Which of these items would you keep out of your home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sarah, Feb 25, 2019.

?

Spooky artifacts

1. Ouija Board

100.0%
  2. Portraits (ie Crying Boy, Titanic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Doll replica (Annabelle)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. TV (Poltergeist)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gothic stuff like gargoyles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Voodoo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I've been watching a lot of paranormal type shows/films and while watching 'Annabelle', I questioned whether I would ever have a replica of her in my house. Well, the answer is no. But it got me to think...what else would I not allow through my front door? Are you superstitious and easily freaked out? Do you believe that certain items can carry demons and bring harm on people? Have you ever had an experience where something bad has happened as soon as you bring said item into your house?

When I was a child, my grandmother gave us a painting of 'The Crying Boy' and not long afterwards, reports started to surface of houses going on fire in the UK - each of these houses had a Crying Boy portrait inside. My mum was so freaked out that the portrait was quickly disposed of.

upload_2019-2-25_12-36-2.jpeg

No amount of money could ever make me have it in my house again. Because I believe that stuff.

I've also heard rumours that having a picture of the Titanic in your home is really unlucky. Growing up in Belfast where she was built, I'm surrounded by it (I have a fridge magnet of it) so I'm not sure if I believe that one.

Do you have anything in your home that could be seen as something that would attract spirits, especially of the evil kind? What would you stay away from? I've listed some below but feel free to add your own!

2. Angela Channing

Angela Channing Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,507
    Medals:
    No, I believe people bring harm on people. I'm not at all superstitious however that crying child painting is just freaky and I wouldn't have it in my house.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +6,652
    Medals:
    I agree completely, but there are certain things I'm not sure I'd risk, either, silly though it sounds. l recall many years ago that a female friend of mine was given a copy of Colin Wilson's book "The Occult" and she claimed it set her up for 7 years of bad luck and bizarre occurrences. She gave it to me to read ("you can keep it if you want to, I don't need it back") and I kept it for 7 unpleasant years. I didn't find the book all that compelling, frankly, but, fearing it might have thrown off my karma, I gave the book to a local bookstore which buys back used books for a few pennies.

Pleased with my decision, I came home and a few days later, the book reappeared in my family's home: my mother had purchased the same book. Which created a rare moment of screeching melodrama from me as I screamed, "Get rid of that book!!", tore it to shreds, and discarded it. Mom, uncharacteristically, stood by silently.

I never regretted my actions, and the next 7 years were indeed much nicer, for what ever reason... But the girl who'd given me the book died 28 years after she gave it to me, 35 years after someone gave it to her..... all periods divisible by seven year. Colin Wilson then died 7 years after she did, and 42 years after he wrote the book.

Not that I believe in such things, but I'm just sayin'....

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,177

:omg:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +17,329
    Medals:
    Yes because every grandmother had one those kitsch paintings, the crying boy or the crying gypsy girl.
    Keep it, and your house will be haunted by Bad Taste.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,419
    Medals:
    I have a beautiful photo of a sad little girl and her dog standing by a wall. I love it.

Something that I do find too creepy to keep at home is a ouija board. Not that I really believe in their power, but it's still downright creepy!

The other items listed in the poll are ok by me. Not that I'm a huge fan of doll replicas, but they don't frighten me. Nor do gargoyles or voodoo dolls.

7. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,052
    I'm not particularly bothered by anything on the list, but I will add one thing to it which I definitely would not have in my house and that's any kind of taxidermied animal.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,419
    Medals:
    Oh... my... God!!!! :eck::eck::eck: The horror!!!! And on so many levels!

• Agree Agree x 1