Which dwelling was your favourite, after FC?

Discussion in 'Falcon Crest' started by Jock Og, Mar 17, 2018.

?

Which dwelling was your favourite, after FC?

1. The Gioberti castle, with guest house.

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The spring house cottage.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Agretti mansion.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Doctor Ranson's mansion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Richard's mansion, with the balcony overlooking the valley.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Richard's mansion, with the stone exterior.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Richard's ranch type mansion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Another

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    If you could choose one of the other houses to live in apart from FC which one would it be?

Jacqueline has returned from France, for a flying visit. Angela sends Lance to the Gioberti castle with a present of wines. Chase’s mother then compares American and French wines, (a scene from season 1, 1981 – ’82):

“Well I won’t compare those with my Bordeaux.”

Chase: “There are some good wines coming from Falcon Crest now mother.”

Jacqueline: “Well for California I’m sure but for here wine is a business and in France it’s an art.”

• Like Like x 5
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    Everything in those early seasons was so spot on when it comes to interior and scenery (and that goes for the other soaps too, although Dynasty ditched its beautiful Colorado scenery rather quickly, but the Carrington mansion was always the most majestic).

The Falcon Crest mansion was consistent with San Francisco's picturesque Victorian architecture, but it's a building I would expect to find in an Australian movie, like Return To Eden or The Thorn Birds - also because the surroundings were a little bit more exotic than the other FC locations.
    But regardless of one's interpretations, it's a feast for the eyes.
    upload_2018-3-17_17-52-1.png
    Emma's wonderful tower room in Peyton Place colours, I thought it had a whiff of surrealism à la Willy Wonka.
    The spring house was also Emma's playhouse, wasn't it?

Jason Gioberti's mediëval Spanish mini-castle was a bit of a monstrosity, also because it looked like a ruin.
    upload_2018-3-17_17-52-22.png
    The charming interior (and its charming inhabitants) made for a fascinating contrast.

Falcon Crest, the peculiar mansions notwithstanding, always looked the most "American" to me. I think it had a lot to do with the countryside scenery that reminded me of family tv series like The Waltons and The Dukes Of Hazzard.
    upload_2018-3-17_17-52-54.png
    There's also something unique about the natural light, a kind of vintage yellow sunshine that I've only seen in American movies and tv series.

Carlo Agretti's Tudor style mansion is also very beautiful, but I've seen this kind of house in almost every other show.
    I *think* it's the mansion from the Aaron Spelling movie A Taste Of Evil (1971).
    The interior looks strangely cold and slippery, and the groundfloor has different levels (like Gary Ewing's fabulous beach house) which fascinates me endlessly.
    upload_2018-3-17_17-53-19.png
    It also creates the opportunity for beautiful top-angle camera shots like these:
    upload_2018-3-17_17-56-49.png

I don't really remember Richard's houses, but I would have liked to see something decadent and kitsch-y "Las Vegas", a gangster mansion in neo-Roman Empire style.
    Marble, indoor fountains, red and purple plush sofas, maybe a caged lion too?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +448
    I would choose to live in Chase and his family's ancient characterful home.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,994
    It's a toss up between the Gioberti mansion and Richard's house that overlooked the valley. I'd probably go for Richard's house for the location and stunning views.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    What season was that? I've just checked some of the season 3 episodes and the only additional mansion I saw was Michael Ranson's.

upload_2018-3-19_9-10-25.png
    I like it, but it's not that different from Carlo Agretti's house, although the interior has more warmth - kinda like a luxurious version of Dr. Rossi's mountain cottage.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Richard moved into it on episode 8 of Season 3. This was his balcony's view:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He threw a big, soapy party soon after:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    Yes I remember all his balcony business meetings with Ms. Lynch, but all these scenes start and end on the balcony.
    I've tried a few more episodes and this is the best I could find at the moment:
    upload_2018-3-19_18-58-44.png
    It looks like a chalet or something, but more "eco", like a Lotus Point building.

