Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Snarky's Ghost, Sep 12, 2017.

1. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +643
    I've seen that 1st & Ten all-in-one at a trading store called 2nd and Charles in Greenville, but have forbore from it because I wasn't sure I would like it. Do you happen to like it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,489
    I think I'm more of a Scoundrel type.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Still, even if we had a different Krystle, we’d still have had this

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012

5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,489
    OMG, Krystle was Fallon!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ClassyCo

ClassyCo Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +547
    I bought the complete series on DVD off Amazon. It was less than $7 to buy it and ship to my house. I bought it mainly because Delta Burke is in it. I've only watched the first three or four episodes. The set has the shorter syndicated episodes and a very irritating laugh track has been added. What I've seen was decent, keeping in mind that I don't know what's been left out. The laugh track I could have done without, though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. bmasters9

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +643
    The Wild Wild West (CBS condensed all-in-one of this 1965-69 CBS Western action/adventure series w/Robert Conrad and the late Ross Martin)

wildwildwest1.jpg wildwildwest2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,604
    That's a show I've never seen. I was up with all the spy shows but not so much into Westerns so I missed this hybrid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bmasters9

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +643
    I've never seen it either!

• Like Like x 1
  10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Received blu-ray box set today of Department S starring Peter Wyngarde (who died 2.5 weeks ago) and King Galen of Moldavia versus Caress Morell and Sir Anthony Hopkins. While making space for it, I found The Sweeney. Ooh! Patrick Troughton turns up and has the wife of one of the lead characters bumped off. It was stuffed behind Bognor (with Patrick Troughton), The Six Wives of Henry VIII (with Patrick Troughton as the Duke of Norfolk), Armchair Theatre (with Patrick Troughton), The Feathered Serpent (starring Patrick Troughton and Diane Keen), Foxy Lady (starring Diane Keen and Patrick Troughton), The Two of Us (with Patrick Troughton), A Family at War (with Patrick Troughton), Edward and Mrs Simpson (with Patrick Troughton), The Omen (with Patrick Troughton), Lorna Doone (with Patrick Troughton), Swallows and Amazons Forever (with Patrick Troughton), Patrick Troughton in America, and two different versions of Treasure Island that each feature Patrick Troughton.

Also found Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, which I once used to prop up a wobbly cupboard. I used to watch it purely to see Twiki
    012F73E3-F605-461F-8FED-B00F1ABE6953.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    To be honest, The Colbys is the only DVD set that I ordered and it arrived on the same day.

I got a nuisance blocker telephone to ensure that my family can’t reach me. The ones who actually un-withhold their numbers get sent to the answerphone and it says, “I’m sorry, it has not been possible to connect you. Please hang up. Thank you for calling”. The withheld numbers don’t get through to the phone at all. This stops the lovebombing and prevents the Idealise-Devalue-Discard cycle.

Following your advice, I’m proudly displaying The Colbys on a shelf now.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,489
    Do you also have this (I guess you do, you and bmasters9 seem to have everything:D):
    [​IMG]:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    I found Bewitched still sealed yesterday. I remember that I buried it away because of the shock of reading the thingy on it that says that the Nicole Kidman movie of the same name is included. This was grounds for me to brand it an atrocity and bury it away in the same way that Chadac buries away the bodies of people that Nasca (Patrick Troughton) stabs, poisons, suffocates or cuts out their heart or executes them with an axe in the children’s programme called The Feathered Serpent. And then Nasca invents a reason for their disappearance. The two black-and-white seasons of Bewitched are in colour on that set. Like that first series on The I Dream of Jeannie DVDs. I don’t know how I feel about later added colouring. My emotion inhibitors function too well.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  14. Seaviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,604
    For the most part I prefer they be left as they were but if I feel that it's something they would have done if they could then I don't mind so much. By then almost everything was in colour so either it was a cost factor or maybe they were just slow in catching up.

