Which shows do you have the COMPLETE series for on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Snarky's Ghost, Sep 12, 2017.

1. bmasters9

bmasters9 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Saw the pictures thereof from the Amazon entry-- that's excellent packaging!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    Yes. I would have gotten it just for the price alone, but the packaging made it a no-brainer.

3. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,652
    I have Xena twice - the original Australian release in which the first two seasons each came in six separately housed discs in two black slipcases of three, and the much more attractive and compact US re-release.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J. R.'s Piece

J. R.'s Piece Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    I have Randall and Hopkirk Deceased on DVD three times and additionally on Blu-ray. The Carlton release with the handprint title sequence,. And the Umbrella Australian release with the handprint title sequence, images galleries and interviews with Kenneth Cope and Annette Andre. Also, the Network release with handprint titles on all but four episodes and the graveyard titles sloppily edited on to the remaining four (dastards!) but with a documentary on the show that reunites Kenneth Cope wth Annette Andre, has a Mike Pratt Remembered feature and extensive image galleries set to incidental music, as well as an episode of The Man in Room 17 (with Mike Patt) and Angel On My Shoulder. And I have the Blu-Ray with the graveyard credits.
    I heard from Annette Andre recently, who did a few episodes on that as Camilla Wells. Annette Andre keeps turning up in shows I like but I never ever mention her. But not turning up as much as Patrick Troughton, Basil Dignam, Ferdy Mayne (who guested on lots of British shows and then made it to Dynasty), Roger Delgado, Alex Scott and Charles Lloyd-Pack. Annette also guested on ITC's The Prisoner (which she hated doing and that is the show which led to the words "Cell Block H" being added).

• Like Like x 1
  5. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    Michael Pratt/Mike Pratt wrote for that show. He used to play music and write award-winning songs with/for Tommy Steele and Lionel Bart. He was also a busy actor in film, theatre and television, until a few months before his death from cancer on 10th July 1976 about a month after his 45th birthday. His last acting role was a stint on The Brothers with Kate O’Mara. She performed at his memorial concert. He was the father of multi-talented performer Guy Pratt.
    http://www.barnsleylinks.co.uk/mikepratt/page6.html

Mike Pratt is also remembered for being one of the stars of this show, for which he also wrote:

6. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    Does that mean you have some stray episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man featuring The Bionic Woman? Since Lindsay Wagner (I’ve met her and got her Open to Oneness CD somewhere) did nine episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man. Depending on which DVD set you have? I’ve met Lee Majors and he made a joking motion to pull my arm off, like Steve Austin did with Bigfoot. Then I had the late Deborah Watling asking me where Lee Majors was and Anneke Wills was pulling on my Bigfoot.

And the earlier DVD releases of The Bionic Woman also had an episode of The Six Million Dollar Man sneaked in there (Kill Oscar part two) but disguised as an episode of The Bionic Woman, removing Lindsay Wagner’s guest credit, so that Lee Majors doesn’t get credited on his show. And The Bionic Woman episode, The Return of Bigfoot part 2 was put in The Six Million Dollar Man package, so that Lee Majors was credited as star and Special Guest, meaning that Lindsay Wagner wasn’t credited on her show.

My first cousin once removed ascending had a crush on Firestar.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,941
    Yes indeed.

I also have the first couple of SMDM seasons on DVD - the old Playback releases. This was also the case for The Bionic Woman, but a couple of years ago I picked up a copy of the Fabulous Films complete series box, which includes the crossovers and reunions. I haven't got round to watching it yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

I suspect a lot of people's first cousins once removed ascending of a certain age had a crush on her. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    Lindsay Wagner’s first three crossover appearances in the later part of season three of The Six Million Dollar Man (following the launch of The Bionic Woman) aren’t included on that set. Only her two season four (Six Million Dollar Man season 4) major crossovers, where the story takes place on both shows, are included. Those three appearances are all one or two scene appearances. Jaime phones Oscar up in one. In the other two, Lindsay Wagner has scenes with Lee Majors. I don’t think she is credited on the first one. But she gets a guest credit for each of the other two.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,941
    Oh - that's a shame, since it looks like a lot of trouble was taken to have them as complete as possible. But obviously not quite enough trouble.