If someone could post a full view of this house (and its interior) that would be awesome.

I also liked Lori's apartment, it was situated in one of those "road goes up, road goes down" areas.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,994
    Welcome to my home...

2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    I think what we see in that picture is actually the second** floor (see image posted by me).
    I can't tell if that's a bedroom or living room behind those glass doors, either way it doesn't look like the main entrance.
    Nevertheless, the guests (see balcony party) should be able to move in and out without too much hassle so it seems unlikely they'd enter the bedroom first.
    Maybe they did show it in the episodes but I don't feel like checking all the other DVDs.

When did he move into the house that got bombed in the season 4 cliffhanger?

**Or is it: 1. groundfloor / 2. first floor / 3. second floor (eventhough it really is the third floor)?
    I never know how this works.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,994
    It looks to me like it would be the third floor if you include the basement/garage. And yes it wouldn't be an entrance, just a door onto the balcony. And I'd imagine that's off the living room, so perhaps the bedrooms and kitchen are on the floor below.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,982
    Aha, so it's only possible to reach the main entrance (second floor) by taking the stairs, either indoors (garage) or outdoors. Fascinating!
    And I think he and Terry should have lived in that house when the earthquake happened, you know, for maximal destructive effect.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Arlene Halloran

Arlene Halloran Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +417
    I thought it was great how the old Gioberti mini castle was as much part of the history as Villa Miravalle, aka FC. Okay it was in a bad state when Chase returned to live there but with the help of Cole, Gus and Mario he restored the place to former glory. Carlo and Melissa's mansion was ace too but not in the same league, as the Gioberti homestead.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Jock Og

Jock Og Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,206
    Richard moved into the mansion which was bombed (in the season 4 finale) one or two episodes into that year. He wasn’t a cheapskate like Cliff Barnes with his condos but at times it would have suited him better. Then again the 80’s shows were all about wealth battles and FC always done its level best, to keep up with DALLAS and DYNASTY.

Maggie resigned from her post, at the ‘KRDC’ radio station. She soon though wishes she hadn’t and goes to Richard’s office to see about getting it back. Richard obviously has writer’s block and is becoming agitated, (a scene from season 4, 1984-’85):

Maggie: “Why don’t you just leave the writing to the professionals?”

Richard: “What are you doing here? I don’t give interviews!”

Maggie: “I was wondering if your job offer might still be open.”

Richard: “It’s a little late. I’ve replaced you. You know?”

Maggie: “No, I know. I met the…ah…ah.”

Richard: “Barracuda!”

Maggie: “The barracuda at the court house and then I heard on the radio.”

Richard: “What do you think?”

Maggie: “You need me!”

Richard faces Maggie and asks if Chase sent her to spy because of the champagne poisoning incident.

Maggie: “It would take a pretty sick mind to think about putting poison in a bottle of champagne and I mean I know you’re capable of a lot of terrible things but not that.”

Richard: “Thank you….I think! Yes, the invitation still stands. Welcome back!”

Maggie: “Good. Thank you! So do I still have the same office, or is the………”

Richard: “Barracuda!”

Maggie: “Barracuda in there?”

Richard: “I fired her yesterday!”

Maggie: “You fired! Oh you stinker! If you weren’t holding my hand, I’d give you the old one-two!”

Richard: “Oh, I guess I better hold the other one too!”

They laugh.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Chloe-Fusco

Chloe-Fusco Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +405
    I've always had a soft spot, for the Gioberti place.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Falcon Crest I

Falcon Crest I Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Maggie and Chase's mansion was nice but Richard's house overlooking the valley edges it slightly.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Gioberti84

Gioberti84 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +448
    I disliked that the kitchen in the Falcon Crest mansion was never shown again, after the season #2 scene. Which of course was first and only time it featured. If anything they should have used it more, meaning more Chao-Li screen time. Emma was very fond of his Chinese dishes from recollection.:tab:

• Winner Winner x 1