My IDOJ set is all in colour - the black and white first season was not released here. I've thought about ordering it from Amazon but I guess I don't care that much.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Was it sort of 1966, when they went colour? Because Bewitched was on the air from Autumn 1964 and I Dream of Jeannie from autumn 1965. In the UK, in 1965 both 30 episodes of The Baron

I might mind if it was ITC's The Saint (71 monochrome and 47 colour, four of these colour ones were two-parters and released theatrically and then not shown in their episodic format on tv again!) or ABC's The Avengers (104 monochrome and 57 colour). ITC's Danger Man (shot from 1959-60, 1964-66) had 84 episodes filmed in monochrome but the last two episodes (both written by Norman Hudis, who wrote for Carry On Films, Gideon's Way and The Man From UNCLE) were in colour and released theatrically. Strangely with the Danger Man colour episodes, while the feature version has some edits to the tv version, it also has additionally shot bridging sequences, including one that turns Burt Kwouk's friendly character from the first colour episode into a murderous villain and cult member in a matter of seconds. Whereas in the tv version, he drives Drake to the airport and waves him off. But in the feature version (Koroshi), he tries to kill Drake and so the airport scene never happens. Although ITC had experimented with colour as far back as the late 1950s, where the Americans welcomed William Russell as Sir Lancelot, so the second batch of episodes was shot in colour. ITC also shot the pilot episode of Man of the World (starring Craig Stevens, who had previously starred in Peter Gunn) in 1962 with heavy location work in Spain but the rest of the series and it's spin-off series (The Sentimental Agent, featuring Burt Kwouk...Burt throws his boss across the room in one episode...the show got him a long-running film gig with Peter Sellers) in monochrome. ITC's Stingray was in colour by 1964 and it's b/w predecessor Fireball XL5 was networked in the USA. ITC's The Forest Rangers was in colour by about 1963. The Baron (shot from July 1965-October 1966), the colour episodes of The Avengers (shot from autumn 1966-March 3rd 1969) and the 47 colour episodes of The Saint (1 in November 1965, then from February 1966 into late summer 1968) were all ordered specifically by US networks

16. Via The Void

Via The Void Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +764
    I now have all the boxsets of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Love this show just as much as Dallas, which I also have all the boxsets & movies too. :)

prisoner3.jpg

17. Seaviewer

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,604
    Yes. I think that's the year that everything US is in colour. If there are exceptions I don't know them.

Some started in 1965 - (The Man From UNCLE season 2), Batman (the first short season in the second half of the 1965-66 season), Get Smart (except for the pilot). Some were in colour as early as the 50s - Superman from season 3 (1955). I believe the first show filmed in colour was The Cisco Kid (1950-56)

• Like Like x 1
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    1965 seems about right. The monochrome 1965-66 (shot 1964-66)series of The Avengers was sold to ABC in 1966 and they financed the colour episodes to begin shooting from 1966.

I’ve also got differing versions of lots of episodes of shows too. Not counting foreign language versions with different titles, I’ve got all 26 episodes of Randall and Hopkirk Deceased with two different title sequences for each episode. What happened there was that ITC New York wanted the handprint opening titles

changed to something that explained the show in greater detail. So they put in extra footage from the first episode to show how Marty met his death and show his gravestone and had Kenneth Cope doing a voiceover that explains that only Jeff can see Marty. After that, they changed the show’s title to My Partner The Ghost. So there are three different versions of the opening titles. The handprint, the graveyard and the graveyard with the new title. I think the handprint titles (by Chambers & Partners) look nicer to me.

I’ve got at least three different versions of Kill Oscar part 2, due to putting The Six Million Dollar Man episode in The Bionic Woman package with the other two parts and the changes made to captions, titles and credits. And differing versions of The Prisoner because Network screwed up the opening titles and credits on the DVD release. As well as the different versions of Arrival and The Chimes of Big Ben. And different versions of Danger Man, because Network’s complete and uncut release has some cut episodes on it. And different versions of Danger Man as something called Secret Agent, which I have no forgiveness for.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Swami

Swami Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,594
    Today I added The Green Green Grass and Are You Being Served? to my collection.

Swami

20. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,702
    As of yesterday, XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS, the Complete Series.

Loved that it comes in a nice box with individual seasons inside (versus stacks upon stacks of DVDs with one package) and only for 37 dollars!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)