I can live without a few scenes as long as it includes the crucial stuff from SMDM such as The Bionic Woman and The Return Of The Bionic Woman stories.

Hopefully I'll get the SMDM complete set one of these days. It's so expensive though and never seems to come down in price.

• Like Like x 1
  10. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    Well, in those three episodes...
    The Six Million Dollar Man: The Secret of Bigfoot part one. Towards the end of the episode, Jaime phones Oscar from school. Oscar is up some mountain in California. Jaime offers to come up and help, since it will be the weekend, and she asks to speak to Steve. Oscar explains that Steve has gone missing and turns down Jaime’s further offer of help. Jaime looks worried after the call ends. Lindsay Wagner is uncredited for this appearance, which lasts about 1 minute 15 seconds.

The Six Million Dollar Man: Love Song For Tanya. Steve and Jaime are together at the start of the episode, spending the afternoon together watching the star of an acrobatic troupe. Within three minutes, Jaime is explaining that she has to get back to school in Ojai. Oscar says that he has a driver waiting for her. Jaime asks Steve to call her when his assignment is over. Steve says that’s what he was going to say. She leaves. So Lindsay Wagner’s guest appearance spans just under four minutes.

The Six Million Dollar Man: Big Brother. A few minutes into the episode, Jaime is Oscar’s office when Steve comes in. There is a strange sort of jingle noise when Steve and Jaime clap eyes on each other. Oscar leaves them alone. Steve and Jaime plan surprise arrangements for Jim and Helen’s anniversary in a couple of weeks and also plan to spend time together. Lindsay Wagner appears for just under two-and-a-half minutes.

Ooh! Patrick Troughton guested in Only When I Laugh. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned him. He used to poison and murder people on one of my favourite children’s shows.
    https://archivetvmusings.wordpress.com/tag/the-feathered-serpent/

Hi-De-Hi! was on the BBC. Only When I Laugh was on rival channel ITV.

11. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    You mean that you haven’t seen The Bionic Boy and his sister, Val?
    E3B93A74-7357-4B5F-AA15-972A71B1FD75.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    You mean that you haven’t seen The Six Million Dollar Man’s superspeed-learning friend, Joe?
    FAEDED64-26DA-4092-B601-32762DE5E41F.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mel O'Drama

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,941

Good lord. It's getting very Knotsy, isn't it?

I wonder what Abby would have found if she'd accepted Olivia's invitation to look inside Lilimae's cast. A non-tanning bionic arm, perhaps?!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    Yeah! Oddly enough, I’ve just been watching Julie Harris in Tales of the Unexpected.

Joan Van Ark plays a character called Val Sheffield, The Bionic Boy’s sister. The Bionic Boy’s Doctor has scenes with Val and is played by Jack Bannon, who later played Scott Easton on Knots Landing and arranged to take her babies away. Stephen Macht plays Joe Patton, a sort of human computer friend of Steve’s. Of course, Donna Mills had turned up in season two.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,937
    upload_2018-3-2_20-54-38.png upload_2018-3-2_20-54-54.png

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,652
    Both of those episodes were failed backdoor pilots for spin-off series. They tried again with Macht's "The Ultimate Impostor" with a TV movie of the same name but a different cast and new character names.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. bmasters9

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Bumping this up: Father Dowling Mysteries (CBS condensed all-in-one of this 1989-91 NBC/ABC Catholic-flavored mystery series w/the late Tom Bosley as Fr. Frank Dowling, Chicago priest)

fatherdowling1.jpg fatherdowling2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  18. J. R.'s Piece

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,024
    I had you pegged as more Crystal Light

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,937
    Loved it, I was also a huge Murder She Wrote fan.
    :eck:
    How come I've never seen this commercial before? It's surreal, it's....oh wait...is it Rita instead of Krystle?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. bmasters9

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Where did you see Father Dowling from-- BBC, ITV...?