1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Dallas Character Did You Find Most Likable?

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Kenny Coyote, Jan 19, 2020.

?

Which Dallas Character Did You Find Most Likable?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2020.
  1. Jock

25.0%
  2. Miss Ellie

18.8%
  3. JR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Bobby

6.3%
  5. Pam

31.3%
  6. Sue Ellen

12.5%
  7. Ray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Donna

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Cliff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Clayton

6.3%
  11. April

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Jenna Wade - Priscilla Presley version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Jack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Jamie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Michelle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,064
    Oh ffs @Billy Wall - she barely grazed him. And yes he deserved it. And more. I’d have aimed for his willy.

Just because an unhappy woman has an affair doesn’t mean she isn’t loveable. Life doesn’t work as perfectly as that. Of course she wanted to deny it happened with Ray. How boring life would be if we all pretended to be as perfect as Pammy.:re:

Running out on your husband and young son is much more of a sin in my book all because you didn’t like the shape of your new face.

What I have for Sue Ellen is true unconditional love. Which is real love. Your love comes with too many conditions haha (just kidding) :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  2. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator EXP: 21 Years Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Threads:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +6,064
    Rubbish! It says more to me that people are attacking Sue Ellen when JR threw a man to his death over a balcony!?!?

And anyone who truly understands her character would know that Sue Ellen would NEVER want to kill JR, anymore than he would have used that gun on her.

Be a bit deeper. I mean come on.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  3. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Actor
    Ratings:
    +5,782
    I'm not sure I can agree with any of you about Sue Ellen. "Loveable" isn't exactly a word that springs to mind to describe her. That suggests something cutesy and harmless that you'd pat on the head or squeeze the cheeks of.

But the list of examples given as to why she isn't loveable is precisely what made her so much fun to watch. She was screwed up, untrustworthy, disloyal, self-obsessed and totally, smoulderingly brilliant (except for the occasional period when she was a bit boring). But I wouldn't want to hang out with her, any more than she'd want to hang out with me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Billy Wall

Billy Wall Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +336
    They were fighting and he went over. JR didn’t exactly dump him over.

You got me defending JR. Lol

5. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Maybe it's the toxic in me - I love flawed female characters and Sue Ellen is only one in a very long list.

6. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    You are allowed to fight to protect your life from those who initiate force against you, especially intruders in your home. JR didn't want to kill him. He just wanted Pearce to leave and Pearce refused. It's as pure and simple a case of self-defense as there could ever be. You can't shoot a man for defending himself in his own home. If he's your son's father, it also shows a disregard for your son that's indefensible.

That the police couldn't decide who to prosecute shows just far things had gone downhill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jon Ewing Jr.

Jon Ewing Jr. Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +263
    I loved it when Jr whipped his butt and flipped him over that rail.

8. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,963
    Likable? Teresa always had a special place in my heart.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Chris2

Chris2 Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +532
    Sue Ellen was awful in the early episodes - shallow, nasty, selfish. She married JR for his name and position. She scorned Pam and was waiting for Jock to die so she could take over as mistress of Southfork. She had multiple affairs. She ignored her own son during the early months of his life. She gradually became more likable, yet she still shot her husband in the later years of the show.

Ellie was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. She raised another woman’s child (Lucy) while denying the mother access to her child. That is monstrous. When Valene thanked Ellie for raising Lucy, I wanted to vomit. Val should have popped her one instead. If somebody stole my child and denied me access, I would make it my mission to make that person’s life a living hell.

I always liked Pamela the best but the writers destroyed her character after the accident. So Donna wins by default. She never did anything too awful.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,981
    Even her kitchen -- the layout and the colors -- was almost identical to my grandmother's kitchen (which may be why the nonsensical design architecturally never bothered me that much, because it all seemed so familiar to me).

[​IMG]

Ah, my two grandmothers: one a blend of BBG and Judith Anderson, the other a mix of Bette Davis and Angela Channing.

11. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,963
    Well, damn.

12. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle EXP: 19 Years

Threads:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,981
    And anyone would see it, too.

13. Kenny Coyote

Kenny Coyote Soap Chat Dream Maker EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Rock Guitarist
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    I think the idea they were trying to get across is Valene thanked Ellie because she was grateful that Ellie was willing to raise her child for her since Val didn't feel capable of raising a child at 16 years old. Wasn't that the point of her thanking Ellie? I couldn't have raised a child at 16. Gary was an alcoholic and compulsive gambler while Lucy was a child too, so Val actually would have been a 16 year old mother who was, for all practical purposes, a single mother.

If they ever showed even one single scene where Val asked to visit Lucy and Ellie said "no", I'd like to know when it was. I really don't remember seeing that happen. I remember Val coming to visit and Ellie never seemed upset that Val as there. In fact, she seems glad Val was there. I think Ellie liked Val.