D'OH! :lol: I meant Seasons 2, 3 and 9! Duh... oh yeah, and it was momentarily back to long again in Season 7 during the whole "A Love Remembered" thing...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,065
    And season 9 it does alternate between long and short.

19. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    Does it? I always thought it remained long, but she would sometimes pull it back into a ponytail or a bun.

20. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    When she cuts loose her man, she cuts her hair.