Which COLBYS would you bring back to DYNASTY and how?

Discussion in 'The Colbys' started by Michael Torrance, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,561
    I know eventually David Paulsen brought back Sable and later Monica, and somehow in the reunion they had Fallon with Miles again only to leave him for male-menopausal Jeff. But I found it curious that in S8 they did not bring back some of the characters created for the spin-off.
    Possibilities I see:

Sable--Paulsen showed us all the reasons, but having her live in California nursing a Fallon who had a psychotic break after the UFO could have worked for early S8.

Miles--because there was no hotter male on DYNASTY, and Thomson was no longer showing skin. And in the previous storyline Fallon could reconnect with him.

Garrett Boyd: it would have given Dominique a storyline, and could have kept the pipeline plot going which was all but forgotten.

Monica: She should have been brought on as someone Adam has a fling with and leaves pregnant, and she is determined this time to keep the baby--a much better storyline than the surrogacy and touching upon old wounds.

Philip: He was written as too villainous too fast, but he would have been an interesting one to come and get in the mix with Alexis, and maybe help Sean's revenge, maybe chart his own plans.

Fallon: obviously, but I would have kept her in California a bit, and since it is now taking place on DYNASTY she can finally interact with Krystle and Alexis as well. And Steven could have been more sensitive to her paranoia about kids being abducted after his experience (and grief, which we never saw) with Claudia.

Jeff: I would be happy to leave him with his biological parents in the cancellation universe.

So, who you would bring on board and how?

• Like Like x 2
  2. colbyco

colbyco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +368
    A spokesman of the show told the "Star" they thought another woman like Alexis would be too much for the show... how wrong!!!!
    I would have given Sable a reason to hate Alexis and move to Denver at the beginning of S8. Sable could have help Blake to become gouvernor. Miles could have fallen in love with Sammy Jo or Steven or both.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,801
    Medals:
    Or Jackie Deveraux?

4. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,561
    Not having Jackie burn in the La Mirage fire was the biggest mistake the producers committed in that episode.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,364
    Medals:
    I think it would have been more interesting if Dominique had a son.
    upload_2018-12-1_17-54-33.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,801
    Medals:
    As much as I hated Jackie, I love the idea of her and Miles together so that Sable and Dominique can become meddling mother-in-laws too much. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,667
    Medals:
    I would have contrived a reason for the California Colbys to rent out Cecil's Nine Oaks mansion near Denver from Alexis while Jason and his family do business in Colorado, for, like, the first half of Season 6 before spinning off.

After THE COLBYS folded, bring back to DYNASTY Jason to run against Blake and Alexis during the 1988 primary campaign, then Sable and Monica, and, for Season 10, Miles.

In my head, King Galen and Zachary Powers are the same person: Ricardo Montalbán. :lol:

And Emma Samms is a Fallmont. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,561
    The Colbys should have some established corporate presence in Colorado once the pipeline started. That would also have made it easier to bring some back into the fold once their own show folded.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,813
    Yes, he could have started an affair with Nick Kimball - the next exciting love-triangle! :spinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Sable was a good addition but I think "Dynasty" did not need more Colbys. Just like "The Colbys" did not need more Carringtons (except Caress - who was not a Carrington anyway).

In my opinion, the run for governor would have worked better in "The Colbys" with Jason (versus Cash Cassidy ? Or Cash's father ?)

And the Colby family should have been less present in season 6. The spin-off should have started at the same time than the beginning of season 6. The timing for the cross-over was good though.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1